Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

33 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We only have one striker unless Stirling wakes up. Harry gets injured , we will probably be firing blanks.

Well we have Abraham, Wilson and Toney… all very capable. Not kanes level but he is one of the top 3 strikers in the world so yes damaging but not totally useless 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

This may have already been discussed so apologies, but what you reckon are the chances he signs any sort of new contract. I understand that they mean nothing apart from a slightly higher fee now days. Something tells me he is running down his contract and we will have to sell on the cheaper side. How long has he got left? If he has a year left on his contract and at the end of the season and Newcastle come in with 50m as much as it would be amazingly depressing would we accept?  

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he does make it then five weeks with all those pampered over paid prima donnas will guarantee he doesn’t stay here !  madders will be the lowest paid 24 y o + player there. 

Doesn't help either way. If he doesn't go he'll start to question if it's because he's playing here and not at Arsenal for example. If he does go, he'll get tapped up like we've seen before.

Anyway it's our own fault for bottling Champions League twice in a row and not giving him the platform here. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he does make it then five weeks with all those pampered over paid prima donnas will guarantee he doesn’t stay here !  madders will be the lowest paid 24 y o + player there. 

Madders would one of be the most humble in the squad, genuine football lover too. I think he will see right through the prima donnas, apparently he prefers playing darts to watching them anyway.......his head wont be turned.

Being a nice lad dont exclude you from having ambition and collecting money though.

I suspect he is a legacy man, already has firm career plans which I doubt include sitting on a bench for a bit more money.

I just hope he ends up a star at Real Madrid and not at Man U.....

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He's smart enough to realise all those moves away don't always work out.

From the lads that he'll know - Chilwell and Fofana have been injured more often than not at Chelsea (Chelsea seem to suffer with lots of regular injuries too) and Maguire is the most hated man on the red side of Manchester. 

18 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Is there any pundit that has said they don't want maddison in the squad? I can't find a single quote.

No, the media will turn on Southgate if he doesn't include him. He's so far had very few question him. He must be hating this 😂😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No, the media will turn on Southgate if he doesn't include him. He's so far had very few question him. He must be hating this 😂😂😂😂

Bring on the world cup final when we the team is ravaged by injuries, and Southgate reluctantly has to bring him on, having ignored him all season. In the dying seconds of the game Madders scores an absolute screamer and then goes and does a knee slide right in front of him, eye contact the whole time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

there was plenty of noise before the september games. southgate batted them away, saying that competition in that area was very intense. by my calcs, no one who was picked in that area is injured so for madders to go, southgate has to drop a player elsewhere.  he could justify a non selection on the same basis but he opens himself up to calls for his sacking if we don't make the quarters at the very least.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

there was plenty of noise before the september games. southgate batted them away, saying that competition in that area was very intense. by my calcs, no one who was picked in that area is injured so for madders to go, southgate has to drop a player elsewhere.  he could justify a non selection on the same basis but he opens himself up to calls for his sacking if we don't make the quarters at the very least.

Southgate has talked himself in to being between a rock and a hard place for exactly what you’ve said above. He either turns, and admits he’s been wrong about him and takes him, or doubles down and takes on media backlash. There’s no hiding from it if he doesn’t at least take him, it’s personal to some extent. 

Ramsdale

trippier white stones shaw 

bellingham. rice 

saka.     maddison.   foden 

kane

You can debate the cbs.. even trent… but that’s as strong as this team can be right now imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Ramsdale

trippier white stones shaw 

bellingham. rice 

saka.     maddison.   foden 

kane

You can debate the cbs.. even trent… but that’s as strong as this team can be right now imo. 

Well, this is depressing. I doubt a team like this will even qualify from the group stage. Don't get me wrong, there's some talent there in front but the rest team is absolutely depressing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Manini said:

Southgate has talked himself in to being between a rock and a hard place for exactly what you’ve said above. He either turns, and admits he’s been wrong about him and takes him, or doubles down and takes on media backlash. There’s no hiding from it if he doesn’t at least take him, it’s personal to some extent. 

Jarrod Bowen likely to be dropped, likewise JWP. There is room for him as the back up RW or as a ACM.

34 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Well, this is depressing. I doubt a team like this will even qualify from the group stage. Don't get me wrong, there's some talent there in front but the rest team is absolutely depressing. 

it gets worse because it will be mount in acm, phillips over rice and maguire over white/ stones 😂