Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

To me, Maddison doesn’t look the same, even in that golf vid the official website did. Seems a bit down and his energy seems to be missing. I’m not an expert, but whether something else is at play with him at the mo I don’t know. Doesn’t seem his usual bubbly self. Just look at his body language, confidence taken a hit it looks to me.  

Guest bennytwohats
9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Seen at aj fight.

The only place he should want to be seen is driving in and out of the training ground

Footballers are allowed out of their house. As much as anyone I think he’s been poor, but let’s keep it proportionate, he’s a young lad who is allowed to go to events and enjoy himself away from work like the rest of us.

19 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Seen at aj fight.

The only place he should want to be seen is driving in and out of the training ground

You have a small point that he doesn’t need to publicise what he’s up to when things aren’t going well for him professionally 

but that doesn't take into account that players like him are a brand  - I reckon his boohoo contract dictates that he does need to make his SM stuff v public and relevant 

Assuming he isn’t breaking any laws or behaving in a way that brings the good name of the club into disrepute, if it affects his football then 100% we should have an opinion 

if it doesn’t then it’s none of our business 

I would think to get away from Leicester for a night to watch an event like that is good for his mental state. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You have a small point that he doesn’t need to publicise what he’s up to when things aren’t going well for him professionally 

but that doesn't take into account that players like him are a brand  - I reckon his boohoo contract dictates that he does need to make his SM stuff v public and relevant 

Assuming he isn’t breaking any laws or behaving in a way that brings the good name of the club into disrepute, if it affects his football then 100% we should have an opinion 

if it doesn’t then it’s none of our business 

I would think to get away from Leicester for a night to watch an event like that is good for his mental state. 

Think you're looking too far into it. He's gone out to the boxing and that's it.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Think you're looking too far into it. He's gone out to the boxing and that's it.

I didn’t mean he went because of his contract- I meant that when he goes to stuff like this he has to stick it on his SM 

those who want to bash the fella are straight tw*ts imo

he’s a human being - he isn’t out of form on purpose.  He’s got a new kid at home and has had a bad injury.  These players aren’t machines  - too many fans are nobs …..(not just ours)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

And be miles off their game? Not condoning booing but let's not dress this up. He's been poor for a long time, fans didn't want Lookman off, not necessarily Maddison booed on. 

You do know what unconditional and always mean right? Maybe we should starts saying we’ll sometime back the lads. 

Im not suggesting he’s been playing well at all, but suggesting he’s not done anything to earn our support over the last three years is barmy. 

2 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

You do know what unconditional and always mean right? Maybe we should starts saying we’ll sometime back the lads. 

Im not suggesting he’s been playing well at all, but suggesting he’s not done anything to earn our support over the last three years is barmy. 

I'm confused? I'm suggesting he's been poor BUT the booing was for the decision to take off the best player on the park?

Seeing the lad get stick all over twitter for going boxing, you can have a crap day in your job and still have a life outside of it. You don’t see brickies ‘on the training pitch’ if they messed up a wall on a Friday afternoon.

By all means call him out for his performances and attitude during games but leave off his personal life.

10 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I'm confused? I'm suggesting he's been poor BUT the booing was for the decision to take off the best player on the park?

You and me both son.  I was replying to a poster who said that Maddison hasn’t done anything to deserve our support.

There’s 100 odd pages worth of middle aged men going after a lad for what he wears, what he does in his spare time, the cars he drives, the boots he wears etc. if you think every person was booing the decision yesterday rather than the player coming on you’re an ostrich. 

I'm amazed people are trying to either deny Maddison was booed coming on, which was a separate boo to Lookman going off, or that our grounds acoustics are that shite no one could hear it! 

As has been mentioned, booing Lookman coming off due to frustration is one thing, but to boo any of your own players coming on is completely ridiculous.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

22 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

You and me both son.  I was replying to a poster who said that Maddison hasn’t done anything to deserve our support.

There’s 100 odd pages worth of middle aged men going after a lad for what he wears, what he does in his spare time, the cars he drives, the boots he wears etc. if you think every person was booing the decision yesterday rather than the player coming on you’re an ostrich. 

Have a lie down my friend. Don't let the middle aged men upset you 👍

There is a fine old tradition of booing in English football which simply amounts to an expression of dissatisfaction, hardly unreasonable when a football match isn’t going well.

I’m not a huge fan of booing an individual coming on to the pitch but the rather self righteous condemnation of some

on here is a little supercilious. For goodness sake, fans were unhappy that arguably our best player was being replaced by one that was out of form; a perfectly human reaction to a disappointing substitution.

• Haha 1