Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Danny Mills saying Connor Gallagher is better than Maddison. How can he say that after this seasons respective stats. Just shows how clueless these paid pundits are. 

Danny Mills makes a living of making stupid ludicrous statements that he doesn't actually believe. Waste of oxygen. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I like Conor Gallagher a lot but wtf has he done to get in over Maddison? If he was a Palace player and not on loan from Chelsea he wouldn’t be close. 

Well he's been playing cm all season and Maddison AM and RW.

If youre gonna dig out a cm then surely its JWP anyway lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Danny Mills saying Connor Gallagher is better than Maddison. How can he say that after this seasons respective stats. Just shows how clueless these paid pundits are. 

Danny Mills is a Jon Moss of punditry.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Once you are in Southgate’s little Woke Rule Broken book you are done.  I dislike Southgate because he has failed twice when close to success because he picks his favourites over form. His selection of penalty takers in the Euro final was evidence of his agenda and the country paid for it.  Until he wins something he is nobody.  Rest up Madds- you know you are good enough.

Not quite as Foden clearly is a favourite despite his indiscretion in Iceland along with Mason Greenwood.............. Clearly some players can be forgiven 

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

England should drop the nutter Maguire and bring back Chris Smalling.

He's been exceptional for Roma, experienced and looks the part with his hair style 😃

You only had to see that against us in the Euro conference. He won the tie for them really. Although tbf Abraham has been fantastic for Roma this season too

Bottom line is this ain't a tournament, there would be no harm in playing Maddison and seeing how he did after the season he's had he deserves to be in the squad at the least. A major tournament I can understand going for safe options but this is different and it stinks. On another note, he can play as an 8 and a 10 and is miles better than Gallagher or Ward Prowse. No excuse for not picking him at all.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan

Danny Mills making out Connor Gallagher is a better player than Maddison just shows how little he’s watched Madders since Christmas. Honestly, some of these pundits don’t have a scooby. 

Danny Mills would be on the short list of candidates for the Bellend-dor prize for Pundits.  Up there with Jamie O’Hara and Alan Smith. Total knob.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

Guehi, Gallagher, Ward Prowse are crap selections which won't win us a world cup

It’s because their safe players, Southgate hates anyone with good attacking technical ability, he was exactly the same with grealish

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Danny Mills would be on the short list of candidates for the Bellend-dor prize for Pundits.  Up there with Jamie O’Hara and Alan Smith. Total knob.

And Chris Sutton?

Just now, dannythefox said:

I’ve struggled to back England for years now this just strengthens my case, we never pick players on form. What club would Southgate actually manage if it wasn’t England because I’d want him know where near Leicester. 

Not a single top half Premier league team would touch him with a barge pole 

Robbed of an England place. Perhaps he wouldn't get game time, but after such a strong end to the season he quite simply must have been called up to challenge for a spot.

I feel for him; there's not much else he could have done and totally deserved the chance at the very least to impress in training.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

What impression do you lot get from fans of other teams about what they think of Maddison? My mates a Newcastle fan. Talking to him earlier, he said he's glad he missed out as he thinks he's a knob. I asked why he thought that, he said he'd done stupid things. When pressed on that he could name anything he'd done.

I think he seems like a very likeable lad. Come across well in interviews, has slight cheeky humorous side to him, plays with a smile on his face, rarely in the papers for doing anything wrong apart from his fashion. Bias aside I think he's one of the most likeable players in the league.

He's got character. Which is everything England needs and Southgate lacks. Edit (Same with JV really)

Edited by trabuch