Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Guest ttfn

Credit where it’s due, he’s having a very good season. This has been the point in the season when his form has petered out in 2 of his 3 seasons here but he seems to still be going strong. Lovely finish today.

Just now, Tuna said:

Keeps this form up for the rest of the year and he'll be on the plane to Qatar.

Agreed. Firing on all cylinders now. Somebody will flash the cash. Knew he was what we needed when he came on the field.

It's all about the goals and assists for a player like Maddison, but doing it in a winning team will make all the difference. If we win a few games and suddenly he's on 15 goals and nearly 10 assists then it's going to be hard to ignore him for the world cup.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

It's all about the goals and assists for a player like Maddison, but doing it in a winning team will make all the difference. If we win a few games and suddenly he's on 15 goals and nearly 10 assists then it's going to be hard to ignore him for the world cup.

I just don't think he's got much chance of making the England team for a tournament.

I bet the likes of Gallagher and some Man city reserve are ahead of him.

He didn't fit Southgates profile

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I just don't think he's got much chance of making the England team for a tournament.

I bet the likes of Gallagher and some Man city reserve are ahead of him.

He didn't fit Southgates profile

His game is slowly changing he's quite aggressive now in the way he plays. He'll get this months friendlies IMO.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His game is slowly changing he's quite aggressive now in the way he plays. He'll get this months friendlies IMO.

Yeah, noticed how we aren't talking about him being lightweight at the moment.

If Southgate is serious about picking players on form Maddison should be in.

• Like 2

He is as good as anybody on his day, we all knew that. But, he has finally found some consistency - there is a strong case to suggest that he is in pole position for that number ten shirt for England currently. A real joy to watch at the minute.

4 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

He is as good as anybody on his day, we all knew that. But, he has finally found some consistency - there is a strong case to suggest that he is in pole position for that number ten shirt for England currently. A real joy to watch at the minute.

Totally agree. Streets ahead of grealish at the moment. Three crackers in two games. Must be knocking down Southgates doors. That sounds wrong!

8 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Totally agree. Streets ahead of grealish at the moment. Three crackers in two games. Must be knocking down Southgates doors. That sounds wrong!

Yeah far better than Grealish and Smith-Rowe right now (as much as I like both of them). I still think he is slightly behind Foden in terms of both quality and numbers.

But still, what an improvement. I had him written off to ever be back in contention for the England squad. As above, he just seems to have become more aggressive and added more to his game, fair play to him as that doesn’t come overnight.

I think we may lose a few players this summer, however, it’s pivotal we keep him. It’d hurt the most if we lost him, I’d actually consider building the team around him tbh.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yeah far better than Grealish and Smith-Rowe right now (as much as I like both of them). I still think he is slightly behind Foden in terms of both quality and numbers.

But still, what an improvement. I had him written off to ever be back in contention for the England squad. As above, he just seems to have become more aggressive and added more to his game, fair play to him as that doesn’t come overnight.

I think we may lose a few players this summer, however, it’s pivotal we keep him. It’d hurt the most if we lost him, I’d actually consider building the team around him tbh.

Mount and Foden are yet to actually play very well for England IMO. I know in Southgates eyes that's not the case but both were a waste of time in the Euros and before and after.

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I think if youri could get his arse in gear and we get fofana evans and Justin fit we would be flying. Maddison got to be in consideration now. He turns on a sixpence and his footwork is quicker than ever. 

16 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Mason Mount has been abysmal for almost 12 months ….. therefore Southgate will stick with him for at least another year 😞😞

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

Southgate will bring Junior Lewis out of retirement before picking Maddison in his squad.