Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Maddison is a real asset.   Hopefully, fans will now get behind him.

One measure of how good he is, is that seemingly all teams try to kick him out of the game.  A player of his ability needs the ref to  apply the laws of the game.  The inconsistency is problematic.

• Like 1

I thought Maddison has improved over the last 4 matches or so, peaking today.

Felt that he made himself quite a lot of space today, got some free kicks in good positions and also got some clever free kicks to slow the game down.

He wasn't brilliant, don't get me wrong, but he was much improved and that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

Maddison is a real asset.   Hopefully, fans will now get behind him.

One measure of how good he is, is that seemingly all teams try to kick him out of the game.  A player of his ability needs the ref to  apply the laws of the game.  The inconsistency is problematic.

...he goes down too easily!!!

It is good when refs tell him to get up, in the long run it is for his own benefit.

He bought a few fouls today which dragged us out of a hole, but it is not something I want to see coming from him.

He had a good game today, held the ball up well and played in tight spaces where there was little possession coming our way.

Has been dragged off twice now by Rodgers and each time he has not looked happy, not sure if Rodgers is not laying down markers.

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Almost feel bad asking this given his recent form and the positivity that brings, but when did he last do an interview? Only seems to come out when we win and he gets a goal.

Its great seeing him back in form, but also want to see him front up in future when he's not been on it (which he hasn't been too often of late). 

Why? Why would you want him to bear his soul when he’s in a slump? You want him to come on camera and say ‘sorry, I’m rubbish and I’m having a crisis of confidence’? Glad you’re not my line manager

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And this is why you have to persevere with players as talented as Maddison, even through all the guff performances. Him playing well not only benefits the club on the pitch, but also in terms any potential transfer fee the club might one day receive (hopefully not for a bit though).

Brendan deserves credit for good man management 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I thought Maddison has improved over the last 4 matches or so, peaking today.

Felt that he made himself quite a lot of space today, got some free kicks in good positions and also got some clever free kicks to slow the game down.

He wasn't brilliant, don't get me wrong, but he was much improved and that's good enough for me.

100% agree, I wouldn’t say he was brilliant today but over these last 3 games since the international break he has improved ten fold on the contributions he was bringing before! Long may it continue and fair play to him for the honest interview. Let’s hope he kicks on again as he can make a real difference for us when in form!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

It seems a lot of people on here have very little time for Maddison.

Yes he's a bit of a show off, his done stupid things.

But watching he's interview you can't help like the guy, ultra honest and loves his football.

We are a much better side with a fit and firing Maddison!

Couldn't agree more. Next time we lose though people will be battering him for walking over to take corners and "thinking he's better than he is".

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

Couldn't agree more. Next time we lose though people will be battering him for walking over to take corners and "thinking he's better than he is".

Tbf why does he walk to corners with one minute to go when we need a goal, bizarre behavior

He's quite easily made a scapegoat. I'm guilty of that myself.

But a fully functioning James Maddison is up there with the best in the league.

A lovely and frank interview with him. He was honest.

It's frustrating for us when he's not at his best, but it seems its exactly the same for him.

I can see how players suffer with mental health issues with so much pressure on them.

We expect AAA+ performances, constantly. 

He wants to give them, but it ain't always possible.

Very refreshing to see a player lay it bare like that.

You're frustrating, Madders. But keep going, don't be another Gazza and waste it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

He's quite easily made a scapegoat. I'm guilty of that myself.

But a fully functioning James Maddison is up there with the best in the league.

A lovely and frank interview with him. He was honest.

It's frustrating for us when he's not at his best, but it seems its exactly the same for him.

I can see how players suffer with mental health issues with so much pressure on them.

We expect AAA+ performances, constantly. 

He wants to give them, but it ain't always possible.

Very refreshing to see a player lay it bare like that.

You're frustrating, Madders. But keep going, don't be another Gazza and waste it.

Yeah his interview gave me an alternative view to his personality. I think he can come across as a bit a playboy but when you hear him speak like that it shows he passionate about his profession. I think the criticism of him has been justified but he appears to be back on the right track

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah his interview gave me an alternative view to his personality. I think he can come across as a bit a playboy but when you hear him speak like that it shows he passionate about his profession. I think the criticism of him has been justified but he appears to be back on the right track

Exactly, well put.

And another thing, he's best mates with Grealish and Chilwell.

OK, the guy can't help having bad taste, but he's dying to be in that England squad with his pals.

• Haha 1

Today was entirely why he gets so much grief on here. On his day, Maddison is a fantastic player, his off the pitch antics do irritate me but when he is on it he really is a superb footballer. I have given him a bashing on here but he has impressed me in recent weeks. His injury cannot be easy but I do believe he is working hard to get back to his best and like it or not, he is crucial to how we play. It’s great to see a rejuvenated Maddison but he still has to work to do.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, eblair said:

Tbf why does he walk to corners with one minute to go when we need a goal, bizarre behavior

Because the speed with which he approaches the ball makes no difference to our chances of scoring and there's no point him wasting energy by sprinting over to it, presumably

2 minutes ago, John12345 said:

I'd still like an upgrade on him next season. He's decent when on form but going to be a nearly man and think we should aspire to better for our first choice no10.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Who do you have your eye on as an upgrade?

I'd quite like Ward-Prowse. I'll put my tin hat on. 

But I think that would be a Youri replacement (god forbid he leaves) with Maddison still in the team and finding form.