Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Could he fill the Tielemans role if Youri did leave?

I don’t think so.

Team balance is key. Right now we have too many passengers off the ball & last night was a perfect example. Barnes, Lookman & Soumare in particular weren’t tracking runners, winning second balls, pressing or making many tackles. This allowed Southampton to pass through us with ease at times & a better team would have punished us. Maddison in the Youri role would just add to this problem further.

Then get another creative AM type in, such as Aouar :ph34r:

However, I would love to sign another creative AM as competition for Maddison. Providing Youri stays our midfield options would be pretty good:

Youri / KDH

Ndidi / Soumare / Choudhury

Maddison / New AM

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

Madders looks back to his usual tenacious pain in the arse to defenders quality performances again, his goal he scored squeezing in at the near post was Sublime hope he carries on scoring many more for us over the coming Months, but was a worry when he went down clutching that left hip and glute again hope the lad is all fit and well to face the Vile ?

Could he fill the Tielemans role if Youri did leave? Then get another creative AM type in, such as Aouar :ph34r:

Maddison needs centre stage and appears to play at a higher level without  Tielemans , playing Devils Advocate but could it be like with the England Golden generation of Lampard and Gerrard these never played as well together as with their clubs individually ?

Personally don’t buy the Maddison plays better without Youri talk. Maddison has had periods of playing well and less well for the last couple of years when Youri has been a virtual ever present. 

Maddison had a great start to this calendar year with Youri in the side. And actually some of our best football came when the 2 of them played as joint 8’s in 2019 I believe. 

Personally think Maddison is just looking fitter again, and his hip has been playing up less recently which has allowed him to produce arguably some of his best form for us and long may it continue, hopefully with Youri back to his best in the side again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

An in form Maddison is statistically one of the most successful players in the league and that’s a fact. 

my only headache is, he only hits top form when Thielemans isn’t in the side. If Youri does go which is inevitable we may see the best of Madders on a more consistent basis 

Not true. Last season, his best run of form was from Jan to Feb, scoring 5 goals as 3 assists, all with Youri in the side. 

2019/20 season, he was brilliant until Christmas, scoring 6 and 3 assists, all with Youri in the side.

Youri has been almost every present since Jan 18/19, so you are saying Jimmy hasn't been on top form all that time.

Since then, Jimmy has played 94 game games scoring 19 goals and 16 assists. 

The only thing holding Jimmy back has been niggly injuries  

• Like 4

Very good yesterday and he has been improving since about mid-October, funnily enough the time he was finally dropped.

Any sensible criticism of Maddison has always acknowledged that he is very capable of delivering at a high level for 6-10 weeks per season and hopefully we’re seeing that now. If he’s serious about living up to his reputation and getting more England caps he has to go beyond that, deliver consistently and most importantly stay fit. It’s no use having a top class player who only shows up for 10 games a season.

I just hope he keeps his head on and keeps his performances as the primary focus. I always feel that he gets swept up into 'brand maddison' mode as quickly as the press. No chat of England please, no nights out, no transfer nonsense. Just play the next 15 games with the same swagger. Focus young Madders and rest will eventually follow. 

• Like 2

Im sure i and probably others have said it.. but, Madders suddenly finds form when he is playing withOUT Youri on the park ??

I just wonder if they can play together successfully?

Edit.. i see this has been debunked above :)

Edited by ozleicester

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....conversely, it may have focused his attention.....!!!

Maybe I'm reading far too much into it, but I suspect damage has been done between the support and Madders

His mate Chilwell is on record about how our fans affected him. And I've noticed his (Madders') celebrations and social media appear much more centred around himself, his stats, his name, his showereel....all seems very defensive and chip on his shoulder. 

The friendly Madders with the fans, the zoom type things with fans, celebrations with fans seem to have gone. 

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Maybe I'm reading far too much into it, but I suspect damage has been done between the support and Madders

His mate Chilwell is on record about how our fans affected him. And I've noticed his (Madders') celebrations and social media appear much more centred around himself, his stats, his name, his showereel....all seems very defensive and chip on his shoulder. 

The friendly Madders with the fans, the zoom type things with fans, celebrations with fans seem to have gone. 

Give the lad a break, why be so keen to come up with a negative narrative.

Looks just to be a lad enjoying his football to me.

• Like 3

Just now, Paninistickers said:

....I  do not look into multi media or take note of what players post, but I do feel that his relationship with Rodgers is broken. 

His recent performances give a the feeling similar to your  observation, that he is trying to find a way out of the club and the only way is to get his game going again.

If this is really his goal then it would be a win win for all concerned, as we get a decent fee and he gets the freedom to play in the manner and position he wishes to play, somewhere else. 

I would be surprised if he had an account on this forum and were to read the comments about himself, if that did not persuade a player that there is little or no love for them here.

He nay have seen our club as the perfect conduit for his career, and as it was within touching distance of where his family is, it would be an ideal club to serve his term.

If Chilwell's experiences are beginning to manifest themselves in Maddison's life  and time on the pitch, we should not be surprised if he (Maddison) would not be gone in the summer. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I would be surprised if he had an account on this forum and were to read the comments about himself, if that did not persuade a player that there is little or no love for them here.

I would be amazed if any players were daft enough to go anywhere near internet fan forums! Surely that’s covered in lesson one of How to be a Professional Footballer.

Even if they did, I shouldn’t think a few dozen shouty rude people would make anyone think the whole fanbase hated them.