Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

You can't blame any young player who's ambitious and wanting to test themselves at the highest level and possibly win something, let alone earn more money. 

I think at one time, even the fact that we were there or there abouts for qualifying for the Champions League may have just kept him here.

However, Rodgers mainly scuppered that dream and players will also know that Rodgers historically has been piss poor in Europe even if he manages to get there. Maddison like all the players train under Rodgers every day and will know his limitations. His silver tongue will no longer have any effect, they've heard it all before from him!

In the current climate at Leicester, why would Maddison, or any of our better players want to stay here? It's in his own best interests to leave. Were we to replace Rodgers with someone decent who would be given a reasonable amount of money to invest in the summer then just perhaps he could be talked round. However, Top's current lethargic approach and Rodger's continued tenure makes that highly unlikely. I wish him all the best. Under the current regime, neither do I see a repeat of the sort of recruitment we were previously known for. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

You can't blame any young player who's ambitious and wanting to test themselves at the highest level and possibly win something, let alone earn more money. 

I think at one time, even the fact that we were there or there abouts for qualifying for the Champions League may have just kept him here.

However, Rodgers mainly scuppered that dream and players will also know that Rodgers historically has been piss poor in Europe even if he manages to get there. Maddison like all the players train under Rodgers every day and will know his limitations. His silver tongue will no longer have any effect, they've heard it all before from him!

In the current climate at Leicester, why would Maddison, or any of our better players want to stay here? It's in his own best interests to leave. Were we to replace Rodgers with someone decent who would be given a reasonable amount of money to invest in the summer then just perhaps he could be talked round. However, Top's current lethargic approach and Rodger's continued tenure makes that highly unlikely. I wish him all the best. Under the current regime, neither do I see a repeat of the sort of recruitment we were previously known for. 

So like Fofana did then?  :ph34r:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

An also not getting picked for England, he could probably sit on Spurs bench and have a better chance of getting picked.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

To be fair if it wasn’t for Maddison missing an absolute sitter we would have gone further in the Europa!

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Fofana would have been picked for the WC if ha hadn’t picked up his knee injury 

he is on 230k/week

and he has a much better chance of a medal at Chelsea than here 

so, yes 

Well obviously, it was more a mild mock of our double standards

It was only last summer that is seemed like the majority on here wanted to take some money from Arsenal for Maddison.

He is, and was then, a phenomenal player.   He is one of our leaders on the pitch.  The forum invites strong opinions and, personally, I find some bizarre.   On the flip side,  I look back on some of my opinions and realise how flawed they were.   

We need to keep him until the summer.  At thattime, I would be surprised if there weren't two or three teams bidding for him.  Obviously,  it would be better if he signed a new contract and stayed.

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I mean, you can't in my opinion blame Fofana for wanting the Chelsea move - they're a huge club where he'll be earning a lot more money and regularly competing for major honours.

You can however blame Fofana for how he went about securing that move. It's not really double standards when Maddison has never downed tools and metaphorically thrown a tantrum to force a move.

• Like 4

Just now, The_Rorab said:

I mean, you can't in my opinion blame Fofana for wanting the Chelsea move - they're a huge club where he'll be earning a lot more money and regularly competing for major honours.

You can however blame Fofana for how he went about securing that move. It's not really double standards when Maddison has never downed tools and metaphorically thrown a tantrum to force a move.

I realise the situations are vastly different. Maddison has spent his time, done well and hopefully continues to do so here, so he is in that respect, is beyond reproach, Wes? not so much, so yes, was only kidding  :D

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

How did Rodgers scupper that dream alone? He wasn't punching it in against Spurs FFS. Players have responsibility in that too.

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'm critical of a lot of Rodgers, at the end of the day he is the manager, but I'm fed up of people giving players are free ride. They are responsible for what happens on field as much as Rodgers, or maybe even more so.

Plus, like I've always said, Champions League alone doesn't help us keep players here. Trophies do. That's why players like Maddison are so pleased to have won the FA Cup. If it was so easy that Champions League football meant players stayed then clubs like Spurs wouldn't lose their best players).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can't blame Fofana for doing it, but there are ways of doing it and at the right time. 

I remember Heskey and Piper going and really not wanting them to but could understand it.

Maguire the right way, Marhez the wrong way, albeit we perhaps don't know the full story.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hamilton Fox said:

To be fair if it wasn’t for Maddison missing an absolute sitter we would have gone further in the Europa!

If it wasn't for Rodger's shite management we'd have been in the Champions League 2 years running. One's a missed single chance any player could make, the other is months of poor performance. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If it wasn't for Rodger's shite management we'd have been in the Champions League 2 years running. One's a missed single chance any player could make, the other is months of poor performance. 

Apart from when you add everything up over a season, all these "missed single chance" or defensive/goalkeeping mistake or missed penalty, then you could easily say we'd have been in the Champions League places.

Of course Rodgers is at fault, he's the manager, but players underperformed too.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

How did Rodgers scupper that dream alone? He wasn't punching it in against Spurs FFS. Players have responsibility in that too.

Well if you can't see why two seasons running and overall poor managerial performance for over 18 months, I'll leave it with you. One match against Spurs is hardly the point. If you in the course of your work were offered a seemingly better job elsewhere with better prospects for success and a large pairwise you'd be mad not to consider it.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'm critical of a lot of Rodgers, at the end of the day he is the manager, but I'm fed up of people giving players are free ride. They are responsible for what happens on field as much as Rodgers, or maybe even more so.

Plus, like I've always said, Champions League alone doesn't help us keep players here. Trophies do. That's why players like Maddison are so pleased to have won the FA Cup. If it was so easy that Champions League football meant players stayed then clubs like Spurs wouldn't lose their best players).

Whilst I agree totally that player indeed have to take some responsibility, with some however, if you regularly get played out of your best position, being asked to play in unsuitable formations using poor unsuitable tactics, don't be surprised if that players performance isn't as good as it perhaps might be.

The FA Cup is nice but the Champions League is where the best players are and where the money is made. A better team means potentially more opportunity to achieve all of them. 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Apart from when you add everything up over a season, all these "missed single chance" or defensive/goalkeeping mistake or missed penalty, then you could easily say we'd have been in the Champions League places.

Of course Rodgers is at fault, he's the manager, but players underperformed too.

Using that analogy, every team would be in the Champions League! Every team misses chances or lets goals in. However, our actual on field performances have previously  over a long period of time been very poor and extremely dull due to managerial tactics employed. Arguably some of the points gained and pisitions we attained were because of individual moments of talent from certain very capable players but certainly nothing to do with managerial prowess. Our pisitions flattered to deceive and a handful of wins against very poor teams at the end of last season and in recent matches are merely papering over the cracks temporarily. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can't blame Fofana for doing it, but there are ways of doing it and at the right time. 

I remember Heskey and Piper going and really not wanting them to but could understand it.

Maguire the right way, Marhez the wrong way, albeit we perhaps don't know the full story.

Cannot argue with any of that

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The FA Cup is nice but the Champions League is where the best players are and where the money is made. A better team means potentially more opportunity to achieve all of them. 

Yes, but if you are looking to climb the ladder, so to speak, do you want to play for a team winning trophies, or a team not winning trophies? I don't think we can really compete against the the Top 5 (Tottenham is the closest to compete with, because their wage structure is different than the other "big" clubs), but I think the fact we have won trophies in the past 6 years is a selling point for players.

• Like 1