Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, ultrafox said:

I wish I could see Maddison's reaction. Surely he know now.:scarf:

So happy for the lad! :appl:

The 'we understand' is coming directly from Journos asking players/agents. So yeah he deffo knows :) 

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

My blood just boiled listening to some clown on talk sport say he can't really see Maddison getting minutes because there's no real point when you would turn to him. Then continued to state how a number of players from larger clubs are ahead because they can change the game. It's like people have lived under a rock for the past two seasons where he continues to have one of the highest consistent goal involvements across all English players.

Yep ****!!!!!!! Just said the same of Fikayo Tomori v maguire.

also Dan burn not good enough because he played for Brighton. Only just playing big time now at Newcastle, what???????????

twat twat twat

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

How do you think Wales will do?

Honestly? If we beat Iran I'll be happy. 

It's the most ragtag collection of players that can't get in their sides, League Two players, Championship journeymen and old injured "veterans" lol

It's a long, long way from the 2016 side. 

We're pretty organised, hard working, got loads of heart, will be tough to break down as long as we don't make too many howlers at the back. 

But there's so few goals in the side and our throwback wildcard (Moore) did pretty terribly at the last Euros because he was just constantly getting hounded by refs cos you just can't play that way at that level. 

We won't be appealing for the neutrals to watch we tend to make games awful and just stick it out til the end but if you enjoy gutsy, stubborn defensive displays we're your team lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Of course they’re a bigger club than us. More fans, more historical success, currently better, they’re bigger than us by any reasonable criteria. Shouldn’t make a difference to his being picked for England of course, but we all know it does.

Actually disagree. If your thesis is valid then Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, WBA, Sunderland etc. are bigger than us. Yes Newcastle are ahead in the league but thats all. They haven´t won anything in more than 50 years so until that happens they are not "big" in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Nick said:

So, Ward Prowse out and Madders in. Cool.

Can see it now, England world cup final Greslish takes a tumble just outside the box, Southgate looks for JWP and remember he has left him at home. Madders picks the ball up places it and then BANG Harry Kane hits the corner flag and England go on to lose 1-0. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't think you can say that's worse. Any player would love to be around the squad and go to a World Cup. There are plenty of players in the past who have winners medals and can call themselves world champions even without playing a minute.

And it'll be a great experience which will boost his confidence even more. In fact, getting a small taste for it might drive him even further knowing that he can be in the squad regularly.

I was speaking in terms of an LCFC fan, it'll just ensure he leaves us 12 months sooner than he probably would, as well as ensuring he doesn't have a relaxing rest away from football.

I'm happy for him and I hope Southgate gives him a chance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

26 players 

takes him to avoid controversy 

but wont play him.

maybe 3 mins v Iran 

well...obviously...BUT if we have injuries he'll have no choice but to play him - we can but hope! First hurdle overcome with him (apparently) being on the plane..! :D

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Yep ****!!!!!!! Just said the same of Fikayo Tomori v maguire.

also Dan burn not good enough because he played for Brighton. Only just playing big time now at Newcastle, what???????????

twat twat twat

Amazing how some people judge football in such a shallow way. We won the world cup with players from Leicester, Fulham and Blackpool.  Some of the modern fans are dazzled by just the big teams. Bit like judging music by what is in top 10 singles charts.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dames said:

Glad for Maddison, might even sign a new deal with us now he's realised his England ambitions can be achieved with us.

Southgate playing him is a different issue altogether though. 

More likely that he’ll be speaking to the Chelsea and Spurs contingent and he’ll get his head turned and end up getting poached very soon 

• Sad 1