Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

I’m in two minds about this to be honest. On a personal note for him, I hope he goes, he fully deserves it and would be a great reward. Also won’t do the chances of him signing a new deal any harm.

However for me personally, I don’t want any of our players represented at this World Cup. I want our club far away as possible from this. This World Cup is abhorrent on nearly every level. From the way it was awarded, the 1000’s of deaths just for 28 days of football, the country’s disgraceful political views and pretty much everything else associated with it is disgusting . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Staffs Fox said:

I’m in two minds about this to be honest. On a personal note for him, I hope he goes, he fully deserves it and would be a great reward. Also won’t do the chances of him signing a new deal any harm.

However for me personally, I don’t want any of our players represented at this World Cup. I want our club far away as possible from this. This World Cup is abhorrent on nearly every level. From the way it was awarded, the 1000’s of deaths just for 28 days of football, the country’s disgraceful political views and pretty much everything else associated with it is disgusting . 

I'm disappointed teams are not boycotting it tbh.

Konte yesterday said that Kane is tired and this is the reason he was subbed. He's tired in November! Konte was talking about fatigue and not that Kane is mentally exhausted with this Spurs team which would make more sense. The main striker of the national squad is tired according to an official statement of his club manager and he will still be the No1 choice of Southgate? 

If Maddison is not selected today it will be scandalous. As it stands and given the huge problems this national squad has I won't be surprised if we lose all 3 group stage games. 

17 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Thing is, no matter what Southgate does, he has totally mismanaged the situation with potentially one of his best options. All situations make him look like a bellend.

If he doesn't pick him, then he has failed to acknowledge one of the best attacking midfielders available. If he does pick him, then he gave one the best attacking midfielders next to no time to integrate with the squad / team prior to world cup selection. The time to pick him was earlier in the year, and there was no excuse not to.

Southgate is a deeply conservative coach, and this shows in everything he does - from team selection to tactics to substitutions. The fact that he didn't bother to give other players a try in the meaningless Nations League games tells you everything you need to know about him. Once he's decided he trusts a particular player, he'll pick them irrespective of their club form. Even if another player in the same position is consistently playing out of his skin, he'll still struggle to get picked because Southgate already has somebody he can trust. He's very big on trust. Once you're in, you're in - and tough luck to anybody else trying to get in, even if their form clearly merits it.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Southgate is a conservative coach, and this shows in everything he does - from team selection to tactics to substitutions. Once he's decided he trusts a particular player, he'll pick them irrespective of their club form. Even if another player in the same position is consistently playing out of his skin, he'll still struggle to get picked because Southgate already has somebody he can trust. He's very big on trust. Once you're in, you're in - and tough luck to anybody else trying to get in, even if their form clearly merits it.

Who are you describing again?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Thing is, no matter what Southgate does, he has totally mismanaged the situation with potentially one of his best options. All situations make him look like a bellend.

If he doesn't pick him, then he has failed to acknowledge one of the best attacking midfielders available. If he does pick him, then he gave one the best attacking midfielders next to no time to integrate with the squad / team prior to world cup selection. The time to pick him was earlier in the year, and there was no excuse not to.

Great post. Southgate is not up to the job

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

If he doesn’t go and England do really well(which I doubt) I do fear how his mind would be after the restart. He would 100% want to leave I’d imagine. Even if England flop he’d be thinking what he could have done. Forget the England perspective I think it hurts us more if he doesn’t go.

He'll be alright. Maddison is an educated guy and in the minority of footballers who know how to talk without using stereotypes. It looks that he was raised well and he has morals. I don't think he'll be affected, quite the opposite, he'll come back even stronger after the break.