Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Southgate's in a weird position where you can view him as both somebody who improved our tournament performances quite substantially, and somebody who blew two great opportunities, and both be correct. Depends where you sit on it.

The main thing I'll give to Southgate is there are previous England regimes that would've probably blown some of those 'easier' ties. Although being compared to the underperformers is never a good starting point.

Yes I’ll give you that. Our win percentage has been very good especially against teams we should be beating. Maybe it’s my Leicester bias coming out but we did have remarkably easy paths in 2018 and 2020. He isn’t the worst but not the messiah some make him out to be. I always thought Terry venables was a good man manager and good for England and that it was a shame he didn’t stay longer. I think the England job requires a slightly different skill set to that of a premiership manager. 

• Like 1

Seems to be putting the fitness in this summer which is great to see and hopefully takes him to an even greater level.

I wish I could leave the mrs and baby home whilst I go to Portugal, play some golf and get 'fit' lol Different world. Not having a go, I'm just jealous.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Are we going to ignore the elephant in the room? Just 2 years left on his contract now and we seem to be heading for another Tielemans-style impasse next summer.

I heard a whisper there's an option of another year on it so not that pressing.

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Seems to be putting the fitness in this summer which is great to see and hopefully takes him to an even greater level.

I wish I could leave the mrs and baby home whilst I go to Portugal, play some golf and get 'fit' lol Different world. Not having a go, I'm just jealous.. 

thought exactly that lol. Mrs has no problem with multiple trips abroad to play golf and go on yachts without the baby? I could never 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Difference is this year he's done an entire week as opposed to the day he did last year (posted all the free kicks on Instagram) and he's not flown off to ibiza mid trip to go and cause mischief.

Love to see him putting in extra hours over the summer, I think having his kid has probably been the best thing for his career. Looks to really have sorted him out mentally and got him striving to be the best he can be. He's got the ability to go to the very top, if he can keep himself fit and maintain that drive there's nothing to stop him.

I think he comes flying out the blocks in the coming season. My dream is that he comes out and smashes it to the point where everyone is raving about him, he gets the England call up and turns it down, making it clear that he refuses to play under Southgate. 

I'll take the first part, but the second part would be the icing on the cake :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well make me a believer then. Who did you hear the whisper from?

CT definitely has some connections and has said plenty of things on here that have turned out to be correct (even if I didn't want to believe them lol

They don't need to prove themselves, you've been on here long enough to decide who is worth listening to and who isn't surely?

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

CT definitely has some connections and has said plenty of things on here that have turned out to be correct (even if I didn't want to believe them lol

They don't need to prove themselves, you've been on here long enough to decide who is worth listening to and who isn't surely?

I don't know CT from Adam so a proper response rather than a laughing emoji reaction would have been appreciated. Let's say he's right. Who or what triggers the extra year then? Do both parties have to agree? Is it conditional on us qualifying for Europe? I'm genuinely intrigued.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't know CT from Adam so a proper response rather than a laughing emoji reaction would have been appreciated. Let's say he's right. Who or what triggers the extra year then? Do both parties have to agree? Is it conditional on us qualifying for Europe? I'm genuinely intrigued.

Those kind of clauses are usually an option triggered by the club I believe 

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well you asked them to reveal their source, so that's obviously not going to happen haha. Had you asked those questions initially then I'm sure @Chocolate Teapot would have answered. It seemed more like you were more interested in calling "bullsh*t" though to be honest :D 

As someone else said, I think these can either be an option for the club or player. I would assume the club has an option to extend the current terms by one year :) 

If he has another good season, you'd think we would probably look to improve his deal and add a few years on to add to his value when an elite club swoops in for him.

• Like 2