Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Tbf Mount has got pretty fantastic numbers this season too.

It’s Smith-Rowe and Grealish who are ludicrously getting picked ahead of him, not Mount. 

ESR especially has been warming Arsenal’s bench and done nothing since about October but still got in the last England squad ahead of Maddison.

And Conor Gallagher in the last squad

The price of our players being successful and having been here 4+ years is the wages you need to keep offering them to sign longer deals and protect our assets.

We have to lower our wage bill considerably if we want to compete in Europe and yet how on earth do we do that with so many of our players with only 1-2 years left on their deals.

We need to invest so much more in to our recruitment model again and the conveyor belt of academy players to maximise our funds to fight on all fronts of bringing young players through, buying players and progressing them and carefully cashing in on the odd one each season to reinvest.

Whatever the requirement he ought to be offered a new £150k a week 5 year deal and let's build the team around him. I honestly think he could be one who if you offered him the captains armband he'd raise his game even more. 

• Like 4

P.O.S.     He was struggling with an awkward long Time inury..questioned himself on his own form..

Stands & gives excellent interviews..

Gives 100% even when not quite on it...I

Poor understanding from some fans on...Non indiscretions that Never was.

1 question mark, was his Covid Meeting with teammate(s),  gets cancelled out because of  Govt "Honourary-members"  actions

Backback-gate...laughable nonsense,some fans should get a life...

Good proffesional...the hip/back injury set him back,but didnt sell or present himself cheaply..

Sponsored, & supported Children with various difficulties, before he became Really known..

Still openly Followed  Intensily & committed to his club Leicester, even when struggling away from 1St Team duties...

He usually as played well,even when we have been poor or average..

I Hope he stays a very long time, and becomes a Great Servant to the club...

A young man who Enjoys his football, I have nothing to say against/negative of him.

Nick-picking if you do..

That our own fans Painfully search for negatives  & cynically  Cherry Pick those mistakes from our own players, says more about their own anonymous lives...

Though some will demand their right to an opinion...permanently dissing or demeaning players aint an opinion but a krankheit...

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

P.O.S.     He was struggling with an awkward long Time inury..questioned himself on his own form..

Stands & gives excellent interviews..

Gives 100% even when not quite on it...I

Poor understanding from some fans on...Non indiscretions that Never was.

1 question mark, was his Covid Meeting with teammate(s),  gets cancelled out because of  Govt "Honourary-members"  actions

Backback-gate...laughable nonsense,some fans should get a life...

Good proffesional...the hip/back injury set him back,but didnt sell or present himself cheaply..

Sponsored, & supported Children with various difficulties, before he became Really known..

Still openly Followed  Intensily & committed to his club Leicester, even when struggling away from 1St Team duties...

He usually as played well,even when we have been poor or average..

I Hope he stays a very long time, and becomes a Great Servant to the club...

A young man who Enjoys his football, I have nothing to say against/negative of him.

Nick-picking if you do..

That our own fans Painfully search for negatives  & cynically  Cherry Pick those mistakes from our own players, says more about their own anonymous lives...

Though some will demand their right to an opinion...permanently dissing or demeaning players aint an opinion but a krankheit...

i’m guessing P.O.S doesn’t stand for what i think it does 😂

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

With some players getting on and maybe not being involved as much, I think we build the squad around Maddison now. Had a fantastic season and seems to be improving season on season.

He's also been far more determined and gritty than we've seen him before. Doesn't always come off as seen in Rome but certainly tries. 

• Like 2

We play our best football when he is up the pitch but we need the confidence from out defenders and central midifelders to consistently play 20 yards further forward to keep him up there. His finishing and balls from the number 10 position are way above the level of Grealish, Mount anf Foden. It's not even close for me.

• Like 2

Best thing about Maddison for me is that move he often does that is half a first touch and half a turn towards goal. His ability to turn on the ball in tight spaces is amongst the best I’ve ever seen in a Leicester shirt along with Mahrez.

It’s especially refreshing in comparison to players like Tielemans and Mendy who 9 times out 10 have a first thought of passing it backwards or sidewards when in those same situations.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So is it OK for him to model for BooHoo and be a little bit flashy now he is on top form again?

There should be some on here eating big slices of humble pie with the vitriolic bollocks they wrote about him.  Our best player by quite a distance at the moment.

Literally yes. That was the whole point many made about BooHoo etc. 

Do it when you’re performing.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Literally yes. That was the whole point many made about BooHoo etc. 

Do it when you’re performing.

No it wasn’t, it was about the connotations regarding the Boohoo sweatshops in Leicester, that were rightly or wrongly suggested as a contribution towards our city having an extended lockdown.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, westernpark said:

No it wasn’t, it was about the connotations regarding the Boohoo sweatshops in Leicester, that were rightly or wrongly suggested as a contribution towards our city having an extended lockdown.

That was a factor but there has been a long standing request from our fans that he doesn’t do shit like posting his Ferrari during a pandemic when we’ve bottled top four twice in a row. 

There were many points made about his judgement on these things. Now he’s posting things about his kid and toned it down and hey, look at that, he’s having his best season yet…

Guest Chocolate Teapot
29 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The fact he has a recurring hip problem could be why the club are willing to listen to offers 

Where is it reported we're listening to offers?

21 hours ago, TK95 said:

Numbers don't lie this season. Wonder what excuse Southgate will pull out the bag to keep him out 

He doesn't fit the system and the system has worked, if he's going to fit in England it would be out wide which we've never seen the best of him from that position. So it's pretty lose lose, he either picks him and we complain about him being out of position or he doesn't pick him at all and picks the best players that suit the system 

41 minutes ago, KFS said:

That was a factor but there has been a long standing request from our fans that he doesn’t do shit like posting his Ferrari during a pandemic when we’ve bottled top four twice in a row. 

There were many points made about his judgement on these things. Now he’s posting things about his kid and toned it down and hey, look at that, he’s having his best season yet…

I mean I suppose that is a factor for some, but if it overrides the one mentioned that is central to Leicester, than it is a sad state of affairs. Every footballer in the top two divisions would fall into that bracket. Except for St. Mark Noble apparently.

He has been outstanding this season and he has shown a passion and desire for the club on the pitch, that would not normally be associated with his style of play.