Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, Blue-fox said:

He has played a lot worse than yesterday but I still can’t get over his attitude when taking a corner. 2-0 and strolling over, really pisses me off 

What does ‘strolling over’ for a corner matter? 

Maybe it’s a moment for players to rest and catch their breath.

Stats show that a lot of the time an attacking corner is actually a risk of creating a counter/attacking chance for the opposition. 

So makes sense for the players to be ready to attack the corner/defend a counter. 

Really made my blood boil that iheanacho was taken off and not Maddison. Maddison was awful yesterday and his attitude wasn't much better than his performance. Next ross barkley? If this continues I'd get rid sadly. Thought he'd be next up but he ain't consistent enough and his attitude ain't there. Still got time to turn it around there 

Just now, NasPb said:

Really made my blood boil that iheanacho was taken off and not Maddison. Maddison was awful yesterday and his attitude wasn't much better than his performance. Next ross barkley? If this continues I'd get rid sadly. Thought he'd be next up but he ain't consistent enough and his attitude ain't there. Still got time to turn it around there 

What could you tell about his ‘attitude’ from the game yesterday? The capacity for people to add their own ‘narrative’ to things where there isn’t any is astounding 

Just now, Kinowe Soorie said:

No worries.

But just to check, you genuinely think that Maddison (108 apps, 22 goals, 15 assists) is a ‘pound shop’ version of Knockaert (72 apps, 5 goals, 7 assists). 

Also note that Knockaert was deemed not good enough for our premier league team. 

By all means, think that Maddison is poor or not good enough, but your specific arguments doesn’t stand up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

But just to check, you genuinely think that Maddison (108 apps, 22 goals, 15 assists) is a ‘pound shop’ version of Knockaert (72 apps, 5 goals, 7 assists). 

Also note that Knockaert was deemed not good enough for our premier league team. 

By all means, think that Maddison is poor or not good enough, but your specific arguments doesn’t stand up 

Knockaert played less games. Maddison could only dream of a back heeled flick goal.

13 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What could you tell about his ‘attitude’ from the game yesterday? The capacity for people to add their own ‘narrative’ to things where there isn’t any is astounding 

Was talking about this yesterday and I'm afraid to say that he really does provide the ammunition for people to create the narrative of him having an attitude problem. 

Strolling over to corners at 2-0 and having a little clap at the fans who are screaming at him to show some urgency just shows a complete lack of awareness. 

He needs to smarten up if people don't want supporters to form opinions on his attitude. 

3 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Maddison has better players around him. Living off their quality.

….right? And your specific argument is “Maddison is a pound shop Knockaert” and even the most basic evidence completely contradicts that and you’ve come up with nothing to support your claim. 

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Look at the two number 10's yesterday. Maddison should watch Smith Rowe who did/does everything Maddison should do - pick the ball up, drive at the opposition, influence the game.

Saw Connor Gallagher’s performance on motd this morning for Crystal Palace, plays slightly differently to Maddison, but what a shift he put in. Real high energy, we’re never going to get that With Maddison.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Just watched the 2nd goal again. 

Maddison was a disgrace from the giving away of the ball to trotting back and letting his man just go to set the goal up. 

It really does sum up why people are getting annoyed with him. 

So it was only Maddison's fault?

Shite he gave the ball away, granted.

But there were at least 2 or 3 other times we could have stopped their move, got a block in, put a tackle in etc.

Don't get me wrong, Maddison's consistency needs to improve. He's had a good few weeks and while he wasn't the worst (by far) yesterday, he could have been better and imposed himself on the game. The free-kick was brilliant and more often than not that goes in. He's not solely to blame for us losing the game yesterday - but some people can't hop off their agenda to point out that there was more wrong in the team than what he did. 

Soumare and Amartey were deadly slower to react or at least get in the way of Smith-Rowe's shot. Thomas lazily just getting a foot in on the ball across the box, not being strong enough in the tackle in general.

Basically my point is - Maddison could be better, of course. There were others to 'blame' for yesterday's defeat moreso than him.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So it was only Maddison's fault?

Shite he gave the ball away, granted.

But there were at least 2 or 3 other times we could have stopped their move, got a block in, put a tackle in etc.

Don't get me wrong, Maddison's consistency needs to improve. He's had a good few weeks and while he wasn't the worst (by far) yesterday, he could have been better and imposed himself on the game. The free-kick was brilliant and more often than not that goes in. He's not solely to blame for us losing the game yesterday - but some people can't hop off their agenda to point out that there was more wrong in the team than what he did. 

Soumare and Amartey were deadly slower to react or at least get in the way of Smith-Rowe's shot. Thomas lazily just getting a foot in on the ball across the box, not being strong enough in the tackle in general.

Basically my point is - Maddison could be better, of course. There were others to 'blame' for yesterday's defeat moreso than him.

Which others? I think Soyuncu has gotten away lightly with criticism.

Just now, Kinowe Soorie said:

Which others? I think Soyuncu has gotten away lightly with criticism.

Amartey was terrible. Thomas was weak. Vardy was ineffective. Tielemans & Evans, considering they were well rested in midweek, were below par. Soumare was lazy at times. Castagne only fancied getting forward properly when we went to a back 4.

Don't think Soyuncu did that much wrong and wasn't as bad as he has been in previous weeks.

Like I said, Maddison wasn't anything special yesterday, but neither were many others. 

• Like 1