Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think you’ve hit the nail mate. Southgate ‘tolerates’ Grealish.

He tolerates him cause he knows Grealish's head is filled with sawdust and because he cant be seen leaving a 100m transfer out of the squad.

Madders always speaks very intelligently but has a character on top of that which might be too much for Gareth to handle. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I just don't think Southgate can handle anyone with a bit of character about them.

We went through a period of saying England was full of individually good players but not good as team. Southgate has took that to mean anyone with a personality is out of the squad. I love Gareth Southgate.

• Like 1

Grealish is in because he's a £100mn player. Look how bad Sancho had to be to get dropped. Maguire never getting dropped. Price-tag.

If Maddison moved for £100mn to Man City and never played for them, he'd be in the England side, easy.

Maddison should pretend one of his uncles is Dutch or Irish or Welsh or Iranian or American and knock England out.

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Grealish is in because he's a £100mn player. Look how bad Sancho had to be to get dropped. Maguire never getting dropped. Price-tag.

If Maddison moved for £100mn to Man City and never played for them, he'd be in the England side, easy.

Maddison should pretend one of his uncles is Dutch or Irish or Welsh or Iranian or American and knock England out.

You may joke but he does actually have an Irish grandparent

Grealish has been good enough to move to City which already shows how good he is tbh. Not that Maddison isn’t good enough for them though. 

For Grealish he’s working with the best coach and players day in day out, playing in massive fixtures. He also plays on the left where we don’t really have anyone that good. 

I think it’s understandable Foden and Mount got in ahead of him but surely he’s worth a place over Ward Prowse who is fvcking dogshit apart from set pieces. We already have Trent and Mount who are great at them so it’s mad how he’s managed to get in over Madders..

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Grealish has been good enough to move to City which already shows how good he is tbh. Not that Maddison isn’t good enough for them though. 

For Grealish he’s working with the best coach and players day in day out, playing in massive fixtures. He also plays on the left where we don’t really have anyone that good. 

I think it’s understandable Foden and Mount got in ahead of him but surely he’s worth a place over Ward Prowse who is fvcking dogshit apart from set pieces. We already have Trent and Mount who are great at them so it’s mad how he’s managed to get in over Madders..

And Bellingham and Gallagher 

Regarding Grealish, I don’t think people don’t really give it a second thought when you going from being the main man, the team being built around you, 90 minutes week in week out to playing every other week, different style of play, less of the game being played to his strength. He was the best player at Villa by a mile and everything went through him. Which means more touches, more chances. It’s never gonna be like that at Man City. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bert said:

Bellingham is a different beast to be fair. 

but he's wasted in that system, everyone bar Chelsea play a 433, they all know that system but our dumb manager choses the one only 2 players in the squad play

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I've only just realised Foden hasn't been available 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

How the fcuk has he had the audacity to still not call him up? Staggering. This is war

Probably doesn’t help that he’s currently in Ibiza (and I don’t blame him one bit).

Is he one of the squad reserves? 

12 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Probably doesn’t help that he’s currently in Ibiza (and I don’t blame him one bit).

The lad's on holiday, it's the end of the season. Our joke of a national coach isn't gonna select him so he's entitled to a life.

Could see some in the media spinning it though

Edited by TK95
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I'm sure he'd happily have left his holiday to play

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

The usual. Looked clueless all the way until he got taken off

It's actually beyond a joke now with Southgate. If he has a problem with Maddison he should just come out and say so and stop saying stupid shit like "I'm happy with my options in that position with Mount and Foden". Fair enough with Foden when he's fit but there is no way Mount has done anything for club or country this season that warrants his continued inclusion. I'm quite glad though that Madders can have a rest over the summer and be fully fit for next season, however it seems highly unlikely he'll be picked for the wc, even if he has a storming start to next season. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It's actually beyond a joke now with Southgate. If he has a problem with Maddison he should just come out and say so and stop saying stupid shit like "I'm happy with my options in that position with Mount and Foden". Fair enough with Foden when he's fit but there is no way Mount has done anything for club or country this season that warrants his continued inclusion. I'm quite glad though that Madders can have a rest over the summer and be fully fit for next season, however it seems highly unlikely he'll be picked for the wc, even if he has a storming start to next season. 

1 of the following 3 things needs to happen for Maddison to get a call-up:

- Make a big money move to one of the big 6, form doesnt matter after that
- Have an even better season with even better numbers, to the point even rivals fans can't ignore his class
- England need to bomb out of the groups at the WC and Southgate gets sacked

He should be able to hit that 30 G/A mark again, despite no extra European games. He basically didnt do anything until December last season, so if he starts the new season firing on all cylinders he should be good to go.

Edited by LFox99