Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

He does it occasionally but what I'd like to see more of from Madders is taking taking games by the scruff of the neck when we're not playing well. That's what truly makes a great player imo. I see him more of a player who looks great when we're dominating games. Feel like he's capable of doing this consistently though

Edited by foxfanazer

13 hours ago, Corky said:

Never been fully convinced before because I felt he went missing when we needed him but this season he's stepped up, not hidden and consistently contributed. Not just the goal today but the movement and the ability to ping the ball around.

Playing with authority.

In short he's maturing.

Nothing like a new baby in your life to help you understand what responsibilities you have.

Credit to him for doing it.

He should only get better from here. 

I've said for a while that his best position is just behind the Strikers, probing and delivering deft little passes into space for others to run into. Coupled with winning and scoring free kicks like yesterday.

In that position he'll get us 10 to 15 Goals a season. + Assists 

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Up to 40 goals for us now. Since 14/15 only Vardy, Mahrez & Iheanacho have scored 40+

Currently 5th in our all-time top PL scorers too. Could easily be up to 2nd by the end of next season.

1. Vardy 128

2. Mahrez 39

=3. Izzet 33

=3. Heskey 33

5. Maddison 29

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

Currently 5th in our all-time top PL scorers too, having played less games than anyone else in that top 5. Could easily be up to 2nd by the end of next season.

1. Vardy 128

2. Mahrez 39

=3. Izzet 33

=3. Heskey 33

5. Maddison 29

Looking at his stats he's shifted from being a generalist attacking midfielder without fantastic numbers to a really consistent goalscorer whilst setting up fewer goals. 

Hard to say exactly why, I suppose it's a combination of Rodgers + Tielemans at the club over that period.

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Looking at his stats he's shifted from being a generalist attacking midfielder without fantastic numbers to a really consistent goalscorer whilst setting up fewer goals. 

Hard to say exactly why, I suppose it's a combination of Rodgers + Tielemans at the club over that period.

Maybe a case of coming in to prime years, he came as a 21 year old and has had time to develop he game, older, wise etc.

What impressed me is he still able to impact games from different positions not just playing as a 10. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KingsX said:

He even got his own thread this morning ... well, more or less it's a Maddison thread ...

1829226530_BeesMadderz.thumb.JPG.669840ca56b4a14f06c0d14579280d32.JPG

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/top-5-most-unlikeable-premier-league-players-21-22.136997/

Genuinely shocked to see that Kante has made it into someone's list. He could score the goal to relegate us and I think I'd still love him. 

• Like 2

Really think this guy could be an even better player than he is he does seem to run on confidence, when high he’s amazing when he lacks confidence he’s poor to say the least and does go down far too easily at time which can be frustrating with his talent he can become amazing but for his confidence issue and going down far too easily especially when you think if he kept in his feet he could open up the defence or crack in a goal or two!

I really rate Madders and wish like others that he could play at his best every game but if he runs on confidence maybe the crowd can do more to build up this, maybe the lyrical masters could come up with a chant for Madders as he’s one of a few that doesn’t have one sung about him they way he seemed to love having the chant of he’s won more than you sung about him puffed his chest out a bit more and pushed on well so maybe as fans we can do our bit to pick up his confidence? 

Saw this little piece comparing him to Beckham ?

https://www.teamtalk.com/leicester-city/james-maddison-real-madrid-radar-next-david-beckham

This time last year he looked as if he was going the same way as Dele Alli but his form since December has been sensational.

If he had carried on his early 2019/20 form he might have made the move to Man City instead of Grealish.

Its a shame that he's hit form when the league season has petered out but would do very nicely if he brings that to the ECL.

3 hours ago, syston_fox said:

Genuinely shocked to see that Kante has made it into someone's list. He could score the goal to relegate us and I think I'd still love him. 

32 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Had to read the whole thread. Bizarrely, Youri is picked by one of them!lol

Really!  Kante and Tielemans ... two of the least objectionable footballers on the planet?!  You folks will have to explain Brentford fans to me.

48 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Really!  Kante and Tielemans ... two of the least objectionable footballers on the planet?!  You folks will have to explain Brentford fans to me.

They seem to be confusing players who won a free kick against them with dickheads.  Probably comes from the short time they've been in the PL.

Love this comment .... lol

Oh god no. I don’t even know a single Leicester fan who would have a beer with him. An absolute ***** even off the pitch who think he’s the second coming and pretty regularly gets punched out in local establishments for his trouble. Started taking security everywhere with him after he got flattened a few months ago, but apparently happened again a couple weeks ago (sorry, no articles to link or anything, just stories from LC fans and Leicester police I know).

Edited by rico
  • Haha 4