Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

27 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Exactly, well put.

And another thing, he's best mates with Grealish and Chilwell.

OK, the guy can't help having bad taste, but he's dying to be in that England squad with his pals.

Best fuching play like it then, consistently, and stop getting injured like he’s made of wafer. 

1 hour ago, eblair said:

Tbf why does he walk to corners with one minute to go when we need a goal, bizarre behavior

At least he hasn't flipped the crowd off while doing so, like Ben Marshall did at Barnsley. That ended his career with us.

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Best fuching play like it then, consistently, and stop getting injured like he’s made of wafer. 

I think the point he was making in that interview was that's exactly what he wants to do, as we would all like him to.

He knows he hasn't been good enough. That's a good start in my opinion. 

Just now, tom27111 said:

I think the point he was making in that interview was that's exactly what he wants to do, as we would all like him to.

He knows he hasn't been good enough. That's a good start in my opinion. 

Agreed, but it irks me like a bad outbreak of gout that someone with his obvious talent doesn’t drive himself relentlessly to achieve his potential. 

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Who do you have your eye on as an upgrade?

To respond,  I see the point you are making, but I'm not a world football scout. I daresay 95 pc of us had ever heard of Ndidi or Tielemans before they signed. They are probably 2 world class midfielders though in our ranks. I'm just saying for what we are aspiring to I don't believe he's good enough. He's not a youngster anymore, a one for the future. We could do better. Like Chilwell and Maguire who were both good players. 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Agreed, but it irks me like a bad outbreak of gout that someone with his obvious talent doesn’t drive himself relentlessly to achieve his potential. 

I just think it's refreshing that a player has come out and basically admitted he hasn't been good enough.

That rarely happens.

He's been carrying an injury, but he's spoken to the gaffer about knowing he's been shite.

For me, that speaks volumes.

He's his own biggest critic. That's encouraging.

Stand by the guy. Take the rough with the smooth. 

He wants to prove how good he is more than anyone. So let's support him and take him to the same level as Grealish again.

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

The locals are not happy with our James 😂

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/james-maddison.136304/

That's actually quite sad. It's almost every poster. Normally I'd agree that he's constantly whining at the ref and going down too easily but they constantly fouled him all game long and got away with it so no idea what they're moaning about. 

Winning those fouls was critical for us today since we had no rhythm. Disrupted the game perfectly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John12345 said:

To respond,  I see the point you are making, but I'm not a world football scout. I daresay 95 pc of us had ever heard of Ndidi or Tielemans before they signed. They are probably 2 world class midfielders though in our ranks. I'm just saying for what we are aspiring to I don't believe he's good enough. He's not a youngster anymore, a one for the future. We could do better. Like Chilwell and Maguire who were both good players. 

Without wishing to pick a fight, you might well believe that, but I suspect an upgrade might be a) harder to source than you think and b) bloody expensive.

Lol, just read that bees thread, it's like reading Burnley's board in our Championship winning season. Holy crap guys, you're doing great in the Prem, how insecure could you be?

Swear there's something in the water in London. Actually hoping Madders goes on to smash it and make the England squad again now - not so much for our own prospects as to rub their faces in it. Today is a case of 'never meet your heroes' for us - I love what Brentford are doing but their fans are proper insecure melts! :fishing:

Edited by OntarioFox

2 hours ago, eblair said:

Tbf why does he walk to corners with one minute to go when we need a goal, bizarre behavior

....perhaps as previously voiced, the booing had some effect with his approach to his game!!!

He said he has had to go back to basics and take a look at his game, but unless someone says something then you have no reason to address any short comings.

A great deal has been made regarding his interview and I have heard some of it and he comes across well.

I worked with someone who was very good at one on one conversations. He was totally engaged and engaging, and you felt that the way he spoke to you, gave you the feeling that he was telling you things he has not spoken to anyone before, and you just felt good, and that he was an incredibly genuine person.

* He was in reality, very self absorbed, not good with how he dealt with people working under him and struggled to do his job without his support staff picking up the slack. I had heard before that he had these sides to him, and I found it hard to believe, until we sat and had that conversation.

It is very strange for someone to have such a persona, that can be switched on and off, and both appearing to be genuine.

NB

I am not applying these traits to Madders, just an acceptance that people are not all the portray themselves to be. As they say, watch what they do as opposed to what they say.*

Edited by sacreblueits442

Just watched the James Maddison interview post Brentford match. I was quite impressed with the guys honesty. You could tell immediately that he was extremely uncomfortable with exposing himself in such a way. 

His demeanour was akin to admitting to his mum that he had actually bunked off school without telling her, something he had to get off his chest. 

I can normally tell when someone is genuine when opening up in this manner, and I 100% believe what he said about himself and his situation, it takes a brave individual to admit that to the worldwide media.

Fortunately for James I believe he has a Coach that fully understands his problems and will do everything in his powers to help him regain his enormous talent. I think Brendan has the ability to not only to make him into a better player but also to mentor him through personal and psychological issues.

I think everyone reading this knows what a wonderful player he his when he’s firing on all cylinders, he has been one of the major factors that have contributed to our success over the past few years.

What he if fully aware of, is the opposing antagonists are more vocal the more successful you are. He will feed off that as he eluded to in his interview.

Good luck Lad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It takes balls to admit in an interview that is going out on national tv that you are/have been lacking in confidence.

Fair play to him for that. Now to get back to the player that he was and can be. 

Suspect that JMs idea of "lacking in confidence" is not quite the same as most normal humble people..

Personally, i would have preferred to see him keeping a lower post-match profile after just one good appearance rather than being straight back onto social media bigging himself up to the world again at the first opportunity...!  Im not convinced it was confidence he was lacking.....more like he had nothing to boast and shout about for the past few weeks/months

• Like 1
  • Haha 1