Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Forget the England midfield. Kane was the only one playmaking with the ball via running back to defence, taking the ball himself and playing it forward. 

It's disgraceful, inept and concerning that Southgate has such an openly personnel issue with Maddison but is too cowardly to deal with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Mount is absolutely tragic for England or any time he plays at Wembley. I don't get how players can flop so badly for country and still get so many chances, when others don't get afforded even a brief audition from similar if not better club form.

We are wasting yet another golden generation.

Different manager, same shit. Picking players purely on reputation instead of current form and because he has his ‘favourites’. I actually thought that Southgate would be a different kind of manager, looking at players that deserve to play for their country. Instead he’s fell into that bracket of manager that will only pick most players purely on reputation and who they play for. He’s a clown.

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 3

I don't always join the hype train where anyone who's English and plays for us needs a call up like some have through the years. I still remember everyone saying WHAT ABOUT IAN WALKER!?

But to not at least bring him into the set up, and ease him in after the stats he has produced is scandalous really. Not to mention he could easily fit into a few roles or change a game from the bench. Hate to say it but Justin was absolutely way off it when he got his call up. Its a really sad situation for madders. I'm not even convinced a move away would get him in there under Southgate.

Edited by Gamble92

19 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Did you actually read my post?

So why doesn’t him enjoying himself in Ibiza help him? Who cares what Southgate thinks of that. It shouldn’t affect him as Maddison isn’t in his plans.

Seems to me that Southgate is trying to inject the creativity that England lack in abundance by playing Grealish in a similar role to how Maddison operates. 

Considering appearances, goals and assists this season for both of them, I can only imagine that Southgate + big club player = 🔥 and no 🧠 er.

Guest Col city fan
36 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Mount with another honking 65 minutes of doing nothing.

Grealish and Bowen played as classic #10 today but clearly there isn't space for a one-dimensional player like Maddison /s

Bowen isn’t fit to lace Maddison’s boots tbh.

Southgate can’t half be a fookin berk sometimes.

Who would have thought off the back of the euros and world cup where we beat mediocre teams with mediocre football only to fail on playing a half decent team that we’d produce such lackluster football and results subsequently.

• Like 1

I know the view of Maddison will improve through not playing but there is nothing in these games that suggests he shouldn't be firmly in contention.

Either they are serious games to play the strongest team or not so serious and you give new players a real go.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

I know the view of Maddison will improve through not playing but there is nothing in these games that suggests he shouldn't be firmly in contention.

Either they are serious games to play the strongest team or not so serious and you give new players a real go.

On a side note why are Hungary continually allowed 40k racist supporters but we're on a stadium ban? 

Don't get me wrong - the England fans were bad at the final but I'd say that racist supporters, and it has been at all Hungary games lately, are much more ban worthy. 

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

You are totally right of course in both aspects. I just hope Maddison takes the positive from the adulation he is getting at the moment. If he continues his current trajectory the rewards in terms of England recognition will follow. Personally my admiration of the man has never been higher and he has demonstrably improved aspects of his game the have surprised me. The worst thing that could happen would be for him to take this as rejection and regress. He his so close and hopefully will come through this stronger and more resilient. Looking back there would have been doubts as to whether he was good enough for the team 12 months ago. I want him to come back with the clamour for him to play so strong that even the like of spurs and Man City fans are singing his praise. 

Just watched the 'highlights' - can't waste 90 minutes watching Southgate's England. One goal (penalty) in 3 games and, according to the pundits we lack creativity. How is Madders not in the squad ? Is Southgate just stubborn, clueless or both? And did I hear that Mount hasn't scored in 13 games for England? Madness! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

On a side note why are Hungary continually allowed 40k racist supporters but we're on a stadium ban? 

Don't get me wrong - the England fans were bad at the final but I'd say that racist supporters, and it has been at all Hungary games lately, are much more ban worthy. 

Both are unacceptable in football and in all aspects of life. The latter incidents in thuggery get a lot of press as we thought that sort of behaviour had been confined to history. Racism is likewise an ongoing battle that we cannot let up on or tolerate. The battles we face in the future will place ever more difficult challenges on society and community so the imperative to set clearly what is acceptable behaviour has never been more important. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Both are unacceptable in football and in all aspects of life. The latter incidents in thuggery get a lot of press as we thought that sort of behaviour had been confined to history. Racism is likewise an ongoing battle that we cannot let up on or tolerate. The battles we face in the future will place ever more difficult challenges on society and community so the imperative to set clearly what is acceptable behaviour has never been more important. 

Agreed. 

Just disappointing that UEFA have allowed Hungary the opportunity to play in front of a crowd and denied us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Agreed. 

Just disappointing that UEFA have allowed Hungary the opportunity to play in front of a crowd and denied us. 

Yep. That’s wrong. UEFA need to take a long hard look at themselves but in isolation I think we have to take the punishment. 

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Bowen isn’t fit to lace Maddison’s boots tbh.

Southgate can’t half be a fookin berk sometimes.

Bowen hasn’t taken Madders squad place though as he plays on the shoulder of the FB’s and makes darting runs (makes us not going for him more sickening).

Mount who has actually had a good season for Chelsea but looked anonymous for England for quite some time is starting ahead of Madders.

The imbalance of the squad though is down to Southgate’s negativity. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Agreed. 

The rules are the same. Hungary had their ‘behind closed doors’ fixture last week and another game in March as well 

Difference being Hungary’s stadium is far larger so more school kids in.

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Bowen hasn’t taken Madders squad place though as he plays on the shoulder of the FB’s and makes darting runs (makes us not going for him more sickening).

Mount who has actually had a good season for Chelsea but looked anonymous for England for quite some time is starting ahead of Madders.

The imbalance of the squad though is down to Southgate’s negativity. 

Mount has had a decent season and is certainly worth a place in the squad but not ‘first name on the teamsheet’ which he appears to be at the moment.  He has been utter dog shít these last three games, especially last night.

Southgate is negative yes, but also very stubborn so rather than basing decisions on evidence he goes looking for evidence to support his decisions.  Maddison is ridiculously talented but needs to feel he has the confidence of his manager - whatever you think of BR he did something at the start of last season that has brought out the best in him.  If Southgate picked him now everyone would know it is not because he rates him but is bowing to public pressure so the chances are he would have a stinker, get pulled after 60 mins and Southgate would say “I told you so”.

Picking JJ was a strange one for me.  Before he got injured he was knocking on the door so 100% worth a look but I think we are all agreed he is not fully back up to speed yet which is perhaps not surprising given his injury.  To then play him in a formation that was relatively unfamiliar was baffling to be honest - he seemed to be a long way up the pitch even for a WB meaning he was out of position defensively at times. Assuming he was doing what he was told this is down to the manager’s tactics not the player.

Anyway, same old shît on Tuesday no doubt, we will probably win with another dodgy penalty and Southgate will be the new Messiah again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Mount has had a decent season and is certainly worth a place in the squad but not ‘first name on the teamsheet’ which he appears to be at the moment.  He has been utter dog shít these last three games, especially last night.

Southgate is negative yes, but also very stubborn so rather than basing decisions on evidence he goes looking for evidence to support his decisions.  Maddison is ridiculously talented but needs to feel he has the confidence of his manager - whatever you think of BR he did something at the start of last season that has brought out the best in him.  If Southgate picked him now everyone would know it is not because he rates him but is bowing to public pressure so the chances are he would have a stinker, get pulled after 60 mins and Southgate would say “I told you so”.

Picking JJ was a strange one for me.  Before he got injured he was knocking on the door so 100% worth a look but I think we are all agreed he is not fully back up to speed yet which is perhaps not surprising given his injury.  To then play him in a formation that was relatively unfamiliar was baffling to be honest - he seemed to be a long way up the pitch even for a WB meaning he was out of position defensively at times. Assuming he was doing what he was told this is down to the manager’s tactics not the player.

Anyway, same old shît on Tuesday no doubt, we will probably win with another dodgy penalty and Southgate will be the new Messiah again.

Totally agree to be fair mate.

I do think that even the media have slowly started turning on Southgate by regularly commenting on not scoring in open play in 3 games - it’s becoming a quite damning narrative.

Luckily, I stopped caring/getting upset as much about England many years ago - @HighPeakFoxwould be proud of me for it 😜

• Haha 1