Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mount and Foden are yet to actually play very well for England IMO. I know in Southgates eyes that's not the case but both were a waste of time in the Euros and before and after.

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Mason Mount has been abysmal for almost 12 months ….. therefore Southgate will stick with him for at least another year 😞😞

Oh, I agree with both here. Foden and Mount were quite underwhelming during the Euros. It is clear that Southgate has favourites though, just got to hope that Maddison continues his form and starts to ask some serious questions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

12 goals and 7 assists with a 3rd of the season left to go. Could be the first player since Mahrez to get double digits goals and assists for us, albeit across more competitions in a season.

7 and 6 just in the PL, only 3 more goals and 4 assists and he could do it in the PL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

Agreed. He’s been both statistically  and on the eye test like the best English attacking player for months now and playing a level above the rest of our squad and some people are still saying Tielemans should start ahead of him or Amartey should beat him to player of the season or something daft.

I don’t think people realise what a special player he is and that’s he’s having his best ever season for us.

I knew Maddison could win us the game, even having him as captain in my dream team couldn't stop him tonight.

Guest Col city fan

There are goals that only ‘certain players’ can score. Last night’s strike by Maddison was one of those goals.

Why?… because of talent…

Maddison when fully fit and on form is a very talented footballer. He’s been unfit for a long time and he’s had a strange season this term. 
But if he keeps coming back to full form he’ll be back in the international equation, no doubt

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Just for clarity....

Foden and Mount have the same number of goals in the league as him this season. Goals against Randers and Warsaw won't count for much in Southgates eyes but for me it's more how he's got his swagger back than his G/A. He's going past players again and moving much better.

Must start for us on Saturday.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He’s had well documented issues, and he seems to have come through it and the performances speak for themselves.

He’s very refreshing and honest in interviews and I think he’s a contender to be captain one day. 

I don’t think he’ll stay long enough personally.

2 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I was angry! Corners could still be better though…

What good is putting in a cracking corner if there is no one to head the ball? We've scored 3 goals from the head this year in the PL and Vardy has 2 of them. Ricardo the other. 

It doesn't matter who is taking the corners (Albrighton, KDH and Youri have taken their fair share) if there is no one to make it count. The real question is, why are our defenders so bad at finding space and heading the ball? 

11 minutes ago, Scotch said:

What good is putting in a cracking corner if there is no one to head the ball? We've scored 3 goals from the head this year in the PL and Vardy has 2 of them. Ricardo the other. 

It doesn't matter who is taking the corners (Albrighton, KDH and Youri have taken their fair share) if there is no one to make it count. The real question is, why are our defenders so bad at finding space and heading the ball? 

In both boxes that is...

• Like 1