Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

45 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Can't afford to sell Maddison and Tielemans this summer to leave us with KDH.

As good as he's been, 3 goals and 2 assists is a poor return and he needs to show he can deliver goals before we can look to sell the 39 g+a of Maddison and Tielemans in the same window.

Maddison is a must-keep and someone we have to build the team around.

Only way I'd want to see us let them both go is if we sign multiple creative, dangerous wide players AND start letting the full backs back off the leash. 

If we do a Liverpool and fill the middle of the park with industry and stamina who can cover while the width does the creative work then fine. 

Given that would seem like an unlikely change of direction from Rodgers tactically, I'm definitely in the Madders Must Stay camp. 

• Like 2

Shown a massive improvement in attitude on the pitch. The ability has always been there but for me he seems to have matured and really upped his effort levels. He looks more determined than I've ever seen. Next season will be massive for him if he can bring that fire and determination into the start of next season, there's every chance he'll be on the plane to Qatar. Incredibly likeable lad 90% of the time, although seems a bit of annoying pr*ck when he's mixing with his footie mates, but then again who isn't at that age :D 

This idea of building a team around one player is stupid though and needs nipping in the bud. We won't move forwards if we think that way, we need to be prepared to lose any player during any window. We should be looking to have a conveyor belt of talent coming through the club. Buy low, imrpove, sell high. Imaging "building a team" around one player and then they get a bad injury or get sold in the next window.

Nice work though Madders, keep it up lad and you'll be playing regular Champions league footie with or without us.

14 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Not convinced. Just not sure where he’d go. 

Utd have Fernandes, Arsenal have ESR and Odegaard, spurs don’t play with a 10, Chelsea have Mount and not convinced he’s quite good enough for the top 2. 

Chelsea are a possibility if they bin off Pulisic. Man U will probably have to make some marquee signings just to appease their fanbase regardless of fit or need. Then there is the wildcard that is Newcastle, who'll be chucking around fortunes both in transfer fees and wages.

14 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If you look from about page 110 of this thread (September last year) he was out of form, being booed by his own team's supporters and quite a few wanted to get rid.

Now he's player of the season.

With hindsight, it looks like he struggled to get over his injury issues, then regained fitness, confidence and form. 

There's maybe a lesson in patience here regarding some of our other players who we know can be brilliant but have struggled to overcome injuries.

I have to say I was one of them! I was patient to begin with, but honestly he really looked like his time here had come to an end, such was his struggle. He was being kept on the pitch, offering nothing and his lack of work rate often resulting in throwing points away. But Rodgers knew how good he can be and stuck with him.

On his day Tielemans is world class, but our of Maddison and Tielemans, I would say that overall Maddison has been the better player, mainly because Youri's last season for us has been so poor. 

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I have to say I was one of them! I was patient to begin with, but honestly he really looked like his time here had come to an end, such was his struggle. He was being kept on the pitch, offering nothing and his lack of work rate often resulting in throwing points away.

Me, too.  I posted a vid from him taking the knee against Brighton and it looked like he was struggling to do that, let alone play.

It seems that Brendan likes to play his players back into form, if he can get away with doing so, rather than taking them out of the firing line as a first option.

22 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Chelsea are a possibility if they bin off Pulisic. Man U will probably have to make some marquee signings just to appease their fanbase regardless of fit or need. Then there is the wildcard that is Newcastle, who'll be chucking around fortunes both in transfer fees and wages.

Pulisic is a traditional quick winger though, more likely to want Barnes as a replacement for him than Maddison, and tbf Mount has also had a great season after early season criticism. 

That’s also of course matched with the fact that Chelsea can’t sign anyone now because of their sanctions and no one knows realistically what kind of budget they’ll have if any right now.

Edited by Sampson

I think a lot of our so called fans on this forum should be eating humble pie today. The amount of disgusting things that were said about both Maddison and Vardy at the beginning of the season beggar belief. Its probably those same fans that are now aiming their bile at Youri.  

5 minutes ago, Weller 7 said:

I think a lot of our so called fans on this forum should be eating humble pie today. The amount of disgusting things that were said about both Maddison and Vardy at the beginning of the season beggar belief. Its probably those same fans that are now aiming their bile at Youri.  

Criticism is not necessarily aiming bile, I have been a regular critic of Youri from early in the season as he has been average at very best with an odd exception.As said previously I would be delighted if we got £40m for him.

I genuinely don’t want him here next season.

With all the injuries the team has suffered this season, imagine if Madders hadn't overcome his long-term hip injury. What a player he's been since he's been back fit again. I hope he signs a new long-term contract here. I suspect the calibre of signings we make this summer may have an influence on that

• Like 1

Deffo have been guilty of slating Maddison but he has shown a massive maturity in his game this season and has been doing some tidy pressing off the ball.

G’warn #Laddison, still not getting any of your Boohoo Man garms though lad x

• Haha 1