Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, phoneticerror said:

What is the deal with Madders? I was at the match so no commentary as to why he wasn’t even on the bench.

Rodgers said he had a lower back issue. Was a maybe for today, if not Thursday. So hopefully learning from our lessons and not risking him if he’s only 50%. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quality today. Controlled the game and seemed in the mood to play right from the start. Class free kick. Identical to the one against Bournemouth? 

He's my player of the season. 

It says a lot that at times during the season the only bad thing they could pin on him is the fashion sense off the pitch. Which isn't really anything we should care about anyway! 

• Like 3

Never been fully convinced before because I felt he went missing when we needed him but this season he's stepped up, not hidden and consistently contributed. Not just the goal today but the movement and the ability to ping the ball around.

Playing with authority.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Never been fully convinced before because I felt he went missing when we needed him but this season he's stepped up, not hidden and consistently contributed. Not just the goal today but the movement and the ability to ping the ball around.

Playing with authority.

Definitely gone up a gear this season and deservedly in the conversation for our player of the year. And I’ll hold my hands up and say I never would have seen that coming 4 months ago.

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I don’t know if it was intentional or not but he was circling a lot around the Brentford fans at full-time lol

It probably was, they audibly booed his name when it was read out.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's 4 goals from outside the box in the last month alone. Extraordinary.

Anyone else noticed how rude he is about Brentford as well? Remember him doing it earlier in the season too 😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I don’t know if it was intentional or not but he was circling a lot around the Brentford fans at full-time lol

Brentford hate him as he trolled them when he played for Norwich 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone else noticed how rude he is about Brentford as well? Remember him doing it earlier in the season too 😂😂😂😂

Sly digs in the post match interview lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The match thread on their forum is great, they really hate him lol

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Definitely gone up a gear this season and deservedly in the conversation for our player of the year. And I’ll hold my hands up and say I never would have seen that coming 4 months ago.

4 months ago he was a passenger and had most of us fearing he was finished. The difference from then to now is night and day. 

He is $hit.  Lucky shots from a lady backpack wearing poor mans version of david beckham.

Nobody wants his trash on their squad. They wont be fooled like how we fooled united.. He deserves lowly Leicester and nobody else.

...Nothing to see here big clubs, move along he isnt worth your time...

Dont go!

• Haha 3

I have given Maddison a lot of stick before a year ago. Since Rodgers finally made Maddison droppable last season after fans started to really criticise him (and Rodgers) last season when he keeps getting in the side even though he was not performing well, he has come back much stronger. Well done. I was never personally against the player - but he had to be dropped when he was not performing and Rodgers was not doing that - that kick up the backside worked wonders. He has gotten rid of his unnecessary show-ponyship and learnt how to move the ball quicker up the pitch. His long passing has become much better (though still much room to improve). He doesn’t take all corners and freekicks - which is actually better for him because he was getting a lot of stick and his corners were becoming atrocious while there were other good takers. The added humility and recognition that he is not the center of the team and his needing to pull his socks up for his teammates has helped him become a better player.

Well done and keep it up lad.

Edited by Tom12345

I have given Maddison a lot of stick before a year ago. Since Rodgers finally made Maddison droppable last season after fans started to really criticise him (and Rodgers) last season when he keeps getting in the side even though he was not performing well, he has come back much stronger. Well done. I was never personally against the player - but he had to be dropped when he was not performing and Rodgers was not doing that - that kick up the backside worked wonders. He has gotten rid of his unnecessary show-ponyship and learnt how to move the ball quicker up the pitch. His long passing has become much better (though still much room to improve). He doesn’t take all corners and freekicks - which is actually better for him because he was getting a lot of stick and his corners were becoming atrocious while there were other good takers. The added humility and recognition that he is not the center of the team and his needing to pull his socks up for his teammates has helped him become a better player.

Well done and keep it up lad.

Edited by Tom12345

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

He is $hit.  Lucky shots from a lady backpack wearing poor mans version of david beckham.

Nobody wants his trash on their squad. They wont be fooled like how we fooled united.. He deserves lowly Leicester and nobody else.

...Nothing to see here big clubs, move along he isnt worth your time...

Dont go!

The worst thing about this post it was a totally believable Foxestalk post until the end

• Haha 1