Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Maybe I'm reading far too much into it, but I suspect damage has been done between the support and Madders

His mate Chilwell is on record about how our fans affected him. And I've noticed his (Madders') celebrations and social media appear much more centred around himself, his stats, his name, his showereel....all seems very defensive and chip on his shoulder. 

The friendly Madders with the fans, the zoom type things with fans, celebrations with fans seem to have gone. 

@Paninistickers it was this this bit that made me wonder ;)

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Give the guy a break, and those few fans that seemed to go out their way to ‘get him’ - including phone calls to national radio stations making very serious accusations - should take a long hard look at themselves. If anything I would argue they are damaging a prize asset and therefore damaging the club. Bizarre.

There's always going to be a small percentage of football followers (I use that to differentiate from supporters or fans) who do so with venom in their hearts.

They appear to need to vent their bitterness on individuals who, for whatever reason, have attracted negative attention, usually from judgemental media sources. They're the same kind who'd do the thumbs down on a defeated gladiator or cast the first rock at a public stoning.

Chilly became a target and it repressed his talent. He began to hang back and I wonder if that was to keep away from the caucus of boo-boys waiting to taunt him.

It's not easy to stop this. They've paid their money so believe they're entitled to berate any player who fails their perverse value system. But the club should call them out. Madders is an extremely valuable asset to the team - I rate him on a par with Youri Tielemans in his potential effectiveness. If you damage a player's confidence, you damage the teams' confidence. 

You always hope a player wearing the royal blue is going to make it. But, if they don't, it's worth keeping in mind that they have to carry the burden of fan expectation weekly in front of thirty thousand people, knowing that a bad pass or miss will be subject to all kinds of adverse comment - in the case of the Prem, nationally. Money's no recompense for a week of bad press. When someone scores or the team wins the joy isn't just about performing well, it's about keeping one step ahead of the wolves' fangs. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I  do not look into multi media or take note of what players post, but I do feel that his relationship with Rodgers is broken. 

His recent performances give a the feeling similar to your  observation, that he is trying to find a way out of the club and the only way is to get his game going again.

If this is really his goal then it would be a win win for all concerned, as we get a decent fee and he gets the freedom to play in the manner and position he wishes to play, somewhere else. 

I would be surprised if he had an account on this forum and were to read the comments about himself, if that did not persuade a player that there is little or no love for them here.

He nay have seen our club as the perfect conduit for his career, and as it was within touching distance of where his family is, it would be an ideal club to serve his term.

If Chilwell's experiences are beginning to manifest themselves in Maddison's life  and time on the pitch, we should not be surprised if he (Maddison) would not be gone in the summer. 

And a few fans, Desperate for wanting it to go that way....!!!

Just to carry their repetitive negatives posts to give some life's sinn...I

The Chilwells, & Maddisons are easy meat.....they are more open because their openess, to snidey Social- Media hawks.....

Lets be fair...when have you ever Followed a positive trait..???:dunno:

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

@Paninistickers it was this this bit that made me wonder ;)

Yeah, ok..I see how it could read. I was actually being critical though of supporters who, possibly, have backed him into a corner. 

What a shame if that were to be the case (but of course, I'm only hypothesising)

A seemingly lovely lad. A joie de vivre about him. And a very good, very entertaining player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

I would be amazed if any players were daft enough to go anywhere near internet fan forums! Surely that’s covered in lesson one of How to be a Professional Footballer.

Even if they did, I shouldn’t think a few dozen shouty rude people would make anyone think the whole fanbase hated them.

I would be amazed if they didn't browse fans forums. And how somebody reacts to criticism is a very individual thing. 

Anyone remember Stephen Fry going missing after a poor review? 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What strikes me is that very few fans see players as individual human beings and try to understand what footballing and non-footballing factors impact on performance. Take Maddison and just one thing that’s happened to him recently - having a baby. I can tell you now that when I was a new dad my work performance dipped and output changes as you adapt to a new way of living. Who knows, this might have impacted Vardy at some point with all the new additions to his clan. I wouldn’t have thought there are many, if any, players that go out deliberately to play poorly - but things that go on around them impact on that. And that’s the case for all of us.

Give the guy a break, and those few fans that seemed to go out their way to ‘get him’ - including phone calls to national radio stations making very serious accusations - should take a long hard look at themselves. If anything I would argue they are damaging a prize asset and therefore damaging the club. Bizarre.

Salt in his tea probably hasn’t helped 

Just now, Royston. said:

Was in my team but I ditched him cos he was sh1t.

Works every fuching time.

This week I benched Dennis and switched Ronaldo out for Kane. That’s about a 23 point mistake right there. What a shit game.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Maddison has been our best player over the last month. Goals, assists and all round game has been on point.

When he plays well, the entire team plays better. Forming a great partnership with Patson Daka, which is really promising for the future of the club. I think KDH coming into the team has also helped him out, plays more of a progressive style than Soumare which helps move the team forward.

Captain Maddison!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Maddison always gets unfavourably compared to Grealish, and in some respects it's fair, but their stats are probably very similar and he's certainly having a better season this year.

The comparison is ridiculous as they are markedly different players. Grealish runs with the ball much better. But Madders has more flicks & tricks. Apples & Pears 

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Maddison always gets unfavourably compared to Grealish, and in some respects it's fair, but their stats are probably very similar and he's certainly having a better season this year.

This may seem crazy but when both players  are at the top of their game I would take Maddison over Grealish !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

The comparison is ridiculous as they are markedly different players. Grealish runs with the ball much better. But Madders has more flicks & tricks. Apples & Pears 

Agree. 

Though Grealish is more an equivalent to St Maximim - and St M is in imo miles ahead of him. And Sterling. 

But Grealish was signed by Man City presumably not so much/ not solely for football reasons, but I guess the arabs wanted a boy band style superstar to further their brand 

• Like 1

I was hoping he'd be back on song in this sort of diamond / lopsided 4-3-3 as I thought he was anonymous vs Napoli at a time where he's been our entire creative outlet in the last 5-10 games. 

He eventually got more and more involved today and was starting to learn when to roam centrally without it leaving us exposed or overcrowded with 4 midfielders vying for the ball. 

He's a joy to watch when he's like this. Love him

Goal music needs to go. I didn’t mind when they used to play the song as we left the stadium and if we’d won the crowd would join in with it. But now it’s used as the goal music it’s like chelsea ****ing dagger all over again. Bin. At least with fire it played in the background and you barely heard it.

Pre-match the music is far too loud, it’s draining. I can’t even be bothered to try and talk to my mates it’s that load. Stay in the pub until 5 mins before kick off.

As for the away fans out signing l1, they always will do. You’ve got 3200 away fans next to a small block, only half of which are standing and signing. Sk1 is too far away and again too small in number. The club needs to join these sections and allow them space to grow, unfortunately if that means forcing people to move I’m afraid they’ll have to.

As for the empty seats, weather it was because of the traffic on the M1 or season ticket holders not turning up I don’t know but I looked yesterday for a ticket to take my lad and there was only single tickets available dotted around the ground.

The club do need to have a platform for fans to air their concerns however, I don’t think the club are actively trying to discourage an atmosphere I just think that the people making the decisions are getting the full picture of what the fans want and are focusing on what they themselves think fans want,