Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think people read far too much into social media posts. It's quite lame, really. 

He posts about Liverpool support - bad. 

Then posts about Leicester support - also bad, oh 'someone must have had a word!!' poor old Madders can't think for himself can he? 

All this shite angling for a move bollocks as well. Maybe he just liked the atmosphere? We can't delude ourselves that it wasn't loud? 

Scores a cracking goal, one of our best players for the past couple of months. And all it takes a sentence on social media for fans to lump on him again. Rubbish. Fans can't wait to bring him down again. That's more of a problem than what he actually posted. 

Some do take little things to heart too much at times and admittedly I’m not even on social media BUT it’s still not an appropriate line to take after a game like that. It doesn’t matter whether it’s in an interview or on social media - in both instances you are still a representative of the club and a player’s reaction can tell you a lot about the way they’re thinking. 

The atmosphere was cracking, that’s true. But what’s next, complimenting Klopp’s subs and tactical choices to turn the game around? If you’re going to post anything at all after that kind of defeat, then it should surely be first directed at your own fans who have made the long journey up and paid a fair bit to support you! It’s nothing to be offended about sure, but the fact that his attention immediately turns to praising the Liverpool fans doesn’t and shouldn’t sit right. It makes it sound like he was just happy to have the opportunity to play in Liverpool again, when really he and everyone else should be kicking themselves for the way they threw that game. You don’t have to be a fan of Leicester in order to have that kind of passion, that’s part of being a professional and the lavish wages should secure that minimal level of commitment to the cause.  

He can talk about the fantastic atmosphere all he wants but I don’t remember our players scrapping for it like that when we were getting dicked by Warsaw. Fans often respond to what they see on the pitch. 

Edited by oadby.fox

9 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

To come out with that so soon after the game tells me exactly what I was thinking. It doesn’t mean enough to this bunch of players. He should be fuming for days after throwing that away. Instead he has already moved onto thinking about the Liverpool atmosphere. It doesn’t hurt enough for this current group. It’s why we constantly throw big games. It doesn’t mean enough. This isn’t a dig at Maddison in particular It’s the whole group. 
They don’t care enough. They are employees not supporters. winning a cup is insignificant to how much they will earn on their next transfer.

I think you’ll find the actual problem is the defence, the attacking players can only do their part.

We have too many players who appear to have their minds somewhere else If they want to be somewhere 

else then let’s get them shipped out. Failure to win against poor Legia , Napoli and now Scousers prove

they May not be as good as they think they are. Bring in players with commitment fed up with these

show ponies

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

These players, except a couple, aren’t Leicester fans, so expecting that level of ferocity and passion in them  as they go about their job is deluded.

They should care about the team they're playing for. Im more distraught after losing a kick about with a bunch of randomers than some of our lot seem to be in a proper game that means something. 

Youri was proper pumped again though, absolutely love that bloke.

What a hit by Madders last night btw, hes in one of those rich veins of form where his value is creeping up again. The pass for Vardys first was absolutely exquisite as well. 

If we got a mega offer in Jan I'd be well up for selling before it all comes crumbling down again in a few months.

Couldn’t care less what he says as long as he keeps playing like he does. I’m fickle enough to have wanted to sell him a couple of months ago, now he is playing brilliant and definitely don’t want to sell. That’s the thing about football it’s all about different emotions. I personally can’t stand kaspar and his stupid posturing, but many seem to love it , 

Edited by Claridge

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Anyways good news is he’s probably worth Maguire money again so no matter your opinions on him he’s worth something to the club either in his current form or market value 

I've always called Maddison out for his inconsistency and he always seems to have a purple patch every season (which he seems to be having now) but we can't lose both him and Tielemans unless we reinvest it all in a quality creative midfielder.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've always called Maddison out for his inconsistency and he always seems to have a purple patch every season (which he seems to be having now) but we can't lose both him and Tielemans unless we reinvest it all in a quality creative midfielder.

I would trust we’d have an adequate replacement lined up for both but yes can’t be allowed to lose both in a season, the fall out would ruin out season even more. 

I think he gets a lot of unfair and totally unreasonable stick, but fvck me he doesn't help himself with comments like that.

If it's meant as a dig at how cack our home support is in tight games then it's horrifically worded. Absolutely no need to rim that lot (especially as it's only ever true in big games at Anfield).

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If it's meant as a dig at how cack our home support is in tight games then it's horrifically worded. Absolutely no need to rim that lot (especially as it's only ever true in big games at Anfield).

Big ‘if’ there. Absolutely nothing to suggest it’s a dig, and no reason to suppose it is.

He may just have been stating a fact, or at least his opinion as a player. He’s played in all the grounds after all; I imagine you get a pretty good sense of which ones have a good atmosphere from out on the pitch.

And to be fair, he only plays in big games at Anfield, because he plays for Leicester, and we’re massive.

56 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They should care about the team they're playing for. Im more distraught after losing a kick about with a bunch of randomers than some of our lot seem to be in a proper game that means something. 

Youri was proper pumped again though, absolutely love that bloke.

What a hit by Madders last night btw, hes in one of those rich veins of form where his value is creeping up again. The pass for Vardys first was absolutely exquisite as well. 

If we got a mega offer in Jan I'd be well up for selling before it all comes crumbling down again in a few months.

I am not saying they aren’t bothered, of course they are, just that they are not as fervent (rabid) as actual fans

9 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Big ‘if’ there. Absolutely nothing to suggest it’s a dig, and no reason to suppose it is.

He may just have been stating a fact, or at least his opinion as a player. He’s played in all the grounds after all; I imagine you get a pretty good sense of which ones have a good atmosphere from out on the pitch.

And to be fair, he only plays in big games at Anfield, because he plays for Leicester, and we’re massive.

Yeah, I appreciate it's a huge 'if' but to me it's the only justifiable reason why he might have said it, otherwise I'm really struggling about what went through his head. You lose a Cup game in probably the most gutting way possible and the first thing you think to do is praise the opposition fans?

• Like 1