Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Kane and Grealish are more Irish than Maddison in fact. Grealish, I believe, has represented Ireland.

Yep wasn’t my suggestion. Everyone over thinks they have done by us. Especially over grealish. My Irish mates never let that one go. He played GAA too. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I bet your mate would love him if he went to Newcastle 

He did mention him diving once against them to which I pointed out I'm always saying I like Shearer as a pundit and he volleyed Neil Lennons head!

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Or you could also argue this is Gallagher's reward for committing to England when he also qualified for Scotland and RoI. Who knows what promises have been made but it might be an explanation. 

Could well be a possibility, but I think the fact remains both deserve and opportunity and there's not a lot in it. If maddison wasnt a Leicester player and played for like west ham I dont think any of us would be mentioning it as the awful injustice made out in this thread 

Yes it's a benefit for us for him to get some rest. But I'm gutted for the lad in that he genuinely deserved a call-up more than anyone in that squad.

It's clear Southgate has his own agenda as there are simply no footballing reasons to leave him out. Disgraceful but not unexpected sadly 

Edited by TK95
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Could well be a possibility, but I think the fact remains both deserve and opportunity and there's not a lot in it. If maddison wasnt a Leicester player and played for like west ham I dont think any of us would be mentioning it as the awful injustice made out in this thread 

17 goals and 11 assists in a season are insanely good figures for a midfielder. That's Mahrez 2015/16 numbers. His omission is a total injustice and listening to the radio this afternoon many pundits share this view. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

No, you're right but you can be sure that it would be mentioned as an awful injustice on the West Ham forums. 

• Like 2

When it comes down to selecting and comparing players in the same position, Southgate will always favour the player from the bigger club.

If Maddison was playing for even Man Utd, he would be picked and I hope that doesn't drive him to seek a transfer....

For whatever reason Maddison is clearly not trusted by Southgate, he must of p****d him off big time.  For me JWP is not better than Maddison, but he still gets picked, even if he's playing for a poor side, so it can't be the top six conspiracy. 

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

For whatever reason Maddison is clearly not trusted by Southgate, he must of p****d him off big time.  For me JWP is not better than Maddison, but he still gets picked, even if he's playing for a poor side, so it can't be the top six conspiracy. 

JWP set piece delivery is way better than Maddison. Madison in open play is way better than JWP.  But JWP is a more defensive option and we know that’s what rocks  Southgate’s boat. 

Every time every selection every England manager...

Will have those fans who just can't and won't accept...The manager is Mr xxxx,

who doesn't see it their way so he's automatically Beezlebub, & Satan incarnate...

Every PL club fan will ask why not our very own...

The manager makes his own bed...

Players will just miss out on some a seemingly benign reason..

Maddison IMO had earnt that call up,

Southgate like managers before him,doesn't see the easy slip-ins like the bias fans do..

They the managers  also don't understand that need to show some type of motivation to those statistically

better turn- out season's players...

Southgate did say he would pick on form, more than individual or club reputation..Though that can come from a full year or so perspectives...!

Bad guy approach..Maddisons own blackouts ( I still see none to mention)

are not so heavy as any 2-3 of the well known ones .Grealish,Maguire..etc

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Danny Mills saying Connor Gallagher is better than Maddison. How can he say that after this seasons respective stats. Just shows how clueless these paid pundits are. 

I've never heard the oh so dull Danny Murphy say anything good about City. 

Southgate, when asked about Justin, seemed to stress what a good egg he was, or words to that effect. Another dig at Maddison? Down the years there's been a history of England managers ignoring the more "individual" types. Robson was even hesitant about Gascoigne early on.