Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Goal music needs to go. I didn’t mind when they used to play the song as we left the stadium and if we’d won the crowd would join in with it. But now it’s used as the goal music it’s like chelsea ****ing dagger all over again. Bin. At least with fire it played in the background and you barely heard it.

Pre-match the music is far too loud, it’s draining. I can’t even be bothered to try and talk to my mates it’s that load. Stay in the pub until 5 mins before kick off.

As for the away fans out signing l1, they always will do. You’ve got 3200 away fans next to a small block, only half of which are standing and signing. Sk1 is too far away and again too small in number. The club needs to join these sections and allow them space to grow, unfortunately if that means forcing people to move I’m afraid they’ll have to.

As for the empty seats, weather it was because of the traffic on the M1 or season ticket holders not turning up I don’t know but I looked yesterday for a ticket to take my lad and there was only single tickets available dotted around the ground.

The club do need to have a platform for fans to air their concerns however, I don’t think the club are actively trying to discourage an atmosphere I just think that the people making the decisions are getting the full picture of what the fans want and are focusing on what they themselves think fans want, 

Wrong thread?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was hoping he'd be back on song in this sort of diamond / lopsided 4-3-3 as I thought he was anonymous vs Napoli at a time where he's been our entire creative outlet in the last 5-10 games. 

He eventually got more and more involved today and was starting to learn when to roam centrally without it leaving us exposed or overcrowded with 4 midfielders vying for the ball. 

He's a joy to watch when he's like this. Love him

Yeah, he has gotten much better and tidier since coming back from the bench. My main complaint in the past was that he was too casual, too focussed in his own show pony tricks, rather than simply trying to play simpler and more effective football. He had the right ideas but often his passes were too heavy or too light or a bit wide or otherwise a little off timing (because he did an extra turn or something). He seems to have matured a bit more now and care more about real effective team football which is great. He has drastically improved and I am very glad.

Also, to a point another poster made. He seemed better with KDH or even Soumare in the side as he can focus on his own role nearer to the top. He is not the football maestro like Mahrez or KDB who can be given a free role and dictate the entire play. That we were asking too much of him and this was a reason he struggled to impose himself previously. Now with KDH being able to roam around and be an extra connecting player to help the team bring the ball forward, this frees up Maddison to focus on playing his own simple effective football first. Maybe he can in future elevate himself further and get to Mahrez level once he gets this part of his game truly in the bag.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

His confidence seems to have returned and we now remember what he can do, and to think some on FT wanted to sell him to the Arse or drop him for Perez, Nacho, KDH et al.  Now it is time for the defense to regain their mojo, then we can have a better second half of the season (I hope) and forget about the first 3 months. 

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

are we going to talk about his diving?

Having seen the replay back, it's really disappointing. Especially from a player that's previously apologised for it and vowed to change. 

Was a really obvious dive yesterday and Newcastle have every right to be angry. He should have been booked and the new laws are supposed to prevent that crap being given. 

That said, they got pumped 4 nil and we scored three other very, very good goals so they're kidding themselves if they think it's made all that much difference. 

• Like 4

He's been as good as I've ever seen him in the last 6 games. People were up his arse before his injury and he was at a good level now, but he is looking really really dangerous now. 

Gonna be interesting to see how he performs against better sides in the next month or so. 

Regrettably this does tend to be what he does. Anonymous for 15-25 games, then really good for 10 or so games. Lets hope his current form becomes the standard....

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

are we going to talk about his diving?

Do you mean his ability to play for a foul? I don’t remember us being too bothered when prime Vardy was brilliant at winning penalties…

As for the one yesterday, it was towards the softer end of the penalty spectrum, but you could see why the ref gave it, and on the replay as soon as you saw the defender’s leg was clearly moving towards Maddison after the ball had gone there was no way it was ever going to be overturned. Definitely a ‘playing for the penalty’ rather than a ‘dive.’

And even when players do dive, they’re playing professional sport, and their job is to win. They’re not taking part in a school sports day or the Olympics in the 1920s.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Are we even sure it was a dive? Soft yes but any player goes down and it didn't even look like a dive at full speed which is the better view.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

That flick for the ball in to Barnes' path leading to Daka's goal is sumptuous. A training ground move where every little bit is perfect. 

The pass, Barnes' run, Daka's movement and sprint. 

A lovely goal all round. 

It was the sort of goal we scored in 2019/20, devastating play. As was the 3rd and 4th goal. Really hope we've stumbled across a new system that gets everyone playing just how they like to.

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Ric Flair said:

It was the sort of goal we scored in 2019/20, devastating play. As was the 3rd and 4th goal. Really hope we've stumbled across a new system that gets everyone playing just how they like to.

I had the same thought. We've scored a lot of goals this year through crosses or individual brilliance.

Yesterday was a lot of winning tge ball high up the pitch and moving it quickly. Think all of the goals came from us winning the ball in their half.

47 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Legia Warsaw

Scores 2nd goal and assists 3rd goal.

Watford

Scores 1st goal and assists 2nd and 3rd goals.

Southampton 

His cross causes mayhem for the 1st goal and he scores the 2nd goal.

Villa

Plays a role in the build up to the goal. Passes to Daka who assists Barnes.

Napoli

Our two goals come as a result of his freekicks.

Newcastle

Fouled for penalty for the 1st goal, ridiculous pass sets up a tap in for Daka for the 2nd, assists Tielemans for the 3rd and scores the 4th.

I would say that other than the 4th goal against Watford, he's played a part in the build up to 14 of our last 15 goals.

Has had the most goal involvements as Vardy and Daka so far this season (sadly some of the plays you mention won't count as assists) but that's in no way downplaying his contributions. 

He's in great form at the moment. 

I don t think it was a foul as it happened but it was going to be.

I think he was on his way down already but if he hadn't committed to that diving forward to the ground movement he would've been fouled anyway with that leg in such a position it would've felled him anyway.

I reckon he  bought it earlier than it would've been given.

The problem with diving is that you are then in no position to moan when you are on the wrong end of a diving decision.

I think I prefer a game where no one dives to a game where everyone is diving.

James Maddison is skillful enough to make an impact without flinging himself about, so I would rather he didn't do so.

• Like 4

Just now, Vacamion said:

The problem with diving is that you are then in no position to moan when you are on the wrong end of a diving decision.

I think I prefer a game where no one dives to a game where everyone is diving.

James Maddison is skillful enough to make an impact without flinging himself about, so I would rather he didn't do so.

Yes, great!  The bloke is finally fit, firing and in form - so let’s fish around and find another negative from somewhere