Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

I don’t actually think the boos were aimed at him though? I thought it was more aimed at the fact that Lookman was coming off who at the time was our best player by a clear mile.

The fans booed when Lookman went off, then stopped, then booed again when Maddison’s name was read out

Just now, Wymsey said:

In all honesty, do people believe that he'll be greatly affected by the own-fan booing?

Depends on his personality really . To some it will be like water off a ducks back, to others it’ll spur them on to prove those booing wrong.  Then there’s some who it will effect their confidence so very hard to say . 

Just now, baldeagle said:

Depends on his personality really . To some it will be like water off a ducks back, to others it’ll spur them on to prove those booing wrong.  Then there’s some who it will effect their confidence so very hard to say . 

The cynic in me would say that he isn’t really that bothered.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

He does seem to have lost all interest. 

Yeah, maybe I am being harsh but it all felt like an act. For instance, when he was happy to take the plaudits for the social distancing celebration against Southampton last year, only to then break lockdown rules and costing us arguably the biggest league game of the season.

I obviously don’t know the guy but I would imagine him to be the most materialistic person in the whole squad.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He definitely got booed. And it’s definitely not great that it happened. But let’s not pretend Maddison has earned any kind of unconditional support…

Fickle bunch. 

How does the song go?

“through the good times and the bad, we’ll always back the lads (until they wear a see-through back pack, modern clothes I don’t like, and go on holiday in the off-season)”

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Fickle bunch. 

How does the song go?

“through the good times and the bad, we’ll always back the lads (until they wear a see-through back pack, modern clothes I don’t like, and go on holiday in the off-season)”

And be miles off their game? Not condoning booing but let's not dress this up. He's been poor for a long time, fans didn't want Lookman off, not necessarily Maddison booed on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Wait til Bald Eagle sees that Maddison is at Spurs stadium tonight watching the AJ fight after today’s draw. 

I think his head will spontaneously combust lol

Wrong again , I couldn’t care less  . You seem to think I have a vendetta against him  when I haven’t . Also looks  like I’m currently living rent free  in your head … enjoy 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Didn’t Nacho say it affected him?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf i dont think the boos were directed at Maddison more the fact the decision to take off who was our best player on the pitch on the day, who looked to be the difference for us

I think they were directed at rodgers for bringing maddison on. Subtle difference.  Did radio leicester ask ridgers about.... dont expect so...too busy brown nosing