Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fair enough, I'd seen he scored the other day and just had in my mind he had scored more. I know their form generally had dropped off recently. 

Regardless, I agree I'd also rather take Wilson and Toney.

Yeah but it's not just his numbers that are low he's been playing terribly too. Missed some sitters. 

5 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Apparently some journo thinks that Maddison should join a bigger club - and then mentions Newcastle. They may be bigger financially but have won absolutely nothing since 1969. So bigger? My a..85463779_Skrmbillede2022-11-10kl_14_01_25.thumb.png.73aed313f6aeede035a587ba537a8374.png

Of course they’re a bigger club than us. More fans, more historical success, currently better, they’re bigger than us by any reasonable criteria. Shouldn’t make a difference to his being picked for England of course, but we all know it does.

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He'll go, then play about 30 minutes altogether.

Which is worse than being left out.

I don't think you can say that's worse. Any player would love to be around the squad and go to a World Cup. There are plenty of players in the past who have winners medals and can call themselves world champions even without playing a minute.

And it'll be a great experience which will boost his confidence even more. In fact, getting a small taste for it might drive him even further knowing that he can be in the squad regularly.

My blood just boiled listening to some clown on talk sport say he can't really see Maddison getting minutes because there's no real point when you would turn to him. Then continued to state how a number of players from larger clubs are ahead because they can change the game. It's like people have lived under a rock for the past two seasons where he continues to have one of the highest consistent goal involvements across all English players.

• Like 1