Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

His numbers are mad given he didn't get a single goal or assist until Brentford away in mid October.

Seriously shown his class this season.

I’ve mentioned this a couple of times but last season before he got injured at Villa December - March was his best spell for us. And the season before…. 

Just now, Bert said:

I’ve mentioned this a couple of times but last season before he got injured at Villa December - March was his best spell for us. And the season before…. 

Someone very cynically pointed out once that he loses form as soon as England games come about lol seems to time it perfectly to never get a game.

I was heavily critical of him this season, to be honest I don't take it back because his form was terrible. He's extremely streaky but he's clearly a massive talent. I think more are cottoning onto Mount being a bit overrated as well.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Someone very cynically pointed out once that he loses form as soon as England games come about lol seems to time it perfectly to never get a game.

I was heavily critical of him this season, to be honest I don't take it back because his form was terrible. He's extremely streaky but he's clearly a massive talent. I think more are cottoning onto Mount being a bit overrated as well.

If Mount played for us and Maddison played for Chelsea, Maddison would be in the England squad. Mount has been honking this season. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

I have a feeling he will be like Matt Le Tissier was in England eyes , in his day :englandsmile4wf:

good comparison . when you watch clips of le tissier's goals and sublime skill you wonder why he wasn't an England regular, then again include Weller and Worthington in that too. unfashionable clubs syndrome maybe.

I reckon this last few months Shows of Good to Top form, Shows again fans Lack of understanding, what various Times it needs to to recover,to  find form when your form, movement und individual strengths are compromised,even when players still put on postive mental fronts...

I Dont doubt players, if they first struggle on return, we have seen this over many seasons with other clubs Top players like...Kane,Rooney,Owen,Lampard Rashford..

All after not once but a few times after 2-3 returns...Injuries & circumstance have changed over these last 20 odd years...

From our own squad from Drinkwater,King,Morgan, now Ndidi, Evans,Ricardo, Soyuncu,Amartey ,Barnes ,Maddison...the  old injection therapie just dont

cut it anymore...Plus it also compromise any managers,

ideas of mixing, changing, experimenting other individual players positional, duties or tactical possibilities...

One of the biggest load of negative crap used on this forum...incorrectly trying to back up negative opinions.!

ALL managers Naturally tinker ,Mix & Match to developed,utilise their squad, & individual players...especially to

try and strengthen the Skill set within their present squads...This has been happening since Mat Gillies days...

• Like 1

On 02/03/2022 at 12:00, South Shire Fox said:

Dont get why people are so obsessed with him being in the England squad. I’d rather he was resting up during the international break and sharp for us as appose to bench warming for England or getting injured from the extra minutes. 

Not to mention its a tapping up playground.  Wanting our players to be in the England squad is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 04/03/2022 at 02:55, Chrysalis said:

Not to mention its a tapping up playground.  Wanting our players to be in the England squad is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

True. It's not even a forum of excellence when the likes of Mings, Dier, Mount etc are elevated to the ranks 

On 04/03/2022 at 02:55, Chrysalis said:

Almost every player from this club who has been picked for England has either a massive downturn in form or exits the club double quick or both. The perfect example Danny Drinkwater.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

This guy is made of paper 

Hasn't he played every game this season before today?

He has a couple of annoying niggles, but I don't think he's missed many games at all in the 4 years he's been here.

He's hardly Matty James.

25 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

its them fancy dan backpacks, all silk lined man pockets and no lumber support.

Apparently, on top of this, Rodgers injured him deliberately. Partly because Rodgers found the back pack objectionable. Partly just because Rodgers likes having injured players.