Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

20 hours ago, filbertway said:

My concern is that if we throw a big contract at Maddison, if he slips back into his half-arsed mindset that we're then stuck with a talented player on big money that only shows up for a few months a season.

I hope we can give him a contract that's heavily incentivised by him performing well. If he plays well he earns bucket loads, if he goes into half arse mode, then we're covered.

Hopefully we've learned lessons from the past few years.

He’s never ever had a ‘half arsed mindset’. How can football fans who watch this lad even think that? His underperformance has always been linked to injury. He has struggled with his hip for years and this sometimes impacts how well he’s able to play. I think it’s clear from hearing him speak in interviews and watching him play that he’s obsessed with the game and being the best he can be. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

He’s never ever had a ‘half arsed mindset’. How can football fans who watch this lad even think that? His underperformance has always been linked to injury. He has struggled with his hip for years and this sometimes impacts how well he’s able to play. I think it’s clear from hearing him speak in interviews and watching him play that he’s obsessed with the game and being the best he can be. 

In the wonderful nuance-free world of FoxesTalk, playing elite football consistently at a high level is actually really easy and therefore if your performances worsen it can only be because you can't be arsed/your head's been turned/you think you're better than you are.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, marbles said:

If every player on the team didn’t have a deal like that, I could see locker room issues pop up quickly.

If one players pay is dependent on league position, what happens when that player feels someone else is not playing up to standard?  

It’s hard to hear and even harder to accept, but we will not be able to hold onto exceptional players for very long.  We will find the occasional one who doesn’t care about bigger clubs, or money (Vardy, Kasper) - but most will see us as a stepping stone.  

There's no reason why it couldn't apply to all the players who play each game on a percentage basis also. It's still a win win for all bith the Club and the players.

Yes there's always some players who will chase the big money elsewhere, but with a well designed system we as a Club would be in a better place.

There's a big incentive for the players to do well and if they don't they don't get the big Salaries. And the Club doesn't stretched financially.

59 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Only positive today. Goal involvements in all 3 games now and keeping the numbers ticking.

Fear our poor form just gives another excuse to Southgate though

I fear that and a lack of change at the club may make him think he needs to look elsewhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, shiv said:

If only the rest of the squad showed the passion he showed towards the end of the game. Okay he made a couple of mistakes and got booked, but you can tell he genuinely cares.

We’ll do well to hold onto him this season at this rate.

Spurs have made a strong start - if conte challenges levy to back him again it could be difficult for madders - lucky there isn’t long left in the window 

• Like 1

Just now, Vestan Pance said:

Stormed off down the tunnel straight after the final whistle. I hope he's not going, the only one out there today that appeared to give everything.

I didn’t mind that. Shows he was genuinely annoyed with the result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vestan Pance said:

Stormed off down the tunnel straight after the final whistle. I hope he's not going, the only one out there today that appeared to give everything.

That’s not quite true is it 

he exchanged handshakes with a few of the soton players and whilst the other players then milled around the centre circle and chatted and clapped the few supporters left in the ground before trudging off, madders walked fairly swiftly off and down the tunnel, acknowledging the support staff who offered a handshake 

he clearly wasn’t happy but was nothing like fofana after Brentford ….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s not quite true is it 

he exchanged handshakes with a few of the soton players and whilst the other players then milled around the centre circle and chatted and clapped the few supporters left in the ground before trudging off, madders walked fairly swiftly off and down the tunnel, acknowledging the support staff who offered a handshake 

he clearly wasn’t happy but was nothing like fofana after Brentford ….

He was off the pitch before the other players applauded. But the minor details have little to do with the point I was making.