Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Unlikely now for me. Can see many jumping ship as soon as they can now. 

I have absolutely no issue with ambition, also don't mind the club trying to look after it's best interests as well. But because the forfana issue has probably been made even more high profile than the mahrez saga, not sure why you would tie yourself to a 4 year deal here when you know the club are gonna demand a Kings ransome for you if you want to leave.

Right now I'm pretty sure he csn pay the bills of his current salary and we end up with another youri situation, but this time we have to cash in before he goes for nothing.

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

Need to get a manager in with some credibility and can build the attack around him. Make him captain and highest paid if that’s what it takes.

Think that's the only hope. If he gets on as well as it seems with Vardy, kdh, jonny and Harvey. Then yep then get a manager thar wants to build a side to suit him. It's the only way i see him staying but think he backs himself to succeed at a higher level and the last what 6 to 8 months have certainly shown if fit he can produce.

Feeling more and more like we’re just a one-man team right now.

Feels more and more like that 2017-18 season under Puel where Vardy basically dragged us from a relegation battle to a top half side on his own when he somehow got 20 league goals with absolutely zero service and feeding on such scraps.

• Like 1

On 19/08/2022 at 12:48, Ric Flair said:

It will be difficult but it's got to be our priority, with the best facilities in the world and with the changes in transfer rules, its essential to produce and recruit young domestic talent to bring through. We've done quite well but we can absolutely be better.

My thoughts are higher emphasis on academy players as their starting contracts can be very low.  They will just be happy for the promotion.  Initial contract in first team at least 3 years so dont need to renew too quickly.

New signings, get reserve wages, need to prove themselves to get first 11 wages.  Some of our new signings the salaries just seemed too high.

Have a structure where salaries can be high, but only after sustained good performances and loyalty to the club.

This avoids a structure where everyone expects the same pay as vardy, encourages players to improve themselves to make the first team, makes a decision to just be happy in the reserves not as lucrative, and should of course lower our wage bill.

I know this will make it harder to sign players, but we cant sign any when we broke, and I feel we should be going for unknown dark horses rather than ready proven players anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Jabfox said:

I reckon he hates us Leicester fans. 

Always seems to have interactions with the idiots, not that that's his fault. And openly laughed at the fact we ain't got a chant for him 🤣

Nah he doesn't but a fair portion of our fans are knuckle draggers that give him constant grief and abuse. Mainly because of his fashion choices.

I imagine he's just bored of it and calls it out whenever it suits him.

• Like 3

Just now, Dames said:

Nah he doesn't but a fair portion of our fans are knuckle draggers that give him constant grief and abuse. Mainly because of his fashion choices.

I imagine he's just bored of it and calls it out whenever it suits him.

Yeah fair point mate. 

Do think we need a chant for him though, show him some appreciation as he's arguably our best player. 

19 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

I reckon he hates us Leicester fans. 

Always seems to have interactions with the idiots, not that that's his fault. And openly laughed at the fact we ain't got a chant for him 🤣

Does he read Foxestalk?   

Sometimes I almost hate Leicester fans.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he has a point but also read the room and send him good wishes in private

I know its a controversial point for some but not everything a footballer does has to take into regard fans feelings.

He's wishing a friend and a colleague well. Nothing more than that. Its his personal social media account so he can do what he likes.

He shouldn't be restricted incase he hurts some overly sensitive fans feelings. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he has a point but also read the room and send him good wishes in private

I remember when Mourinho left Spurs and Kane was all over Twitter with luvie duvie messages. I decided then that anyone who posts anything on twitter is basically saying look at me I'm a willy puller. So on reflection Madders I agree with the above perhaps call your friend and wish him well.

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

I know its a controversial point for some but not everything a footballer does has to take into regard fans feelings.

He's wishing a friend and a colleague well. Nothing more than that. Its his personal social media account so he can do what he likes.

He shouldn't be restricted incase he hurts some overly sensitive fans feelings. 

Totally afree with you, The way way some of our fans abuse and give players grief is unforgivable, If i was a player I wouldnt want to be here surrounded by moronic sheep constantly abusing my friends

Edited by Lesterlad

12 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

I remember when Mourinho left Spurs and Kane was all over Twitter with luvie duvie messages. I decided then that anyone who posts anything on twitter is basically saying look at me I'm a willy puller. So on reflection Madders I agree with the above perhaps call your friend and wish him well.

you can also feel free to simply not follow Madders on social media if what he posts offends you so much