Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Love this comment .... lol

Oh god no. I don’t even know a single Leicester fan who would have a beer with him. An absolute ***** even off the pitch who think he’s the second coming and pretty regularly gets punched out in local establishments for his trouble. Started taking security everywhere with him after he got flattened a few months ago, but apparently happened again a couple weeks ago (sorry, no articles to link or anything, just stories from LC fans and Leicester police I know).

lol

Edited by goose2010

Since Brentford come up I have thought their fans are weird.

Not even gonna comment on their moaning manager.

Always wanted them to come up so I could do Brentford away, but now I've done both grounds I want to see them go down... A switch with Fulham  :thumbup:

Was there something Maddison did during the game on Sunday to warrant the hate from Brentford?

Thought it was a bit weird that they started singing about him and England etc. Feel like I missed something he did.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Was there something Maddison did during the game on Sunday to warrant the hate from Brentford?

Thought it was a bit weird that they started singing about him and England etc. Feel like I missed something he did.

I think it goes back to his time at Norwich.

Is good to see him playing well from a wide starting position and getting into those pockets of space. We have tried him off the left or right earlier in his career and it was a bit of a disaster, so is pleasing to see that development in his game.

The likes of Grealish, Mount, Foden and Sterling all play off the left or right or as a false 9 to allow the team shape to be solid and we are no different. Having a creative Maddison off the left or right with a solid 3 in the middle, I really like that balance it gives. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Supposedly dived for the free kick he scored from

Also rattled them massively when we beat them at their place

Then also some stuff from his time at Norwich

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Supposedly dived for the free kick he scored from

Also rattled them massively when we beat them at their place

Then also some stuff from his time at Norwich

Was that a dive? Happened quite close to where I sit and it looked like a fairly cut and dry freekick.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Was that a dive? Happened quite close to where I sit and it looked like a fairly cut and dry freekick.

Classic encouragement of a foul by using his body to step across and invite the inevitable impact. If that's a dive then so are so many bog standard challenges.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Classic encouragement of a foul by using his body to step across and invite the inevitable impact. If that's a dive then so are so many bog standard challenges.

That’s always a feee kick o/s the box but would never be given as a pen by var …… looks similar to vards v West Ham in 2016 …..madders does throw his backside into their player …..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's no better finisher from distance in the league. JWP might be better overall at free kicks but open play, Maddison's ability from outside the box off either foot is exceptional. 

Kevin DeBruyne is better, but not by much. 

Maddison is proving himself to be reliable this season and developing into a very good player. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

His home photo shoot the other day in the cars was back to dickhead mode. Just doesn’t need to do it.

Agreed.

He comes across as a spoilt lad in such images; which is a shame, as he genuinely wishes to support young children in need.

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Kevin DeBruyne is better, but not by much. 

Maddison is proving himself to be reliable this season and developing into a very good player. 

Yeah fair one, KDB has been a beast over the years. Whether Maddison takes more long range shots than KDB in the last year or two I don't know but he's certainly scored the most. He's scored 4 from outside the box in the last month alone.

No wonder we are the stuff of nightmare for xG bum sniffers.

• Haha 2

A really good player that is getting back to his best.

But let's be honest, if he played against us,our fans would dislike him.

He goes down far to easy and like Sundays free kick, initiates the contact to win the decision. 

If when Fernandes does it for Utd ,most of us would call him a naughty word.😆

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2022 at 02:06, Tom12345 said:

I have given Maddison a lot of stick before a year ago. Since Rodgers finally made Maddison droppable last season after fans started to really criticise him (and Rodgers) last season when he keeps getting in the side even though he was not performing well, he has come back much stronger. Well done. I was never personally against the player - but he had to be dropped when he was not performing and Rodgers was not doing that - that kick up the backside worked wonders. He has gotten rid of his unnecessary show-ponyship and learnt how to move the ball quicker up the pitch. His long passing has become much better (though still much room to improve). He doesn’t take all corners and freekicks - which is actually better for him because he was getting a lot of stick and his corners were becoming atrocious while there were other good takers. The added humility and recognition that he is not the center of the team and his needing to pull his socks up for his teammates has helped him become a better player.

Well done and keep it up lad.

...say that again!!!