Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, Stinky said:

Not saying JWP is a bad player but I regularly see people say he should go simply because he can take corners/free kicks - seems a bit of a waste for a spot in the starting XI if thats all he's good for lol

Especially given Madders has finally learned how to clear the first man... occasionally. :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Not saying JWP is a bad player but I regularly see people say he should go simply because he can take corners/free kicks - seems a bit of a waste for a spot in the starting XI if thats all he's good for lol

I don’t get the JWP hype. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play well. Like you say he takes a half decent corner and that’s about it. 

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not been watching Serie A this season mun? 

His bubble has burst just like Lingard's did. Both mid table journeymen that had a purple patch. 

Abraham is in honking form, miles behind Wilson and Toney on your list of backups right now. 

Fair enough, I'd seen he scored the other day and just had in my mind he had scored more. I know their form generally had dropped off recently. 

Regardless, I agree I'd also rather take Wilson and Toney.

Fair play to Madders as a person, whatever the WC squad outcome is, the fact most or all of the country, not just foxes fans, want him to go shows to me not only how well he’s playing at the moment but also the personality of the lad.

always comes across well in interviews 

good luck to JM and hope he bags a brace against west ham at weekend to prove Southgate was either right or wrong to include him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Might have been in if Trippier wasn’t practically guaranteed a starting spot now. He’ll take a fair amount of the set pieces. 

34 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Some journalists chatting absolute shit. There are twenty-six spots on the plane. An extra three compared to previous world cups. The mental gymnastics to defend any conceivable logic of JM not going is staggering. 

But Southgate could take an extra 3 centrebacks, just in case one of the other 8 gets ingured. I think Southgate's real dilema is that if he takes Maddison and he gets to play and play how we all know he can, Southgate's gonna look a bit of a twat and it undermines his whole policy of fa bred talent.

Edited by yorkie1999

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He'll go, then play about 30 minutes altogether.

Which is worse than being left out.

There’s no warm up friendlies so it’s quite possible that 7 or 8 players go and don’t see a minute.

Wales is the third group game so we won’t even see 11 changes for that if we win the first two. 

21 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I hope he gets picked.....it maybe will stop him going to Newcastle or Spurs next summer cos he believes playing for a top 6 club is the only chance he will get picked for England 

Or on the flip side increase his chances of leaving if he played and had stand out performances.

• Sad 1