Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

On 15/04/2022 at 00:59, Parafox said:

Eloquent and honest. He just loves playing football, no matter who for. He'd say similar if it were Mansfield Town or Manchester United. Don't think it'll be us for much longer, sad to say.

As an aside, YouTube is shit. Buffering to the max.

I can see him staying,more so if he at least gets a nod from Southgate.

I have always liked the lad.. found him honest up front on quirks..

media and dozos , some on FT try to use their dark opinions to judge others

• Like 1

Seeing Maddison forced to hug the right touchline when we know how creative and dangerous he is through the middle is actually quite depressing - almost as if he is being punished somehow.

Against Roma on Thursday he has to play in his proper position. Preferably with Vardy and Iheanacho as a twin spearhead in front of him. Our season is on the line. We have to be brave and attack Roma from the start. Maddison being used where he plays his best football is imperative if we are to have a chance of reaching the final.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Or, we should just play him in his strongest position.

You know, like we did earlier in the season when he was scoring and assisting for fun?

I'm all for dropping Tielemans and doing that but Rodgers won't

• Like 2

Just now, Jimmy said:

I'm all for dropping Tielemans and doing that but Rodgers won't

On recent form, 100%

Or rotating KDH, Maddison and Youri.

At least he'll be central against Roma, with Youri dropping deep, purely by default as we don't have a recognised CDM available in Europe.

Felt like he wasn't himself today. Overthinking and back to his old ways of holding onto the ball for too long. Several occasions in the 2nd half where he can release it quicker or put it into the box. 

Hope we have a top performer back next week. Will need him. 

Only error tonight was holding on to the one he should have squared to Barnes for a great chance to go 2-1 up, but holding on to it he then slipped as he hit yet another shot with his left foot.

Some wild shots elsewhere but those he had every right to take on as he's so dangerous from there.

Was so pleasing to see him back involved more. Huge game for him next week, he'll be primed.

1 tame shot on target out of about 11 attempts and an unbelievable decision to shoot instead of squaring to Barnes. Tidy on the ball (but you know, this is a bare minimum expecation of a player of his talent), but not a good game from James tonight. I like that he's willing to have a pop, but to miss to badly and so often, you've got to be marked down for it. Another night he'd have his eye in early and probably have a couple of goals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Playing with confidence today, shame he didn't square it to Barnes but when you've scored the goals he has,he's earned the right to go for goal. 

i think you can argue he has the right definitely, but i think a truly quality player there spots barnes, squares it and sets the team into the second leg 2-1 up. 

im a fan and think he had a good game, but you've got to be making the right decision there.