Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

19 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He will leave in the summer without doubt, assuming we can hold him in Jan. Shame, class player and seemingly decent bloke since he became a dad, delighted to have been wrong about him. 

I think he's always been a good lad and always spoken well in the media. The jury was out for me whether he had the desire to fully realise his potential. Since becoming a dad it seems to have brought out the best in him and to see him grafting at a training camp over the summer instead of spending 4/5 weeks on lads holidays was immense to see. Hopefully when that clown Southgate gets sacked, the next manager will appreciate the work madders has been putting in.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Neville saying that there are question marks of a potential attitude problem that could be holding him back internationally but couldn't say where he'd seen it

Wait he interviewed Maddison? Surprised Neville actually spared us of the usual United meltdown monologue that hasn't been funny/interesting for about eight years.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Happy that at least the media are giving him the recognition he deserves. Let's hope that nonce in charge has finally had his eye test

If madders can keep his stats up over the next month then Southgate has a huge problem 

if he doesn’t take him (and let’s face it, he doesn’t want to), he writes his own resignation letter if we can’t break down the Germans in the last 16 … well he should but the FA wouldn’t ….

so all madders can do is carry on playing well and stare Southgate down ….

• Like 1

Obviously Maddison wants to be at the World Cup but as a Leicester fan I'd rather have him here. The big difference is that Madders wants to be there and play a major part in the national team. I have a feeling he'll be called and won't even be subbed in or he'll play a minor part as a sub when we're getting battered already in the group stage. 

That said and taking into account that he's a player whose confidence drops immensely when he's not playing, I fear he'll come back from there drained. 

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I want him there. Mostly because he deserves it. Secondly, because it sends the message that he doesn’t have to leave to get in. 

I agree, there are 2 sides of the coin. The pessimist in me described the worse scenario if he gets the call. He might get the call and be the key player there. It's more than obvious that the national squad needs a player like him. 

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I agree, there are 2 sides of the coin. The pessimist in me described the worse scenario if he gets the call. He might get the call and be the key player there. It's more than obvious that the national squad needs a player like him. 

👏

England would be stronger with a player like him and Southgate needs to get it and send a message that you don’t have to be playing for the rich elite to get in the squad. 

Southgate has about 12 defenders in his squad, he doesn't need that many it's ridiculous. Southgate does pick from non established top six sides - Guehi, Toney, Rice - what's the issue with Maddison?

Like I said in the match thread journos ought to go in hard on Southgate and ask tough questions and don't let him get away with it, like Pat Murphy did to Pearson on ostrichgate.

It's basically negligent at this stage not to select him. Look at the stats.

We don't need Reece James, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker and Trent Alexander-Arnold in the England squad at the same time!

• Like 3