Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

7/10 and good but not great game for me. He was good in keeping the ball going and drawing fouls, but wasteful with set pieces. His role in the team is to find the killer pass and it didn’t quite happen, though he did find Nacho with one who should have at least tested the keeper. 

Definitely getting much closer to what I’d expect, though Perez outdid him when he came on!

Agree, felt he played well but was visibility tired and drifted out the game before he was subbed. At least he got back to moving the ball more quickly and directly today. More of that please and he’ll be well on the way back to the old Madders who we all love.  

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst I felt he did nothing spectacular he was decent yesterday, his best game in a long time and that's probably what the problem has been - he was always looking to do the spectacular and it wasn't coming off, just get your head down, get stuck in and play your game!

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I know people don't condone booing and that but his upturn in form has directly coincided with the manager and the fans demonstrating annoyance with him. 

Just at a further to this - I'm not advocating for a hate campaign every time he doesn't perform. 

But - he was shit for six months and has only really got it together after feeling like folk had enough. It's very clear that he wants to be adored and becomes motivated if he isn't. That's something Brendan can use. 

1 hour ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

What did he do of any note? Few shots and quality corners? 

Didn't hang on to it for too long and maintained the forward momentum. Played some wonderful first time through balls (after Youri found him usually) and generally contributed to the game rather than marked his own territory. 

It was definitely a marked improvement from previous showings largely do, IMHO, to not trying to be 'the star'.

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

It may be.. 

I know what you're saying

(picky mode on) not the same but can both be used describe the same thing. Something may be both causal and correlate.

Like, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after me!

7 hours ago, drumbeat said:

Didn't hang on to it for too long and maintained the forward momentum. Played some wonderful first time through balls (after Youri found him usually) and generally contributed to the game rather than marked his own territory. 

It was definitely a marked improvement from previous showings largely do, IMHO, to not trying to be 'the star'.

Problem is he raised the bar first half of last season and is possibly judged on that. Not spectacular on Saturday but improvement hopefully going forward.

8 hours ago, drumbeat said:

I know what you're saying

(picky mode on) not the same but can both be used describe the same thing. Something may be both causal and correlate.

Like, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after me!

But although it doesbt mean they definitely are... they may be.

Btw .  I dont think the crowd are helping Maddison at all. I am hoping he is working with the coaches to build his form and confidence.