Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

On Madison, my fear would be that Southgate reluctantly bows to pressure, selects him for one game and he doesn't perform.  Southgate feels justified in not picking him previously and is consigned to the dustbin again.  Until he moves to a Greedy Six team of course.

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book

2 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

On Madison, my fear would be that Southgate reluctantly bows to pressure, selects him for one game and he doesn't perform.  Southgate feels justified in not picking him previously and is consigned to the dustbin again.  Until he moves to a Greedy Six team of course.

I’ve seen this a couple of times.

Whilst it could definitely be an outcome - I’d envision a really positive cameo appearance that the media/fans would rave about and Madders could be a regular squad member to add a bit of creativity which is much needed.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The rules are the same. Hungary had their ‘behind closed doors’ fixture last week and another game in March as well 

Difference being Hungary’s stadium is far larger so more school kids in.

It should be capped. Last week was almost half full, yesterday 10%. 

Behind closed doors should be as it says from now on after that crap last weekend.

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

It should be capped. Last week was almost half full, yesterday 10%. 

Behind closed doors should be as it says from now on after that crap last weekend.

And I'm Hungarys case they just allowed racist children in. This has happened multiple times. 

At least our school kids aren't rioting. 

For UEFA racism isn't an issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The rules are the same. Hungary had their ‘behind closed doors’ fixture last week and another game in March as well 

Difference being Hungary’s stadium is far larger so more school kids in.

Then we still could've had many more in, there's no cap.  But our FA decided only to allow kids in a 50 mile radius of the stadium.

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Then we still could've had many more in, there's no cap.  But our FA decided only to allow kids in a 50 mile radius of the stadium.

Not just that, but they limited the amount of tickets available for application. We took two Coach loads of kids teams from Ashby but some of our sides were unsuccessful in their applications for tickets so definitely could have had more kids there. Not sure my ears could have taken much more mind, it was a bit like being at a one direction concert 😂

• Haha 1

I’m glad others are seeing what I’m seeing.

engkand just like good ideas, creative freedom, technical excellence and courage.

southgate the numpty leaves Madison out the one player who can make things happen for himself and others. Hungary are bossing this game. 

10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You're forgetting that he was part of the Chelsea youth team coached by Southgate's assistant, Steve Holland. That ensures that you get fast tracked into the England side eg Gallagher, Mount and Guehi. You can also add Reece James to that list but he is at least top quality. The odd one out until recently has been Tomori who got called up to England after 1 season on loan in the Championship but then fell out of favour.

Glad someone has noticed …..

50 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You're forgetting that he was part of the Chelsea youth team coached by Southgate's assistant, Steve Holland. That ensures that you get fast tracked into the England side eg Gallagher, Mount and Guehi. You can also add Reece James to that list but he is at least top quality. The odd one out until recently has been Tomori who got called up to England after 1 season on loan in the Championship but then fell out of favour.

Great point this. Not really put two and two together but Southgate is just following a line of England managers who just pick their favourites. It'll be a travesty if this England group don't win anything and I'm fearful it'll be the case with him.im charge!