Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I thought he played with his heart on his sleeve, he looked like he cares, and there were few that looked like that today

Yeah, no doubt he cares, just wasn’t his best performance. Didn’t look happy at the end, a penny for his thoughts…

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Yeah, no doubt he cares, just wasn’t his best performance. Didn’t look happy at the end, a penny for his thoughts…

I’m a big fan of Maddison, thought we should have made him captain, mainly because of Evans age so no slight on the player, but Maddison should represent the future, but I fear we’ve missed this trick as well.

Just now, splinterdream said:

I’m a big fan of Maddison, thought we should have made him captain, mainly because of Evans age so no slight on the player, but Maddison should represent the future, but I fear we’ve missed this trick as well.

There's various reasons he might not have been selected. It was a players vote, unanimous for Evans to take captaincy. 

11 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Doesn’t help when he is played out of position. He is best playing centrally, not shoved out as a make-shift right sided player.

Maybe putting it down to his frustration of being played out of position but he was so out of sorts today, gave the ball away and showed no attempt at getting it back, threw his arms up in the air at times, the rot is well and truly setting in amongst our players, and it showed with Madders today 

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

He’s been our best player by a mile for the better part of a year and we’ve been awful.

He shows up when it's easy. When were up against anything difficult he plays like he did today. He couldn't even track back today. Not sure if he couldn't be arsed or he just isn't fit. 

• Haha 2

Just now, adam said:

He shows up when it's easy. When were up against anything difficult he plays like he did today. He couldn't even track back today. Not sure if he couldn't be arsed or he just isn't fit. 

We’ve had an easy last year then why does everyone want the manager sacked? 

2 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

We’ve had an easy last year then why does everyone want the manager sacked? 

I said he shows up when it's easy. Like the last few games of last season. 

Do you think his performance was acceptable today?  A bloke who thinks he is good enough for England and he puts in performances like that  

Just now, adam said:

Do you think his performance was acceptable today?  A bloke who thinks he is good enough for England and he puts in performances like that  

so he was only good for last few games of last season in your opinion?

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Load of tripe mate, for a player who is as attack minded as they come, he does more than his fair share of tracking back. He puts a shift in most weeks, going forward he isn't at his best but to say he shows up when it easy is a load of rubbish. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

so he was only good for last few games of last season in your opinion?

He plays well in patches. Usually when the going is good. Even big dan was bollocking him today for his lack of tracking back 

1 minute ago, adam said:

He plays well in patches. Usually when the going is good. Even big dan was bollocking him today for his lack of tracking back 

hmm okay. That’s a lot of patches for someone who got 30 goals/assists last season I think it was in the end 

He will definitely push for a move this summer. 100% nailed on. Unfortunately, Southgate won't look at him unless he is at a Chelski or similar. 

He had a bit of a shocker today, but I think that is down to him trying too hard to create something out of nothing. Rodgers has slowed the play so much, he is smothered by the time he gets it. Will be vital for us this season once we have a new manager in. 

2 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Was at the match, madders stayed longer than any other player after the match. He just stood still and stared at the away fans. Justin had to pull him away. Looked like an absolutely broken man. Look what you've done to our star Rodgers you muppet.

Probably staring at those giving the 🤌signs and telling the players to F off like the lot next to me were

He looked utterly deflated today. The results and what ever is going on behind the scenes is really getting to him and the other players.  This needs sorting and now before we start losing more players and Madders is one we need to keep hold of for as long as we can

Had an awful game today but he remains our best player and you generally play your best player in his best position, which isn’t right mid. 

he gave the ball away for their second goal but I honestly think he did so because he saw Thomas and didn’t want to pass to him, so tried something else. Don’t blame him, Thomas is a league 2 player at best. Astonishing that Rodgers picked him ahead of Castagne the last 2 

I think we’re lucky to have a player like him. As soon as we get a new Manager in, he’ll be back to his best I’m sure of it. However, if the financial situation is as bad as it looks,  then Newcastle may come back in for him in Jan. No chance he’s signing a new deal either. Who can blame him.