Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Another sad state of the club that he's probably gone in the summer as well. Don't see why he'd want to sign a new contract when we've regressed and he's good enough for the biggest clubs.

Fair play to the lad as he's matured massively and transferred that into his game. Gone from a very good player in this league to one of the very best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I want him there. Mostly because he deserves it. Secondly, because it sends the message that he doesn’t have to leave to get in. 

First part I agree with, problem with the second part is with every Leicester player as soon as they get in the England team someone comes along and takes them. Think Chilwell was about the longest we kept an england international wasn’t he, about 20 caps. 

Maddison gets picked for England and had a decent world cup doubt we’d see him again past January. 

I’ve noticed over the past year or so as well, whenever one of our games is advertised on tv or on a billboard etc. it always seems to be a picture of Maddison accompanying it instead of a picture of Vardy like it always used to be. Does feel like he’s taken over from Vardy as our talisman now.

• Like 2

Yeh it looks like vardy’s reign and being the poster boy for our club is over. Even my 10 year kid who’s been devoted to vards since he was 4 now only is interested in madison

the club has to turn its fortunes around and try and keep him at our club for as long as possible but we have to try and match his ambitions. He has the makings of a great player if he stays fit and healthy.

4 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Another sad state of the club that he's probably gone in the summer as well. Don't see why he'd want to sign a new contract when we've regressed and he's good enough for the biggest clubs.

Fair play to the lad as he's matured massively and transferred that into his game. Gone from a very good player in this league to one of the very best.

He’s going to Newcastle apparently. Just trying to see if in January or next summer. 

32 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He’s going to Newcastle apparently. Just trying to see if in January or next summer. 

If true, I find this such an odd move. It's still going to be a number of years before they're competing at the top end and if he's as serious as it seems about England, that's not going to advance his cause either. In spite of current slump, that's still such a sideways move, even backwards. Could do so much better.

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

If true, I find this such an odd move. It's still going to be a number of years before they're competing at the top end and if he's as serious as it seems about England, that's not going to advance his cause either. In spite of current slump, that's still such a sideways move, even backwards. Could do so much better.

Yeah I agree it’s a joke. I don’t doubt my source so very disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah we will. I don’t want it to be true but money talks I guess

Just like the 46 ITKs we've had on here in the last 3 weeks claiming X day was gonna be the day Brendan was sacked.

Bar Ashley I'm trusting nobody on here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Just like the 46 ITKs we've had on here in the last 3 weeks claiming X day was gonna be the day Brendan was sacked.

Bar Ashley I'm trusting nobody on here

That’s fine I don’t give a shit. Only sharing what I’ve been told. 

If madisson can stay fit (hip issue) he can go to the very top I mean reach beckham status. At the risk of over hyping him he’s earned his dues. He’s got all the tools and last nite showcased every single one of them last nite on prime time global tv. Newcastle will be squirming as they now know they have no chance in hell of getting him. Waiving a cheque book is not enough.

rogers has nurtured him well and you can see how much madders respects him.

based on how BR advised tiellemans he will have said give us this season play your heart out and save the club then go play for England and whoever you want in the summer you are good enough. Newcastle is a low bar for this kid.