Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

5 minutes ago, teblin said:

Personally I thought 1st half he was our best player. Though that wasn’t difficult. He also works harder than he gets credit for. 

I think that's an interesting take. I can see he works hard but, considering his size and injury, maybe he needs to work smart rather than hard. 

Not every player needs to run around like a headless chicken, chasing every ball. If he's got Soumare, Ndidi, Youri near him then perhaps he can adapt to use their strengths to his advantage. 

7 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Tielemans does the same, and probably anyone else who takes our corners, but I guess it doesn't fit the agenda of bashing Maddison.

Edited by rruunneerr
Not bashing any player, just in my opinion they should not be laboured in taking corners, clapping fans when we are 2-0 down. I would love Madison to get back to his best as ultimately that makes Leicester a far better team.

7 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Tielemans does the same, and probably anyone else who takes our corners, but I guess it doesn't fit the agenda of bashing Maddison.

Not bashing any player, just in my opinion they should not be laboured in taking corners, clapping fans when we are 2-0 down. I would love Madison to get back to his best as ultimately that makes Leicester a far better team.

8 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't think it was the actual clapping that occurred prior to him taking about the 3rd of 5 corners that annoyed people. It was the frustration of seeing him saunter over slowly as if we were 2 nil up with 5 minutes to go. On one such day dream he placed the ball down and then intimated to Tielemans to consider a short corner only by this time all the Arsenal players were in position and alert to it he'd been so slow. He'd previously just strolled past Tielemans with his head down seemingly unaware of his presence. He appeared to be on another football planet and unaware of the game unfolding around him. The clapping merely accentuated his general malaise, that's what got people's goat.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rruunneerr said:

Not bashing any player, just in my opinion they should not be laboured in taking corners, clapping fans when we are 2-0 down. I would love Madison to get back to his best as ultimately that makes Leicester a far better team.

....worryingly you never see them take quick free kicks either....!!!

They have nothing about them, there does not appear to be anything inside them that makes you believe they have any spirit in them and seem to be robotic. There must have been a reason why they chose to play the game and slavishly following instructions should not be part of their make up. 

On 31/10/2021 at 23:39, FLAN said:

Came on to post pretty much what two posts above say. He has no explosive movement and seems to slow down forward play too often. I can read what he’s about to do most of the time and therefore fellow pros see it a mile off. Everything is that second too slow for this level 

Great Post, and it was exemplified somewhat by the free kick he won in the first 15 or so minutes (can't remember exactly when).

He chopped the ball and showed too much of it. The Arsenal player could easily read it and was very unlucky that Maddison just got his foot there in time to win the free kick. On another day, the opposition player wins the ball and starts a counter.

I know this happens dozens of times on any given Saturday across the leagues, but any half decent team will have seen that Maddison loves to chop and drop his shoulder. If we can see it coming from the stands, then pros that can read the game much better and have actually prepared for it will see it coming a mile off.

On 31/10/2021 at 10:57, Lako42 said:

Was talking about this yesterday and I'm afraid to say that he really does provide the ammunition for people to create the narrative of him having an attitude problem. 

Strolling over to corners at 2-0 and having a little clap at the fans who are screaming at him to show some urgency just shows a complete lack of awareness. 

He needs to smarten up if people don't want supporters to form opinions on his attitude. 

It's worse than that.  He shows little desire to scrap for the ball or chase back his own errors.  At the moment He is playing as if for himself and not for the team.  

On 31/10/2021 at 17:48, l444ry said:

Think a few other players need looking at before knocking Maddison's performance yesterday. In his defence it looked like he was pulled out from his basic No. 10 role midway through the first half in a tactical move by Rodgers as Arsenal were ripping into Thomas. It made a difference? We lost that game with a pitifully slow start as a team and another badly defended corner. Not sure why Maddison is due any more criticism than any of the others. 

Good points, and we definitely lost it in the communal sleepwalk as soon as the whistle blew.  However, if you are being overrun then the midfield is the first section where you look for the fight and energy to start changing it about - that is the engine room of the team.  That's the last area where you want to find players trying to hide.  Maddison at his worst, and it's happening more regularly, seems to swan around on the periphery of where the main battle, and he, should be applying himself.

• 4 weeks later...

He was brilliant today. I actually forgot how much ability he has when he can be bothered and has a bit of confidence. I thought that he linked the attack all game well, drifted in and out of the channels and made a genuine effort to retrieve the ball. I know that his off the pitch antics irritate many on this forum but if he can recapture his form then we will be a much better side.

• Like 3

Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

He was brilliant today. I actually forgot how much ability he has when he can be bothered and has a bit of confidence. I thought that he linked the attack all game well, drifted in and out of the channels and made a genuine effort to retrieve the ball. I know that his off the pitch antics irritate many on this forum but if he can recapture his form then we will be a much better side.

Also good midweek. Seems to have woken up.

• Like 1