Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s a more mobile version of Beckham I think. There’s definitely a place for him if he carries on like this. I wonder if Gareth overlooks him because of this persona he has off the pitch?

Maddison is very intelligent you can see that when he talks, okay he is someone that enjoys his fortune and fame no problem there… he is delivering the goods now… he can order as many transparent expensive handbags as he wants… I won’t knock him when he gives the goods. 

• Like 4

Guest ttfn
15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s a more mobile version of Beckham I think. There’s definitely a place for him if he carries on like this. I wonder if Gareth overlooks him because of this persona he has off the pitch?

Beckham was one of the best English players of the last 30 years, he won a Champions League and about 8 league titles in 2 countries before we went into semi-retirement at about 30. He was also a very mobile footballer, far more so than Maddison.

Maddison is having a very good few months (and at this point you’d have to say on balance a very good season) but comparing him to Beckham does him no favours.

Edited by ttfn

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Ffs Beckham was one of the best English players of the last 30 years, he won a Champions League and about 8 league titles in 2 countries before we went into semi-retirement at about 30. He was also a very mobile footballer, far more so than Maddison.

Maddison is having a very good few months (and at this point you’d have to say on balance a very good season) but comparing him to Beckham does him no favours.

Screenshot_20220402-214040_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fa54cd1d5f2e9b3596030cac152ba090.jpgScreenshot_20220402-214056_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7c04b401c31d6c0cd55b703ed8678db6.jpg

Assuming Madison retires at 30 and continues to get 10 goals and assists per season he overtakes Beckham on both stats, playing for Leicester and not dominant Man Utd.

Fingers crossed he continues in his current vein of not being as good as Beckham was.

Guest ttfn
3 minutes ago, kenny said:

Screenshot_20220402-214040_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fa54cd1d5f2e9b3596030cac152ba090.jpgScreenshot_20220402-214056_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7c04b401c31d6c0cd55b703ed8678db6.jpg

Assuming Madison retires at 30 and continues to get 10 goals and assists per season he overtakes Beckham on both stats, playing for Leicester and not dominant Man Utd.

Fingers crossed he continues in his current vein of not being as good as Beckham was.

Yes, if James Maddison does something he has never done before every year until he’s 30 he will surpass (actually he’ll fall short of) David Beckham’s record in the PL. Their records are nowhere near comparable, and I can’t believe that Maddison himself would welcome the comparison.

Just now, ttfn said:

Yes, if James Maddison does something he has never done before every year until he’s 30 he will surpass (actually he’ll fall short of) David Beckham’s record in the PL. Their records are nowhere near comparable, and I can’t believe that Maddison himself would welcome the comparison.

Its not one I would make myself.

If he stays injury free, he has every chance of getting more goals and assists than Beckham without all the obvious advantages of playing for a dominant Man Utd side.

Hopefully he continues to underwhelm the way he has this year as he is a very underrated player.

Guest ttfn
Just now, kenny said:

Its not one I would make myself.

If he stays injury free, he has every chance of getting more goals and assists than Beckham without all the obvious advantages of playing for a dominant Man Utd side.

Hopefully he continues to underwhelm the way he has this year as he is a very underrated player.

If Maddison ends his career with more Premier League goals and assists than Beckham I’d be staggered, let alone getting there by the time he’s 30 as you suggested he might.

He is nowhere near Beckham’s class, if he was he wouldn’t be playing for us. He’s having a really good season, was excellent in the second half today (the cross for our goal was magnificent) and should have been in the last England squad.

The player the other poster compared him to was one of the best players in the world at the same age, there really is no comparison.

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

If Maddison ends his career with more Premier League goals and assists than Beckham I’d be staggered, let alone getting there by the time he’s 30 as you suggested he might.

He is nowhere near Beckham’s class, if he was he wouldn’t be playing for us. He’s having a really good season, was excellent in the second half today (the cross for our goal was magnificent) and should have been in the last England squad.

The player the other poster compared him to was one of the best players in the world at the same age, there really is no comparison.

Fingers crossed he carries on doing what he does then.

Should get 10 + 10 easily enough this year injury aside and he looks more robust and more mature than previous years.

All being well we can revel in him being not as good as Beckham but doing the business anyway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, He aint bald said:

Now that Ndidi is out for the season, not just a few games, there might be a more permenant revamp of midfield roles, especially in Europe?

Madders might be moving between wide and central starts.

Either way, I think he is going to be a shiny work horse and walk right into that England squad on the back of it

England apparently had 30 players unavailable for the last internationals and Madison didn't get a sniff.  Grealish, mount, sterling, would all have to be injured for him to by considered.

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

England apparently had 30 players unavailable for the last internationals and Madison didn't get a sniff.  Grealish, mount, sterling, would all have to be injured for him to by considered.

Gallagher would be next.

Wouldn't be surprised if even gray is above him in the order. The current journalists are so convinced by Southgate that he doesn't get a mention anymore when it comes to selection.

He really needs to find a Welsh nan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kenny said:

Gallagher would be next.

Wouldn't be surprised if even gray is above him in the order. The current journalists are so convinced by Southgate that he doesn't get a mention anymore when it comes to selection.

He really needs to find a Welsh nan.

I believe Maddison played for Englnad in a competitive game.

Before that, he would have qualified for Ireland.

Before he was capped, him and Grealish both qualified for Ireland.  Had the two of them chosen Ireland, Ireland would have been qualifying for Euros and World Cups.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, majaco said:

I believe Maddison played for Englnad in a competitive game.

Before that, he would have qualified for Ireland.

Before he was capped, him and Grealish both qualified for Ireland.  Had the two of them chosen Ireland, Ireland would have been qualifying for Euros and World Cups.

Correct on all fronts. Southgate has done a proper Ghana on him.

I'm not sure Southgate can be slated too much given he's taken us to a world Cup semi and euros final in the last 3 years but his constant over looking of Maddison is very odd. However, given Maddisons injury issues over the past 12 months and his really good form recently, I'm quite glad he wasn't called up for 2 meaningless friendlies and could stay at home and keep fresh for our up coming games. Whilst it's good to have international players, I'm club over country every day of the week and would forfeit England ever winning another trophy if it meant leicester winning trophies. I understand the 2 are not linked in anyway but my point being leicester is far more important to me than England  

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Hes really starting to make this wide right position his own. Love the way he floats about on the pitch, he's really goy the freedom to make us tick.

Personally if we can only keep one of Maddison or Tielemans, then I keep Maddison. He is creative in a way Tielemans is not, and has an ability to change a game, scare the opposition, and annoy everyone ! And that is not to underrate Tielemans but you can find more players like Tielemans with greater ease than you can find a Maddison type player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kent-Fox said:

Foden grelish mount 

Bellingham they r all above him in the pecking order 

Foden and grealish are better playing out wide. Maddison is better than both playing central in the 10 position. 

Mount isn't as good. Just look at the stats this season.

Bellingham plays deeper

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Foden and grealish are better playing out wide. Maddison is better than both playing central in the 10 position. 

Bellingham plays deeper

I’d say Maddison is doin better than Grealish even in a position which isn’t even his best position.

Grealish will continue to be selected for no reason other than he shows up and does nothing for a team at the top of the league.

£100m flop so far!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Bellingham plays deeper

Does Southgate play with a No 10(i rarely watch England now!)? Even if its not his preferred formation Madders would be a great bench option to come up when struggling to breakdown teams who sit deep. Rice, Phillips/Henderson and Mount is the most conservative boring midfield i could think of as an England midfield 3

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes really starting to make this wide right position his own. Love the way he floats about on the pitch, he's really goy the freedom to make us tick.

He interacts really well with Iheanacho on the right, in the centre and even occasionally on the left. They are reading each other really well now. It must be a nightmare trying to control them. KDH and Barnes are also getting a good understanding . This part of our game is looking really promising. How do Vardy and Daka fit into that? That could be tricky.

2 hours ago, Kent-Fox said:

Foden grelish mount 

Bellingham they r all above him in the pecking order 

Grealish may be higher in the order but he shouldn't be based on the quality of output this season. He's been bang average for Manchester City. 

• Like 1