Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I had a running gag with a few of the people sat around me yesterday who were impressed by ASM. And I laughed and said, sure, it looks really impressive but watch his end product every time. It peaked when he skinned half of our team, got in to the box in the second half and then sliced a short hilariously in to the kop. 

I'm 99% sure that should have been a corner, pretty sure our defender nipped in and got a touch on it. Castagne actually did fairly well against ASM considering how early he picked up a yellow. Also ASM has 6 goal contributions this season for one of the worst teams in the league and Madders had 7, of which 6 have come in against Watford, Newcastle and Southampton.  So in terms of end product, he's not as bad as you make him out to be. Especially as he's basically having to generate chances out of absolutely nothing.

On the Grealish debate, I think Grealish's mentality makes him the better player and I think it's what will ultimately be the difference between the two. Maddison can have an amazing 4 weeks and then disappear for months on end. Whereas you know you'll almost always get the same from Grealish.  Although the weird thing is that Maddison talks a really good game and seems to have a decent head on his shoulders. So I'm not sure if it's a lack of constant drive or a case of his hip preventing him from maintaining long periods of good form.

I'd still be up for selling Maddison if we got a generous offer in the summer, he does seem like the type of player that we would be able to pick up a fee higher than market value for, especially if he can continue to put up some good numbers this season.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree, but needs must at the moment. 

I ideally like Perez and a Riccardo back in tandem. For all the stick Perez gets, he has a good partnership with Riccy.

Personally, Lookman is a liability from a defensive point of view and add very little going forward. 

If Perez isn't fit, I'd have Albrighton back in the side against the better sides to give us more balance. 

However hard to leave out one of Maddison, Tielemans or Maddison at the moment, I would be tempted to let KDH play as the DM rather than being in Soumare 

Spot on, except on Lookman. Think he's done OK for us but agree he has struggled with the defensive side.

A lot of people don't realise how important pressuring the ball and winning the ball high up the pitch is to our style of play. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Cruel end to a great game at the stadium with the best atmosphere in England. Tough one to take! @ Anfield Stadium Liverpool Football Club https://t.co/DeI2Ge2nnk

Odd post. 

I mean he's obviously a 'footballer's footballer', shall we say.

But... When you're playing as well as he is, in a troubled team, at a dead stadium, going to places like Anfield will I'm sure get him thinking. 

If I was him I think I'd want out. He'll believe he's good enough even if he probably isn't.

1 minute ago, TamworthFoxes said:

To come out with that so soon after the game tells me exactly what I was thinking. It doesn’t mean enough to this bunch of players. He should be fuming for days after throwing that away. Instead he has already moved onto thinking about the Liverpool atmosphere. It doesn’t hurt enough for this current group. It’s why we constantly throw big games. It doesn’t mean enough. This isn’t a dig at Maddison in particular It’s the whole group. 
They don’t care enough. They are employees not supporters. winning a cup is insignificant to how much they will earn on their next transfer.

He's been superb lately, after a rough few months, but what a strange thing to post.

It's basically the same as when Chilwell was having a laugh with Chelse players when we were knocked out of the FA Cup by them a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

To come out with that so soon after the game tells me exactly what I was thinking. It doesn’t mean enough to this bunch of players. He should be fuming for days after throwing that away. Instead he has already moved onto thinking about the Liverpool atmosphere. It doesn’t hurt enough for this current group. It’s why we constantly throw big games. It doesn’t mean enough. This isn’t a dig at Maddison in particular It’s the whole group. 
They don’t care enough. They are employees not supporters. winning a cup is insignificant to how much they will earn on their next transfer.

And it stems from the manager. The top managers would surely not allow that? They’d be fuming, but I bet Rodgers will say nothing (I could be completely wrong). 

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

He's been superb lately, after a rough few months, but what a strange thing to post.

It's basically the same as when Chilwell was having a laugh with Chelse players when we were knocked out of the FA Cup by them a couple of years ago.

Exactly my point.

He will be thinking he’s played well again, scored a screamer and set one up. It doesn’t hurt or mean enough that we have threw that away.

For him to post about the Liverpool crowd within hours of what happened is a stark glimpse into the mind of our players.

We are a real soft touch with the wrong type of characters. Explains why we let so many set pieces in but score some good goals.

They just don’t care enough.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Exactly my point.

He will be thinking he’s played well again, scored a screamer and set one up. It doesn’t hurt or mean enough that we have threw that away.

For him to post about the Liverpool crowd within hours of what happened is a stark glimpse into the mind of our players.

We are a real soft touch with the wrong type of characters. Explains why we let so many set pieces in but score some good goals.

They just don’t care enough.

If only we had their ability, or, they had the passion we do.

7 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Can't fault his performance but doesn't come across well posting about the "best atmosphere in England" on the back of an embarrassing defeat though

quality player but I have said what I have said about Maddison

and got abuse on it from here

he is playing brilliant recently, nobody can doubt his talent

However he thinks of number 1 and maybe its best for all parties for him to get his wish to warm klopps bench danny ings style for a few years

Edited by twister
  • Like 1

Does sound like someone who would like to play for Liverpool. Last year it was United. Maybe next year Chelsea.

I trust even the 'posturing crew' have the IQ to understand the point I'm making.

Quality footballer, but the grass is always greener (its christmas. A time for giving. Thought I'd point it out).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Does sound like someone who would like to play for Liverpool. Last year it was United. Maybe next year Chelsea.

I trust even the 'posturing crew' have the IQ to understand the point I'm making.

Quality footballer, but the grass is always greener (its christmas. A time for giving. Thought I'd point it out).

Lets compare it to Albrighton has half his talent, but would never post that ever not ever. But then again maybe albrightons a dying breed of a player, it seems so.

I am glad I watched the game in the 90's when players gave a real shit about the clubs they played for.

12 minutes ago, twister said:

Lets compare it to Albrighton has half his talent, but would never post that ever not ever. But then again maybe albrightons a dying breed of a player, it seems so.

I am glad I watched the game in the 90's when players gave a real shit about the clubs they played for.

Amen. 

• Like 1

Quickly followed that with:

Away support today was unbelievable. Loud and proud for the whole game, gutted we couldn’t get through to semis for you lot. Safe trip home and Merry Xmas foxes 🦊 @LCFC

Someone must have told him - weren’t loud and proud at all btw. Were shit 

4 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Quickly followed that with:

Away support today was unbelievable. Loud and proud for the whole game, gutted we couldn’t get through to semis for you lot. Safe trip home and Merry Xmas foxes 🦊 @LCFC

Someone must have told him - weren’t loud and proud at all btw. Were shit 

I noticed that tweet, I think someone did indeed have a quiet word!