Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, RedSoxUK said:

I believe a manger is essentially worthless in the grand scheme, not just at Leicester but in football. Outside of defining a playing style and tactical setup (telling players where to play,) you could have a worm with automated subs be manager and get the same results. The manager is significantly overvalued as a result and football teams are plotted against the table with their current ability/wage (or cost/value) in mind. There are only some exceptions to that rule but even when we won the league, we all largely agree not much of it was 'down to Ranieri'. He said '4411 and play a bit more direct.' It was built on years of excellent recruitment.The players did the rest. We know that, so why is this any different? The fact is that we are significantly weaker as a unit, our 11, specifically defence, is not at the standard we expect it to be, and how much of that you can actually put on a football manager is really debatable - honestly, IF we went out and bought Pope, and we didn't sell Fofana, Ricardo was fit and we replaced Evans - we wouldn't be here talking about this at all. If you want to get rid of the manager fine, they tend to have 2-3 years shelf life till players get bored or have changed too much anyway, but If you want to stop the rot you need a new management structure, and a new 11. 

Back on topic, Maddison is absolutely fantastic and should be in the England team. He's a constant stand out and is a top 6 player in waiting. But he's our only one right now.

We had all this last season, 1 or 2 injuries, a new signing etc. it was all gonna make the difference. 

He doesn’t want to be here, the players don’t want him here, the fans don’t want him here. A new manager will get us back on track but it may already be too late. 

Rodgers will move onto another club do well for 12-18 months then it’ll crumble, just like here, Celtic and Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We had all this last season, 1 or 2 injuries, a new signing etc. it was all gonna make the difference. 

He doesn’t want to be here, the players don’t want him here, the fans don’t want him here. A new manager will get us back on track but it may already be too late. 

Rodgers will move onto another club do well for 12-18 months then it’ll crumble, just like here, Celtic and Liverpool. 

Conjecture, all of it. 1 or 2 injuries lol, it significantly changed the team. 

You have no idea if he wants to be here and you have no idea what the players want. I haven't a clue either, but they are playing for him.

It's such an easy blame, try looking deeper at the crumbles youre talking about.

7 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Conjecture, all of it. 1 or 2 injuries lol, it significantly changed the team. 

You have no idea if he wants to be here and you have no idea what the players want. I haven't a clue either, but they are playing for him.

It's such an easy blame, try looking deeper at the crumbles youre talking about.

They’re playing for him? LOL. 

I stand by my original point, you’re mental :P

I’d love to know if it’s intentional from Brendan or Maddison just doing as he wants, in that he is supposed to play wide right but drifts where ever he wants. Subsequently resulting in our full back (be it Castagne or Justin), end up at right wing and Tielemans at right back? Total disaster and ultimately this loss in shape is what results in the total s*** show that we watch week on week. 

As for Maddison licking Brendans arse in the post match interview… we are done honestly. No matter how goes Maddison is, he’s clearly too big an influence in the dressing room for a proper muppet. 

22 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I’d love to know if it’s intentional from Brendan or Maddison just doing as he wants, in that he is supposed to play wide right but drifts where ever he wants. Subsequently resulting in our full back (be it Castagne or Justin), end up at right wing and Tielemans at right back? Total disaster and ultimately this loss in shape is what results in the total s*** show that we watch week on week. 

As for Maddison licking Brendans arse in the post match interview… we are done honestly. No matter how goes Maddison is, he’s clearly too big an influence in the dressing room for a proper muppet. 

You really believe Maddison will come out and slander his own boss, risking less game-time as a result? Give over.

We employed the tactic of Tielemans dropping deep so Castagne can go further up and Maddison shifts inside at several times last season and it worked. It just goes to shit when we lose the ball and players are out of position.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You really believe Maddison will come out and slander his own boss, risking less game-time as a result? Give over.

We employed the tactic of Tielemans dropping deep so Castagne can go further up and Maddison shifts inside at several times last season and it worked. It just goes to shit when we lose the ball and players are out of position.

You are possibly the most clueless person on this forum. So playing a RB at RW and a CM at RB works now? And it’s not resulted indirectly to us conceding 11 goals in the last 2 games? You need your head wobbling like Brendan with his loopy tactics. It was so exciting watching our two centre halves on their back feet against 3/4 Spurs players running at them every time. 

25 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

You are possibly the most clueless person on this forum. So playing a RB at RW and a CM at RB works now? And it’s not resulted indirectly to us conceding 11 goals in the last 2 games? You need your head wobbling like Brendan with his loopy tactics. It was so exciting watching our two centre halves on their back feet against 3/4 Spurs players running at them every time. 

TAA basically plays RW and it's clear as day that's what Rodgers is doing with this shape. And just like Tielemens dropping in, that's how the Liverpool midfielders also do it (not playing RB, but dropping in when the RB is advanced.) They just do it a lot better and are a lot faster. Salah is an inside forward where he's rarely on the wing and he drifts central (Maddison's shape is in this mould, albeit a bit more central at times) I've got nothing wrong with that,  but I wouldn't want Ndidi, as he's seemably off form and not helping. It would in my opinion be better shape to have Youri deeper (DM) who can progress the ball better, with more movement, and have someone like Praet/KDH dropping into that cover position. Keep Castagne where he is it's one of our better aspects, as is the Barnes / Justin - again with defensive frailties though.

We're getting absolutely mauled in set pieces and counter attacks. So much that losing possession feels like a death wish. Id also argue for a 4231 where Ndidi and Youri create more options and can fill in when the FBs advance. Maddison can then stay central.

I'll also add that Cancelo basically plays CM for Man City, countless midfielders have played LB/RB/CB as they have ability - Milner, Albrighton good examples, but it's not ideal. Rodgers likes overloads, you can see Justin isn't the advanced LB like with Chilwell, and he is more inverted coming inside. I'd go as far to say the shape and tactics are fine in principle We can still get the best out of Maddison, Castagne, but others will suffer as a result - Youri, Justin. But yeah, we absolutely need to manage the ball better and prevent counter attacks. Be dirty, I don't care every team that counters is has a high chance of scoring right now.

14 hours ago, Aleksz said:

What a lad honestly. Should be club captain really. Was the best player on the pitch including both teams until Son turned up for his cameo.

You can see in his interview how dejected he is after the recent results and missing out on the England squad again. Speaks well as usual but doesn’t have the same spark in himself.

Should be the club captain but poor decision making from Brendan again and an under 11s style vote means he’s not even vice captain. Another indication that the club is going down the swanny

• 2 weeks later...

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/james-maddison-at-leicester-city-202223-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

James Maddison: Why the Leicester City star would be a valuable addition to England’s World Cup squad – scout report

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/james-maddison-at-leicester-city-202223-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

James Maddison: Why the Leicester City star would be a valuable addition to England’s World Cup squad – scout report

Yes the pressure seems to be ramping up on clueless aka Gareth. Perhaps it’s good for Leicester City, as he could have been injured playing against Germany.