Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I actually wonder if not losing a 'name' this summer has somewhat worked against us.

Season after season we've had to watch our 'best' player leave for big money and found ourselves littered with exciting replacements.

Yes, but maybe the Greedy 6 have worked out that rather than buying our players it's much cheaper to mess with their heads by feeding sh*t to the media about players X or player y and de-stabilise the club that way.

Was there any of our players that weren't continually linked to them.  

Note - that is NOT an invitation to type "Perez"

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

More annoyed with him associating with that unfunny bellend Chunkz rather than his form for the past 9 months if I’m honest. 

If there was a footballer that you would associate with Chunkz, it’s James Maddison.

• Like 1

The whole not booing footballers is one of the most ridiculous debates in football.

It starts from the point of assuming that none of them can get negative feedback and react in any way other than their world crumbling. There are plenty of examples of players getting negative reactions thinking “I’ll show you” and sticking it to ‘the haters’ (also a pathetic term which asserts anything other than positivity must come from a bad place).

Of course when we ask players do they like being booed they say no. Wouldn’t we all?! We’d all love to live and work in an environment where everything is always hunky dory and nothing is ever not good enough and we don’t ever get told when we need to sharpen our act up (aka. A comfort zone).

For the record, I didn’t boo Maddison, but I don’t have any issue with those who did. Let’s say they had all shouted loudly in perfect unison: “Your form hasn’t been good enough, you’ve been crap for months and we’re not too pleased about seeing you come on because of this”. Like altogether in a magic chorus of perfectly orchestrated timed unity. Would that have been out of order?!

Is it the sound of the boo or the act of breaking some sacred code of never giving negative feedback that is the offensive thing here? Because if it’s not telling someone when they’ve not met expectations then that’s bordering on ludicrous and is not reality in any other walk of life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The whole not booing footballers is one of the most ridiculous debates in football.

It starts from the point of assuming that none of them can get negative feedback and react in any way other than their world crumbling. There are plenty of examples of players getting negative reactions thinking “I’ll show you” and sticking it to ‘the haters’ (also a pathetic term which asserts anything other than positivity must come from a bad place).

Of course when we ask players do they like being booed they say no. Wouldn’t we all?! We’d all love to live and work in an environment where everything is always hunky dory and nothing is ever not good enough and we don’t ever get told when we need to sharpen our act up (aka. A comfort zone).

For the record, I didn’t boo Maddison, but I don’t have any issue with those who did. Let’s say they had all shouted loudly in perfect unison: “Your form hasn’t been good enough, you’ve been crap for months and we’re not too pleased about seeing you come on because of this”. Like altogether in a magic chorus of perfectly orchestrated timed unity. Would that have been out of order?!

Is it the sound of the boo or the act of breaking some sacred code of never giving negative feedback that is the offensive thing here? Because if it’s not telling someone when they’ve not met expectations then that’s bordering on ludicrous and is not reality in any other walk of life.

Mark should allow downvotes on this forum. Then you can see the effect it has. 

I agree /some/ players might be motivated in a “I’ll show you” manner. But not the most.

If you **** up at work, and your co workers start booing you, are you going to up your game? I’d think “**** these guys”. And my resultant attitude would lower everyone’s mood and performance.

I remember in 15/16 when the fans would get behind the team when they were up against it. I remember Vardy thanking the fans, telling them how important that was.

We’re doing the opposite now.

• Like 3

On 28/09/2021 at 22:04, Foxxed said:

Mark should allow downvotes on this forum. Then you can see the effect it has. 

I agree /some/ players might be motivated in a “I’ll show you” manner. But not the most.

If you **** up at work, and your co workers start booing you, are you going to up your game? I’d think “**** these guys”. And my resultant attitude would lower everyone’s mood and performance.

I remember in 15/16 when the fans would get behind the team when they were up against it. I remember Vardy thanking the fans, telling them how important that was.

We’re doing the opposite now.

WE need a sound we can make that is not a boo - as that is ambiguous - are we aiming at the player or the manager?.  I wasn't at the game but I wanted to let Rodgers know that I thought he was crazy.  (I would also like to give Maddison a good talking to - but that wasn't the moment).

Suppose we all shout Naaa Naaaa Naaa - so that Rodgers knows it is his decision we are unhappy with?

Edited by foxinsocks

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

WE need a sound we can make that is not a boo - as that is ambiguous - are we aiming at the player or the manager?.  I wasn't at the game but I wanted to let Rodgers know that I thought he was crazy.  (I would also like to give Maddison a good talking to - but that wasn't the moment).

Suppose we all shout Naaa Naaaa Naaa - so that Rodgers knows it is his decision we are unhappy with?

Booing at any time isn't great, but what was particularly bad was the booing continued when Maddison came on the pitch, which made it much more about him than the fact that Lookman was going off. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

Booing at any time isn't great, but what was particularly bad was the booing continued when Maddison came on the pitch, which made it much more about him than the fact that Lookman was going off. 

I think we need a reaction from the fans.  Maddison is clearly struggling for whatever reason, I suspect injury, but I'm just guessing.  What he needs now and is for the fans to sing his name long and loud.  We need him to recover his form.  This would be the best way that we could help him with that and to show him that the boo boys don'r represent us.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think we need a reaction from the fans.  Maddison is clearly struggling for whatever reason, I suspect injury, but I'm just guessing.  What he needs now and is for the fans to sing his name long and loud.  We need him to recover his form.  This would be the best way that we could help him with that and to show him that the boo boys don'r represent us.

Is this a good time to resurrect my suggestion for a new song to the tune of Bon Jovi's Bad Medicine? :whistle:

Oooh-ooh we've got James Maddison, James Maddison is all we need

Oooh-ooh we've got James Maddison, best player in the Premier League (alternative suggestions welcome to improve this line!)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I reckon he will start tonight behind Daka and he will be much improved :fc:

I've just got a feeling that a few of the players are going to hugely step up tonight. Point to be proved. I'm still not sure JM is 100% fit; but lets see some of that spark.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, murphy said:

He's never had a song has he? It's weird as whenever you have the mascots pick their favourite player its 75% of the time Maddison it seems, whereas the older generations just never seem to have warmed to him. Part of it of course is whether a song catches on or no, but I can really see him being someone who gets a huge boost in that way. 

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He's never had a song has he? It's weird as whenever you have the mascots pick their favourite player its 75% of the time Maddison it seems, whereas the older generations just never seem to have warmed to him. Part of it of course is whether a song catches on or no, but I can really see him being someone who gets a huge boost in that way. 

Nothing really Madders..

Anyone can see..

Nothing really madders,

Nothing really madders to me......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm still not sure JM is 100% fit; but lets see some of that spark.

I get the impression he's not. I'm not sure it's the kind of injury that responds to being bashed about either. The way he plays, he likes to roll players, I reckon it invites further niggles. It must make it difficult to manage game time for him.

4 hours ago, Silva Fox said:

Is this a good time to resurrect my suggestion for a new song to the tune of Bon Jovi's Bad Medicine? :whistle:

Oooh-ooh we've got James Maddison, James Maddison is all we need

Oooh-ooh we've got James Maddison, best player in the Premier League (alternative suggestions welcome to improve this line!)

Living on a prayer would be more fitting