Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

If Madders gets selected i honestly believe he will sign a new deal here, if he doesn’t make it there is every chance he will feel he has to make the move to one of the big 6 to give him the opportunity of becoming an England regular. I really do think the decision is that make or break. Southgate likes to say it’s about form and will occasionally select a player from outside one of the bigger clubs but this is often few and far between. 

if Madders can get on the plane to Qatar then playing week in week out for us shows it’s as beneficial as being part of a squad rotation at a bigger club. 

it would be an absolute travesty if he doesn’t get picked and a real kick in the teeth given the level of form he has consistently shown over such a period of time. 

• Like 3

Safegate will have no problems justifying it 

he will state that in the attacking midfield area he has grealish, sakha, foden and mount. That he only has four spaces allocated for this area and that none of those four deserves not to be going. It’s unfortunate for James but that’s how it is. If he increases to five then Bowen gets the nod because he’s a better wide player than madders. 

The country all have their opinions and it will be different but Gareth is the manager and he makes the decisions and carries the can which will hopefully be a P45.

the club will be pissed off - having an england player there raises the profile and also brings in £9000/day in fifa compensation payments. 

5 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

But what does grealish do? For club or country???? 

He actually played quite well last night.

he is our best ball carrier, unlikely to be tackled unless it’s a free kick. . But I wonder if the new ref interpretation of how much contact constitutes a foul will work against him in a tournament. 

I'm sorry but if he doesn't pick Maddison in his squad after his form over the last 18 months, then Southgate isn't doing what's best for the country. 

Why would you not have him in the squad to at least change a game when needed? There is no player in world football other than Riyad Mahrez who can turn on a sixpence like he can. 

27 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

But what does grealish do? For club or country???? 

Grealish has 7 goal involvements since the start of last season whilst playing for the best team in the country. That is an abomination for a so called creative attacking midfielder. He shouldn't be in the squad, let alone a potential starter with those stats.

• Like 1

I don’t think Maddison will be in the England squad:

“There are three key dates:

• Friday, Oct. 21: Preliminary squad list (35-55 players) to be submitted
  • Monday, Nov. 14: Final list of 23-26 players to be submitted
  • Tuesday, Nov. 15: FIFA to offically announce all 32 squads“

Southgate has form for not selecting JM in previous squads even when logic dictates he should (i.e. less important match, injuries, form). He’s not tried to integrate him into the squad at any point and has preferred to stick with his out of form favourites or random selections elsewhere in his squad.

Based on fitness and form Maddison should be in the squad.Unfortunately, based on GS’s previous form and behaviour I don’t think he will be.

The case for Maddison has become so obvious that it’s actually reached the point that, if England don’t perform well, it could spark the downfall of Gareth Southgate - or at least a significant part of the narrative as it all starts to unravel.

Then again I might be wrong and he’s in the squad. I guess we’ll know today 

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He actually played quite well last night.

he is our best ball carrier, unlikely to be tackled unless it’s a free kick. . But I wonder if the new ref interpretation of how much contact constitutes a foul will work against him in a tournament. 

Harvey has better stats than Grealish and while he probably gives the ball away more, is far more likely to score and create goals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Safegate will have no problems justifying it 

he will state that in the attacking midfield area he has grealish, sakha, foden and mount. That he only has four spaces allocated for this area and that none of those four deserves not to be going. It’s unfortunate for James but that’s how it is. If he increases to five then Bowen gets the nod because he’s a better wide player than madders.

Are you forgetting Rashford? Who IMO is nailed on to be selected too.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Grealish was the Maddison of Euro 2020. He was the player the public demanded to be included and Southgate did, somewhat reluctantly, eventually give him match time. 

Hed had a season with about 8 goals and 6 assists and the public were demanding him to play. That's a poor season by maddisons standards.

10 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Why has Mason Mount got 32 caps and Maddison 1 cap.

Southgate is such a c*ck

Very sad if true but Mount has been considered a poster boy for the FA from a very early age.

Madders probably wasn’t even on the FA’s radar growing up (big club bias at full force perhaps) 

58 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

I’ve heard he’s in the squad. Quite a strong source as well.

I really hope this is true. You can see how much it means to him and he has worked so hard with his form, fitness, mentality..... he thoroughly deserves it and its a travesty if he doesnt go.

We want our players to be playing for their country.  They shouldnt feel they have to leave to acheive that. Barnes and JJ (I know he is injured) should be on the cusp too.  I will be truely gutted for Madders if he isnt in that team. Lets see how much of a pillock Southgate really is .....     

To be honest I'm team Belgium if he isnt in 😊

• Like 1