Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

On 22/06/2022 at 11:30, Ric Flair said:

I think he's going to be even better next season, just oozes class.

He's a fantastic player .

This forum really missed pe off when so many tried to sell him to Arsenal last summer.   

He was good then; he's better now; and ihope you're right.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Worth saying above the rest of that shower this goal today puts him clear 3rd in our all-time top PL goal scorers. He’s now scored more than Izzet and Heskey who drop down to joint 4th.

Only 5 short of Mahrez in 2nd as well

That's quite an achievement. Very happy for him. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/08/18/leicester-bid-see-newcastle-interest-james-maddison-contract/

Leicester bid to see off Newcastle interest in James Maddison with contract talks underway

Leicester have opened negotiations with England international James Maddison over a new contract.

Brendan Rodgers is yet to make an outfield signing this summer but Leicester are moving to tie Maddison down to an improved deal.

Newcastle have seen two offers of up to £40 million rejected this summer for the attacking midfielder, who has just under two years left on his current £100,000-a-week contract.

It is understood talks started with Maddison’s representatives before the bids from Newcastle, with discussions understood to be at an early stage.

Signed from Norwich City for £25 million in June 2018, Maddison was Leicester’s top scorer last season with 18 goals, also providing 12 assists in all competitions.

Rodgers said: “He’s an outstanding player and of course, Leicester City would benefit from keeping him longer. With two years left, naturally the club would want to protect the asset.

“He’s a top player at the level, so people will be interested in him, but I’ve seen no change in him whatsoever. For me, James is still the same. He’s improving, developing, and happy.”

• Like 3

Rodgers said: “He’s an outstanding player and of course, Leicester City would benefit from keeping him longer. With two years left, naturally the club would want to protect the asset.

“He’s a top player at the level, so people will be interested in him, but I’ve seen no change in him whatsoever. For me, James is still the same. He’s improving, developing, and happy.”

Rogers already distancing himself from the club?? (Realise this is the Maddison thread but just come from the Rogers thread and seems apt)

9 minutes ago, Bunchy the cat said:

Rodgers said: “He’s an outstanding player and of course, Leicester City would benefit from keeping him longer. With two years left, naturally the club would want to protect the asset.

Rogers already distancing himself from the club?? (Realise this is the Maddison thread but just come from the Rogers thread and seems apt)

That struck me too. At least sounds like he's admitting he won't be around then. 

• Like 1