Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Please don't get injured v West Ham

That's what I'm thinking at the moment. How will the announcement affect his game v West Ham. Will he go all out on the front foot, and continue with his current excellent form,  forcing his way into the England  starting 11 at some stage? Or will he take care to avoid injury just to ensure he's on the plane?

Congrats madders ! Well deserved. Proud of him.

I've been so invested in wether he will go I feel like I've been selected for the squad.

Mind you, as a 38 year old fond of cider and kebabs I have to accept that maybe I wasn't in the running 

Edited by Dandy king
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ultrafox said:

That's what I'm thinking at the moment. How will the announcement affect his game v West Ham. Will he go all out on the front foot, and continue with his current excellent form,  forcing his way into the England  starting 11 at some stage? Or will he take care to avoid injury just to ensure he's on the plane?

I think he’ll be bang up for it. He’ll want to do something special on Saturday.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ultrafox said:

I would not begrudge him taking it easy to ensure he is there on the plane.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly? If we beat Iran I'll be happy. 

It's the most ragtag collection of players that can't get in their sides, League Two players, Championship journeymen and old injured "veterans" lol

It's a long, long way from the 2016 side. 

We're pretty organised, hard working, got loads of heart, will be tough to break down as long as we don't make too many howlers at the back. 

But there's so few goals in the side and our throwback wildcard (Moore) did pretty terribly at the last Euros because he was just constantly getting hounded by refs cos you just can't play that way at that level. 

We won't be appealing for the neutrals to watch we tend to make games awful and just stick it out til the end but if you enjoy gutsy, stubborn defensive displays we're your team lol

Who cares what the naturals or purists think, spirit, determination, work rate is undervalued.

Looking forward to watching you guys. 

• Like 1

Really pleased for Maddison he thoroughly deserves his call up, but Southgate gets no plaudits from me, it's got to the situation that everyone in the country is calling for him to be in the squad so he's included him under pressure, the fact he's not been in any squad in the last 3 years with him posting the sort of stats he's been doing whilst playing in Europe for us and been in a team pushing for Champions League for two of those seasons really shows Southgate up, I mean not one squad whatsoever?

• Like 2