Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

I almost forgot how good he can be. The last couple of games he has been superb. 
When he is fit and in this sort of form the team is so much more lethal going forward.

Even when he lost the ball he tried to win it back and put himself about pressing. A really good performance today.

It isn't just his ability being back. He's clearly been working at his game. The left foot finish on Thursday, he's always been able to use his left peg but it's getting stronger/ more reliable now. He's putting the hard yards in training. Good to see him back as he's a massive player for us when on song/ confidence has returned.

An in form Maddison is statistically one of the most successful players in the league and that’s a fact. 

my only headache is, he only hits top form when Thielemans isn’t in the side. If Youri does go which is inevitable we may see the best of Madders on a more consistent basis 

Edited by JonnyBoy
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 29/11/2021 at 07:18, majaco said:

Some of the acidic criticism aimed at Maddison earlier in the season seems a little ill-judged now.

Hes had a few good games (some very good).

He needs to maintain this. He often has a run of 10 games in form, gets injured and starts again poorly.

Notice Rodgers reminded him of that in the interview.

Been absolutely brilliant of late and a massive boost to the team when he's in this form.

I just hope the inevitable England snubs don't dishearten him. Not because I don't think he's worthy but because we all know Southgate will keep the door firmly closed with his big club bias. 

This is the best of Maddison we have ever seen. Well done mate. You have matured and gotten rid of some of the unnecessary show pony stuff that had set you and the team back before. You are now quicker in transition and are now looking to pass earlier and make things simpler. Football is about intelligence and you are now using it more over your desire to show off. That was why you had at times previously been a liability to the free flow attack that we wanted. You are now more of a team player. Keep up the goodwork.

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Been absolutely brilliant of late and a massive boost to the team when he's in this form.

I just hope the inevitable England snubs don't dishearten him. Not because I don't think he's worthy but because we all know Southgate will keep the door firmly closed with his big club bias. 

Agree he has been brilliant. Looks like the time on the bench has worked wonders to make him realise what he needed to do to improve and go to the next step.

In fairness, he was not as good as he is recently. I think it was fair for Southgate to not pick him when there are plenty of other options, like Grealish who was clearly better. There is some work to do still for Maddison. It has only been a few games. Hope he keeps it up.