Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He literally did the celebration with Daka.

It's just getting fvcking stupid how many people are willing to just get on his back for the most minor of things.

Yeah. A right weird thing to complain about really. Just enjoy the win and that madders is finding some form. Finally. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jim5000 said:

I was disappointed that Maddison barely acknowledged Daka in his goal celebrations, and was far more intent on running to the Brentford fans to shush them because he scored a tap in.

Yeah same mate I was absolutely devastated

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Suspect that JMs idea of "lacking in confidence" is not quite the same as most normal humble people..

Personally, i would have preferred to see him keeping a lower post-match profile after just one good appearance rather than being straight back onto social media bigging himself up to the world again at the first opportunity...!  Im not convinced it was confidence he was lacking.....more like he had nothing to boast and shout about for the past few weeks/months

I think you're probably right, certain individuals need certain things to anchor to to get back firing. Whether it's confidence or just something to stroke the ego, it really doesn't matter. He's proven in the last that when the spark does return he tends to be very very good for a decent spell and we badly need it!

4 hours ago, casablancas said:

Yeah. A right weird thing to complain about really. Just enjoy the win and that madders is finding some form. Finally. 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Yeah same mate I was absolutely devastated

54 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yeah this took all the enjoyment away from the win too. Totally ruined October for me.

Alright, alright. Yes, there are worse things in the world. I just thought given Daka made the goal and the form he's been in, when he laid it on for Maddison the first person Maddison should have run to was Daka, not to go and wind up the opposition fans like he's scored some vardy-esque worldie. Daka was chasing him behind the goal and along the line before any recognition came. Seemed he cared more about himself than the team, which is a recuring theme with Maddison.

Edited by jim5000
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

That Bees forum is so bizarre.  If that's how they respond to Madders the 'wind up merchant' it's just as well Vardy wasn't fully fit and firing, the aftermath would have made Jonestown look tame.

Just had this image of Vards running around like a bee if he had scored. Damn it! That would’ve been awesome. Can’t wait for the return at the KP.

4 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Alright, alright. Yes, there are worse things in the world. I just thought given Daka made the goal and the form he's been in, when he laid it on for Maddison the first person Maddison should have run to was Daka, not to go and wind up the opposition fans like he's scored some vardy-esque worldie. Daka was chasing him behind the goal and along the line before any recognition came. Seemed he cared more about himself than the team, which is a recuring theme with Maddison.

It sure seemed like the home fans were giving him sh*t all game. Good for him for telling *em to stuff it. And it certainly seems like Daka and Madders get along just fine.

Hell, Daka’s a humble guy but even he might have ran to the corner and done a few flips and cartwheels before acknowledging any teammates. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet in his post match interview he talked so positively and warmly about Daka and you can tell that the two of them are close. Each celebrate both scoring using Daka's celebration but let's use any old pony to have a pop at Maddison. Astonishing. 

After the game obviously doesn't count and therefore doesn't suit the agenda some have built up in their minds. Come on, @Ric Flair, get with the game! 

• Like 2

On 24/10/2021 at 22:25, tom27111 said:

I just think it's refreshing that a player has come out and basically admitted he hasn't been good enough.

That rarely happens.

He's been carrying an injury, but he's spoken to the gaffer about knowing he's been shite.

For me, that speaks volumes.

He's his own biggest critic. That's encouraging.

Stand by the guy. Take the rough with the smooth. 

He wants to prove how good he is more than anyone. So let's support him and take him to the same level as Grealish again.

Not seen the interview but if thats what he said then fair play to him, I am not going to jump and down claiming he is the best in the world, its 2 good performances out of about 20.  However he is improving again and its one step at a time, hopefully he has a great rest of the season, as when he is on form he's a decent player.  I hope he respects Brendan for all the chances he has been given.