Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

19 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Will have to get his American girlfriend a half and half scarf for when they play USA! Surprised the club didn't have a reaction video lined up to post straight away. 

Looking forward to seeing whether she puts Leo in a USA kit while Madders is away lollol 

• Haha 1

Now play Madders from the off and win the damned thing. Of course he won’t. Poor old JM will probably get 17.6 mins across the competition. 

We’ll be losing an important game, crying out for creativity and Southgate will bring on a DM. 

Still, he’s going, so happy days. Good for him. 

Now he’s in the squad he should actually be starting every game but I doubt he will. I wager he’ll get less than 2 hours of football in the WC because I’m not sure that Southgate rates him enough. I think he’s picked him because the weight of pressure was on him to do so.

I hope I’m wrong because we can only win this WC with Maddison in the 11. He will be the difference. 

12 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Now he’s in the squad he should actually be starting every game but I doubt he will. I wager he’ll get less than 2 hours of football in the WC because I’m not sure that Southgate rates him enough. I think he’s picked him because the weight of pressure was on him to do so.

I hope I’m wrong because we can only win this WC with Maddison in the 11. He will be the difference. 

This is my concern too. Do think that he has picked him as a result of media pressure, as opposed to actually wanting him there.

That said, still really happy that he got picked, as it looked incredibly unlikely only 24 hours ago.

26 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Really chuffed for him getting in the squad. Can tell he's worked his socks off the last 12/18 months and it's paid off.

Let's hope he gets a chance to show what he can do.

There's a lot saying he won't play I'm buzzing for him but sceptical, but if he shows to be a standout player in training, there's a chance of him getting some game time.

Totally deserved. Perhaps this also keeps him at the club a bit longer? Newcastle will come in for him hot this summer, no doubt about that. We'll get good money for him, but just like Mahrez it will be hard if not impossible to replace such a player. 

Vardy is our GOAT, but these days Maddison is our talisman. He is reliable and has the quality to match. Watching him become a top player in front of our eyes has been enjoyable to see.