Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

9 minutes ago, Adster said:

Being serious here and don't care how over-dramatic this sounds. But any interest i have in this world cup will be entirely dependent on whether Maddison is selected or not. 

I have booked the afternoon off work for the Iran game. Genuinely think I'll save it if he's not selected

• Like 1

Just now, TK95 said:

I have booked the afternoon off work for the Iran game. Genuinely think I'll save it if he's not selected

Wouldn't blame you, some people will say it's an over reaction but it's come to a point where his selection is so obvious, it's really not an over-reaction at all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Adster said:

Being serious here and don't care how over-dramatic this sounds. But any interest i have in this world cup will be entirely dependent on whether Maddison is selected or not. 

You're not the only one. If Maddison is not selected and Iran causes a big upset on the 21st it's all over for Southgate. At least half of the nation won't be able to watch live the game. 😀

How can Maddison not be picked tomorrow? I guess Southgate will select him to keep some of the press happy, but I’m sure he won’t play him until it’s too late. I don’t trust Southgate rather like Hodgson who picked Willsher instead of Drinkwater in 2016. We all know what happened next 🙂

he will use up his extra places covering players who aren’t guaranteed to be fit 

so Henderson and JWP will be there to cover Philips - so he’s taking three I/o 2. Four holding midfielders plus Bellingham and mount 

I just don’t see him leaving out players who he’s picked in September (perhaps Toney won’t make it with Wilson going instead). 

abraham has been woeful for Roma this season - he shouldn’t be going…….but I think he will 

18 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

How can Maddison not be picked tomorrow? I guess Southgate will select him to keep some of the press happy, but I’m sure he won’t play him until it’s too late. I don’t trust Southgate rather like Hodgson who picked Willsher instead of Drinkwater in 2016. We all know what happened next 🙂

I’ll take that - we get knocked out in the group stages and Southgate gets sacked …….