Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

I reckon Southgate will cave in and take him just to shut everyone up.

And then sit him on the bench and not use him at all.....

I just wanna listen to James Maddison talk about football, if I can't watch it, like others have said if he gets picked he probably won't be allowed minutes, so get him in the studio BBC or ITV Lineker Shearer Wright and Dixon have had there 10 years saying the same stuff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I just wanna listen to James Maddison talk about football, if I can't watch it, like others have said if he gets picked he probably won't be allowed minutes, so get him in the studio BBC or ITV Lineker Shearer Wright and Dixon have had there 10 years saying the same stuff.

That would be great, but could be suicidal to his career if he had to criticise one of his peers.

Ideal world, Southgate leaves and the new boss has sense to build an England team around Maddison, Foden and Rice.

And if one of those drops out of form, someone else replaces them until they find form again.

Simple really :whistle:

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

That would be great, but could be suicidal to his career if he had to criticise one of his peers.

Ideal world, Southgate leaves and the new boss has sense to build an England team around Maddison, Foden and Rice.

And if one of those drops out of form, someone else replaces them until they find form again.

Simple really :whistle:

He's too streetwise to criticize a peer, he doesn't say anything all that exciting in interviews, not that different to most of them but where he is different is his tone and enthusiasm in speaking.

Just now, Beachyboy said:

He's too streetwise to criticize a peer, he doesn't say anything all that exciting in interviews, not that different to most of them but where he is different is his tone and enthusiasm in speaking.

I agree, but people could/would push him for a soundbite.

He's just as good to listen to as he is to watch.

A very smart guy and if/when he has his international breakthrough, he'll be a fvcking superstar. 

Which would ultimately be bad for us, but fair play to the guy.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Daft tweets like this are part of the problem:

There isn't a good reason as to why he hasn't played for years. I am doubtful whether he can come in and live up to the hype but Southgate's refusal to try him is unbelievable.

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I agree, but people could/would push him for a soundbite.

He's just as good to listen to as he is to watch.

A very smart guy and if/when he has his international breakthrough, he'll be a fvcking superstar. 

Which would ultimately be bad for us, but fair play to the guy.

The table is tight, you don't need masses of investment to be at the top end, look at Newcastle while they've spent is it humongously more than what Forest spent, when they were bottom. JM clearly likes his football at Leicester and I don't see a big club where he would be allowed to express as much personality as he does. I remember him saying about growing up in Coventry or liking the area, I don't see him moving to a London club.

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

The table is tight, you don't need masses of investment to be at the top end, look at Newcastle while they've spent is it humongously more than what Forest spent, when they were bottom. JM clearly likes his football at Leicester and I don't see a big club where he would be allowed to express as much personality as he does. I remember him saying about growing up in Coventry or liking the area, I don't see him moving to a London club.

Money talks in a short career though.

And whilst I don't see him being Beckham levels of superstardom, he's arguably a better player.

As are others in England right now.

It's all about the marketing though.

Just seen the post match interviews on SSN (my Mrs made me turn over immediately at the final whistle to watch The Wheel. It's quite good actually, Ed Balls was on it this week)

Youri's face said it all. He was actually laughing at the thought of Madders not going to the World Cup.

If England face Belgium at some point and Maddison hasn't gone, Youri will be grateful for it.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Money talks in a short career though.

And whilst I don't see him being Beckham levels of superstardom, he's arguably a better player.

As are others in England right now.

It's all about the marketing though.

The only "big 6 club" who could do with a midfield overhaul is Liverpool and I don't see how he fits there, if he was his ability and a defender he'd of gone a year ago, Maguire, Chillwell and recently Fofana are examples of that, much like Rogers won't get a job at the big table, he may have to engineer a way of us getting there, we are one good transfer window of getting back to where we were a year or two ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

The only "big 6 club" who could do with a midfield overhaul is Liverpool and I don't see how he fits there, if he was his ability and a defender he'd of gone a year ago, Maguire, Chillwell and recently Fofana are examples of that, much like Rogers won't get a job at the big table, he may have to engineer a way of us getting there, we are one good transfer window of getting back to where we were a year or two ago.

I'd argue that the only 'big 6' (hate that phrase) that doesn't need him is Man City.

And ironically, Pep would make him thrive the most.

I'm not English but I just don't see how any doesn't look at that English pool of players and surmise that they need to build a squad around the 3 man midfield of Maddison, Rice and Bellingham. 

Those 3 at CM, Kane up top, Saka on the Wing... That's your starting point IMO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I say drop one trick pony mr ward prowse.

doesn’t do enough imo and against the best of the best we need our best.

madders for England 

The only thing he's supposedly in the squad for is dead ball situations which Madders excels at as well as being our most dangerous player in open play

Edited by TK95
  • Like 1