Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

I missed this James Maddison. Hard working, he was brilliant in the second half. To be honest I almost gave up on him, he's been painfully average for months and Youri too often had to carry the burden of creating chances and taking the responsibility in the midfield. It's frustrating because we all know how good he can be on his day. Keep it up Madders 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Two quality assists today. Arguably could have had more but ultimately a very solid performance with high work rate and effort too. Great to see him playing like this again. 

Only got one didn’t he? 

Much better from him, had that blend of finding space from deep at times or making sure he was supporting play when we were advancing in to their half which is essential in this system otherwise its a very defensive and workmanlike system as there's 2 strikers, with no wingers and no ACM effecting play.

A good week for him and coming in to some form just when we need him. Hopefully we can see the same from Barnes but I do wonder how he gets any minutes in a 3-4-1-2. Lookman has no chance but we need to put some wins together so let's worry about that after a few more games.

One thing I wish Maddison could sort out though is his connection with the ball in and around the box, so many scuffed passes/crosses/shots in moments where a clean connection and quality chances will come from it, odd for a player of his perceived technical ability. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Much better from him, had that blend of finding space from deep at times or making sure he was supporting play when we were advancing in to their half which is essential in this system otherwise its a very defensive and workmanlike system as there's 2 strikers, with no wingers and no ACM effecting play.

A good week for him and coming in to some form just when we need him. Hopefully we can see the same from Barnes but I do wonder how he gets any minutes in a 3-4-1-2. Lookman has no chance but we need to put some wins together so let's worry about that after a few more games.

One thing I wish Maddison could sort out though is his connection with the ball in and around the box, so many scuffed passes/crosses/shots in moments where a clean connection and quality chances will come from it, odd for a player of his perceived technical ability. 

against United we spent a lot of the game playing 343 with Maddison left wing and Nacho right, could easily play Barnes in that

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

against United we spent a lot of the game playing 343 with Maddison left wing and Nacho right, could easily play Barnes in that

True, I just don't see us doing that without Ndidi in the midfield 2. Although Maddison did drift wide left his starting position was central and I don't think Rodgers trusts Barnes in that role, Lookman he may though who is better off the ball.

Brilliant game from Madders. It's not all about assists and goals, as a midfielder / 10 it's also about key passes that open up the opposition and Maddison made plenty of those all night long. He also wriggled free and found space in tight situations over and over.

Only negative was going for goal a few times too many when better options were on. He's probably the type that like last season once he finds the net will go on a run of scoring. That would be great, but right now we've got 3 players who are on fire in front of goal, just be a team player and play them in and they will do the rest. You don't have to be a hero in every game. Tielemans tonight I don't think had a shot at goal, yet bossed the middle of the park and played in Daka.

The biggest improvement in James is he is holding the ball more , he seems to have got away from this quick flick on and really quick one touches . That’s not to say he’s not doing it still put it is so much more controlled. He is such a better player when he runs with the ball it puts defenders under so much more pressure.